News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

SirLink

The problem with a company like TWDC is does Apple want to sell merchandise or run Theme Parks. Magic Eight Ball says "probably not" so the only thing you would be buying them for is content. Then combine it with Apple's streaming strategy and doesn't seem the greatest fit, Apple+ is being given away to drive sales of their devices ... now combine that with a the writer/actor strikes if the AMPTP stance changes on residuals then Disney's large legacy content could be perceived as a negative in terms of streaming. So then the only thing Apple is buying is merchandise rights something which Apple is not interested.

Could it happen possibly is it realistic no you have more chance of PIF buying TWDC then Apple

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The problem with a company like TWDC is does Apple want to sell merchandise or run Theme Parks. Magic Eight Ball says "probably not" so the only thing you would be buying them for is content. Then combine it with Apple's streaming strategy and doesn't seem the greatest fit, Apple+ is being given away to drive sales of their devices ... now combine that with a the writer/actor strikes if the AMPTP stance changes on residuals then Disney's large legacy content could be perceived as a negative in terms of streaming. So then the only thing Apple is buying is merchandise rights something which Apple is not interested.

Could it happen possibly is it realistic no you have more chance of PIF buying TWDC then Appple
This is largely why I don't understand why Apple would want to have hands in everything things Disney does. If Iger can talk about television maybe not being core then the same logic would apply to Disney and not being core to Apple. Disney selling off television programming makes sense. Disney getting ESPN Bet off the ground and using it to prop up ESPN to sell it off makes sense too. But everything to Apple? It doesn't seem to make sense. But then again, Comcast owns NBCUniversal and that runs theme parks, so I guess anything is possible.

Robbiem

I think a sale to Apple may be what Iger wants for a big ego driven exit but not necessarily what Apple wants. Sure they could do something with Disney plus and the content library, maybe ESPN or FX but why would they want to run Disneyland or all the merchandise type activities? Would any tech company? I could see the company splitting and selling or spinning off the parks and other non media stuff with Disney basically becoming a licensing company which is then bought out maybe but no way the whole company becomes part of Apple

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think a sale to Apple may be what Iger wants for a big ego driven exit but not necessarily what Apple wants. Sure they could do something with Disney plus and the content library, maybe ESPN or FX but why would they want to run Disneyland or all the merchandise type activities? Would any tech company? I could see the company splitting and selling or spinning off the parks and other non media stuff with Disney basically becoming a licensing company which is then bought out maybe but no way the whole company becomes part of Apple
Iger pretty much said no to all those things in the quarterly call.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That S-eating grin with those morons cat calling is 98% of the reason Bob was there

1% unchallenged power
1% money

That clip is perfect…it should definitely be included in the “collapse of the house of mouse” documentary on CNBC - eta 2028 at this rate - if the investors don’t stop concentrating on a $0.18 dividend and go ahead and hit the kill switch

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom