News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

TwilightZone

That’s why he needs to sell 20th Century Fox (Studios) because Disney is in a debt crisis right now!
Better yet...they need to rehire the talent behind Blue Sky. I am sure Disney and Pixar could use the extra animators... or at least give them to whatever studio animated Buck Wild and the new Wimpy Kid films.

ezgif-3-8660521e91.gif

Skywise

Robinson's was a troubled production.

The Pixar acquisition happened near the end of it and Lasseter stepped in with his new company roll to try helping punch it up but I think they knew that one was a bit of a lost cause.

Watching objectively, you can see how all over the place it really was.*

Two things I remember most vividly about my theater viewing of that one was the new Walt Disney Pictures intro and the way they kept hitting us over the head with the Walt line "... keep moving forward".

That last part, especially how it was used in the movie, felt like a message to the audience not to judge the future on the movie they had just seen (made by a different organization) from the past.

*I'll admit I liked the Tom Selleck meta joke, though.

_
It's not a great movie but Meet the Robinsons grows on me with each viewing. (unlike, say, Treasure Planet)

Skywise

Wandavision regularly made Nielsen's top 10 for new series. So, that's how we know there has been at least 5.4B minutes watched.

After five weeks of tracking, Andor has 2.3B minutes watched and is also consistently making the top ten.
Only at the beginning of the series, not the end when it lost viewership.

Disney Analyst

Why wait?

The current Disney is the Disney Iger built.

I'm curious - is there one, single, solitary element of the parks that can be attributed to Chapek without any involvement from Iger?

It’s hard to know where Iger ends and Chapek began. There was such little time between them.

But everyone’s been celebrating all over the internet as if the Wicked Witch has been melted and a saviour has returned.

As if they all forget the same criticisms had been levied at Iger before he stepped down…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s hard to know where Iger ends and Chapek began. There was such little time between them.

But everyone’s been celebrating all over the internet as if the Wicked Witch has been melted and a saviour has returned.

As if they all forget the same criticisms being levied at Iger before he stepped down…
Chapek didn’t have enough time to really change much of anything…

Taken 5 years to build a clone of a roller coaster…

Da hell could he change in 2??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom