News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If you're concerned about that you've eliminated 99.99% of people that even have the power / connections to join the Disney board...

What you do want is someone that understands the company and seems to like disney. Peltz fits that bill better than anyone else I can think of that head a realistic chance of joining the board.
You're talking about the guy who answered "Why Disney?" with "Why not?"

Wow. Such a love of Disney on display.

Dan Deesnee

If that's the case, why did he wait till now to invest in the company? He's been a fanboy forever.. but only when the stock got to attractive levels is only when he decided to get active?? What a cute story...

That's how investing works... If he had bought sooner you could argue he's a bad investor and that would be even worse for someone like that to join the board.

Dan Deesnee

You're talking about the guy who answered "Why Disney?" with "Why not?"

Wow. Such a love of Disney on display.

Peltz specifically pointed out that Disney is over earning on the parks, essentially stating that Disney is wringing Park attendees dry I overcharging for everything. And he is spot on and that assessment. If you like the parks, that's the kind of person you want on the board.

Who would you suggest as an alternative? Because someone is going to join the board and sometimes you pick the least worst option...

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's how investing works... If he had bought sooner you could argue he's a bad investor and that would be even worse for someone like that to join the board.
Or you would say he's a bad investor for not buying before the runup since there is so much he liked about the company and was missing out on all those dividends before.

There is no spinning this... this is opportunistic based on Disney's drop.

Jrb1979

Or you would say he's a bad investor for not buying before the runup since there is so much he liked about the company and was missing out on all those dividends before.

There is no spinning this... this is opportunistic based on Disney's drop.
It definitely is. It's not like it's been good under the Bob's either

UNCgolf

Peltz specifically pointed out that Disney is over earning on the parks, essentially stating that Disney is wringing Park attendees dry I overcharging for everything. And he is spot on and that assessment. If you like the parks, that's the kind of person you want on the board.

Who would you suggest as an alternative? Because someone is going to join the board and sometimes you pick the least worst option...

Peltz doesn't actually think that. If you're a parks fan, he's about the last person you'd want with real power on the board.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

Peltz had a lot of Disney stock. It was doing nothing for him with it crashing due to Wall Streets panic over streaming and with it having stopped paying dividends.

So, he just wants a payday. He thinks he knows best (tell that to Madison Square Garden) to get the stocks up and dividends flowing. So he's making up a kitchen sink pile of reasons why he should be on the board. He couldn't care less about Disney guests being squeezed, because, if that's what it takes to get his dividends, he'll squeeze hard.

You think he's going to lower prices for guests and reduce Disney's profits and send the stock lower and hold off dividends even longer?

"Why not!"

_caleb

You may agree with his assessment of the parks, but do you know what his proposed solution will likely be?

LSLS

I think you probably need to go read up on Peltz and his organization a bit more.

Dranth

He is just saying what people want to hear so he can scrounge up enough votes to get himself on the board. Take a close look at the actual record for other companies he or Trian have been involved with. It isn't good.

Lord knows Disney needs a new board and a better CEO but Peltz is the wrong direction and should be avoided if we want the company to get better.

Jrb1979

You add in the disaster that the Star Wars hotel is turning out to be it's been more misses then hits lately. I know Covid hurt Disney but if hurt most businesses too. The difference is Disney seems to the only one that completely changed their business model. Most other major park companies are now back to continuing where they left off before Covid.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
You add in the disaster that the Star Wars hotel is turning out to be it's been more misses then hits lately. I know Covid hurt Disney but if hurt most businesses too. The difference is Disney seems to the only one that completely changed their business model. Most other major park companies are now back to continuing where they left off before Covid.
Gosh who would have ever predicted a disaster with the Star Wars hotel?

or the NBA experience at Disney Springs

or Genie+

or…

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interestingly, Disneyland bookings are up. Disneyland Paris bookings are up. Universal Orlando bookings are up.

Walt Disney World bookings aren’t.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

This is a great read for those clamoring for Peltz to succeed. It has a nice recap of his previous failures.
I like how he has his own slide deck...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom