Bob Iger in HS

twebber55

I have no insider knowledge so take this with a grain of salt, but we probably won't hear anything about a Star Wars Land for at least another two years.

Star Wars, as a franchise, is bruised and beaten. The Old Republic game was considered a financial flop, the last three movies were critical failures, and the franchise doesn't hold the weight it once did.

However, that can all change in 2015 with SW7. If I were a betting man, if that movie does incredibly well, we'll see some theme park activity for it. But I don't think they're going to do that just yet, because while still immensely popular, the Star Tours attraction doesn't bring the crowds it once did, and there's no guarentee a Star Wars Land would be popular for longer than the summer it opens.
pretty much agree with this..i do see something after 2016/17

i will say this was fun tonight anyway

MattM

I have no insider knowledge so take this with a grain of salt, but we probably won't hear anything about a Star Wars Land for at least another two years.

Star Wars, as a franchise, is bruised and beaten. The Old Republic game was considered a financial flop, the last three movies were critical failures, and the franchise doesn't hold the weight it once did.

However, that can all change in 2015 with SW7. If I were a betting man, if that movie does incredibly well, we'll see some theme park activity for it. But I don't think they're going to do that just yet, because while still immensely popular, the Star Tours attraction doesn't bring the crowds it once did, and there's no guarentee a Star Wars Land would be popular for longer than the summer it opens.

Oh no, don't judge the franchise based on the success of a video game. Do you know how many people do not play video games? Star Wars is still easily one of the most popular franchises around today.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

I respect your opinion.

However, and yes, this is a fanboi response...so don't take offense...it's not directed at you specifically...

Let me know when Cars is the center of annual conventions around the country and has millions of rabid MONEY SPENDING adult fanatics with kids of their own.

Carsland > Star Wars Land...because Star Wars is a flop. Great financial thinking there...

Sue_Vongello

The problem I see with this logic is night like tonight and all the Star Wars weekends (focusing solely on WDW) would render that incorrect. These things are massive on crowds (or in terms Iger can understand $$$$$).

RyenDeckard

Oh no, don't judge the franchise based on the success of a video game. Do you know how many people do not play video games? Star Wars is still easily one of the most popular franchises around today.

I agree, it's just an example, but you have to see that the franchise has taken a serious beating over the past decade.

I respect your opinion.

However, and yes, this is a fanboi response...so don't take offense...it's not directed at you specifically...

Let me know when Cars is the center of annual conventions around the country and has millions of rabid MONEY SPENDING adult fanatics with kids of their own.

Carsland > Star Wars Land...because Star Wars is a flop. Great financial thinking there...

Carsland sells merchandise, and the attraction stands on it's own as a good attraction even without a movie backing it.

Never said Carsland>Star Wars Land anyway, but there has to be a reason Disney hasn't taken what has to be the most obvious cash cow in their lineup right now and done something with it. I'm just speculating that it's because they're nervous the franchise it dying off, and won't be as profitable as it once was. Which is why I'm saying we'll see an announcement in 2015 if there will be a star wars land, once they see that the franchise can still hold it's own once it has another good film.

The problem I see with this logic is night like tonight and all the Star Wars weekends (focusing solely on WDW) would render that incorrect. These things are massive on crowds (or in terms Iger can understand $$$$$).

Yeah, it absolutely does still bring in a great crowd, I'm just trying to figure out WHY they haven't taken what is the most obvious expansion in the history of expansions and run with it yet, after having the rights for just about 30 years now.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I agree, it's just an example, but you have to see that the franchise has taken a serious beating over the past decade.

Carsland sells merchandise, and the attraction stands on it's own as a good attraction even without a movie backing it.

Never said Carsland>Star Wars Land anyway, but there has to be a reason Disney hasn't taken what has to be the most obvious cash cow in their lineup right now and done something with it. I'm just speculating that it's because they're nervous the franchise it dying off, and won't be as profitable as it once was. Which is why I'm saying we'll see an announcement in 2015 if there will be a star wars land, once they see that the franchise can still hold it's own once it has another good film.

Yeah, it absolutely does still bring in a great crowd, I'm just trying to figure out WHY they haven't taken what is the most obvious expansion in the history of expansions and run with it yet, after having the rights for just about 30 years now.

Yes, I understood your point, and frankly agree. Hence why I clarified it was a fans rant, nothing more. :p

mousehockey37

So, how many nitwits will still follow this douchebag and listen to his coma inducing podcast?

They caused this "mess" so that they could get "free" stuff from Disney. Was it really worth it for them to do it? Granted, when any of us read anything that start with: 2 of my mokey's uncle's cousin's sisters who have distant relatives that work at _____ said that so and so... We should just pretty much toss the whole thing aside.

So, it's time for a boycott and maybe they should give up all their "free stuff"....

twebber55

i just think it goes back to what you said..they are waiting for the movies first

Captain Chaos

They caused this "mess" so that they could get "free" stuff from Disney. Was it really worth it for them to do it? Granted, when any of us read anything that start with: 2 of my mokey's uncle's cousin's sisters who have distant relatives that work at _____ said that so and so... We should just pretty much toss the whole thing aside.

So, it's time for a boycott and maybe they should give up all their "free stuff"....
I've stopped listening to these dumb podcasts a long time ago... Why feed these losers who feel they are ENTITLED to free Disney stuff?

RyenDeckard

I actually think the Clone Wars cartoon series has been a boon to the franchise and even introduced it to a whole new bunch of fans (today's children).

Yeah, that series is arguably the best star wars film/television show since the original series.

Except the Christmas special, that was awesome too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom