News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

MrPromey

It's not a great movie but Meet the Robinsons grows on me with each viewing. (unlike, say, Treasure Planet)

Can't say I was a fan of Treasure Planet but regarding Robinsons - I have a child and have it on Blueray (thanks to forgetting for way to long to cancel my move club membership about eight years ago) and honestly, I think less of it every time I see it.

The concept is good, the message is good, it had a few really cool scenes but I could make a list of all the things I felt were off about it and believe me, I've had to sit through it enough to have made that list in my mind a few times over.

I'm not talking Home on the Range bad but still bad in my opinion. (and also, the last movie from that chapter of Disney's animation history)

... But I like plenty of stuff other people hate so I'm not about to consider myself the arbiter of good taste.

... Unless you also liked Good Dinosaur. Then there's something wrong with you. 🙃

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

Is there also hope for Splash Mountain to stay as-is now that Chapek is gone?
Not at all. The decision to remove it was in the works before Chapek became CEO. If anything, Iger was likely more responsible than Chapek for getting rid of it. It's closure is also imminent and the replacement concept/budget finalized. Outside of budget cuts DURING construction (which you should hope doesn't happen here), they're not altering course.

If what I heard is accurate, the current concept of the ride (apart from the salt mine backstory) is also sounding a lot better than what they had in mind prior. Allegedly it has a much greater budget, the proposed story/script has even skeptics impressed, and apparently they are going to retain the old animatronics and add even more to the roster. We'll see, but it's the only decent news i'd heard about the ride. The prior concepts called for a super low budget and removal of most/all animatronic figures.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Only at the beginning of the series, not the end when it lost viewership.
It is amazing the factual things you keep getting wrong. According to Nielsen's top ten for new shows in millions of minutes watch.

434 - first week, first 2 episodes dropped
376 - ep. 3
431 - ep. 4
589 - ep. 5
596 - ep. 6
720 - ep. 7
732 - ep. 8
924 - ep. 9 finale
388 - next week people catching up
252 - next week people catching up

You can see how it most definitely did not fizzle out.

What exactly are your sources of information which have been so thoroughly misinforming you?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Forgive me, why is this particular shareholder a bad guy? I'm legitimately asking because I've never heard of him or his activist group.
I dunno. I was reacting to the suggestion that his level of investment was significant enough to warrant throwing his weight around let alone getting anywhere near a hostile takeover.

Skywise

Can't say I was a fan of Treasure Planet but regarding Robinsons - I have a child and have it on Blueray (thanks to forgetting for way to long to cancel my move club membership about eight years ago) and honestly, I think less of it every time I see it.

The concept is good, the message is good, it had a few really cool scenes but I could make a list of all the things I felt were off about it and believe me, I've had to sit through it enough to have made that list in my mind a few times over.

I'm not talking Home on the Range bad but, still bad - in my opinion. (and also, the last movie from that chapter of Disney's animation history)

... But I like plenty of stuff other people hate so I'm not about to consider myself the arbiter of good taste.

... Unless you also liked Good Dinosaur. Then there's something wrong with you. 🙃
Oh heavens no! Though I respect the artists' attempt at Good Dinosaur :D I do NOT own a copy of it (or Home on the Range)

Skywise

It is amazing the factual things you keep getting wrong. According to Nielsen's top ten for new shows in millions of minutes watch.

434 - first week, first 2 episodes dropped
376 - ep. 3
431 - ep. 4
589 - ep. 5
596 - ep. 6
720 - ep. 7
732 - ep. 8
924 - ep. 9 finale
388 - next week people catching up
252 - next week people catching up

You can see how it most definitely did not fizzle out.

What exactly are your sources of information which have been so thoroughly misinforming you?
people catching up?
It was a failure on all counts and, if it was such a success, why is Chapek being fired now?

MrPromey

Oh heavens no! Though I respect the artists' attempt at Good Dinosaur :D I do NOT own a copy of it (or Home on the Range)

Please ignore that note I dropped in your locker about meeting behind the gym after school.

Especially the part about how you're a chicken if you don't show.

We're good, now. 👍

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom