Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

WDW1974

Original Poster
You know what would help, shows. MK has practically no entertainment. Diamond Horshoe should have a show. Unfortunately they took out the Tomorrowland theater. But what if they built a new theater, wouldn't cost much, for a Tangled musical or import a show from one of the other parks or cruise ships. That could help with get some more people off the walkways. That is one of MK big issues compared to DL. DL has a lot of entertainment but the busiest park in the world has hardly any.

It used to. It used to.

It's amazing to think that for a generation plus of Guests, entertainment at MK has meant foamhead meet-greet-and-gropes and ancient parades (FoF excepted). MK has the least live entertainment of any of the castle parks right now.

WDW1974

Original Poster
When stuff starts going vertical then I'll begin to become enthusiastic, Until then it's just PR spin to be commented upon.

Now. C'mon 'sploder, you know I would NEVER tell folks to get excited by Disney in the swamps if there wasn't ample reason.

BTW, funny Twit theory going around (they think this is critical thinking, btw) is that I'm getting them all psyched and then Disney won't doing anything because I'm making all this up and I'll say ''Told ya. You can never trust those damn Disney-bastards like The Weatherman and the oddly waifish man of anemic personality!!! I was right, but things change!!!''

Not happening. Barring WWIII (in which case we'll have a lot more to worry about), the funds are there, the desire to do things has been expressed and the plans have pretty much (no, not an out ... look at the DCA redo, small things were dropped and others added) been etched in stone. Now, just sit back and wait ... or save up and let's all surprise @WDWFigment in Tokyo!

WDW1974

Original Poster
I think you're right. D23 still may not have much of anything announced.

I haven't heard new developments. I just don't know how they can get away with that ... unless they show details of Pandora (more likely with them, RoL) and some SDL and even Iron Man from HKDL and then say something like ''Next year on (date) at (place) we will be announcing a huge expansion of the Force after it Awakens in theaters everywhere on Dec. 18th.''

But, really, at this point they'd come off looking so bad. They're teasing more than a fanboi with an Imagineer old enough to be his daddy! You need to just offer something up!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Now this is strictly my opinion and I have nothing to base this on… But I would Think that a Star Wars announcement would be big enough to have its own stage by itself.

The renaming/rebuilding/rebranding of a park that will include a large Star Wars presence is bigger than simply the SW news. It will be driver of attendance, but it won't be the sole driver ... and they also have projects at other parks ... and who could forget the mall redo and the new timeshares?

Mike S

A loud SHAME, SHAME, SHAME on the 14 folks who gave you a like for two words.
image.jpg

TheScreed

Hey, politics is strictly forbidden here! I'm not one who usually tries to police things here, but a joke like that is temping for liberals like myself to answer. So, instead of answering it and breaking the rules, I am posting this.

It was not intended to be a political comment, except to indicate my belief that Disney is, once again, making empty threats to politicians that nobody believes and are totally unnecessary because they pretty much always get whatever they want with or without non-credible threats.

BrerJon

I just want to say again how much I like Jack Dorsey and his involvement with the company. He is constantly posting quotes of Walt and pictures of Walt but I think this tweet he replied to sums Jack up:

je5dnBi.jpg

Edit: I like this one too...
TFKgUbG.jpg

I didn't know there was anyone on the board who knew the first thing about Walt and how he operated, so that's encouraging. Based on this I'd love Jack to be the new CEO if he ever got fed up with Square.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Endulge me for a moment, numbers wise.... since we're talking the Studios and all....

Studios 1997: 10,500,000
Studios 2014: 10,312,000

Change? -1.79%. in 17 years.

Epcot and Studios have both been Flat in the long run over the past 20 years. Only park that shows significant growth is MK, an astronomical 68% since 1992.

Yep. And one can argue that Disney made that situation all due to management idiocy. They kept giving Guests fewer and fewer reasons to visit the other parks and then started closing them considerably earlier. If you had a choice of visiting MK or one of the other gates (leaving park-hopping out) then where would you go?

I've said it here many times that MK is one of my least favorite Disney parks in the world, yet I spend more time there than any other. Why? Because when one park is open until 1 a.m. and the other parks close at 6, 7 and 9 p.m., well I'm a night owl.

PhotoDave219

Now. C'mon 'sploder, you know I would NEVER tell folks to get excited by Disney in the swamps if there wasn't ample reason.

BTW, funny Twit theory going around (they think this is critical thinking, btw) is that I'm getting them all psyched and then Disney won't doing anything because I'm making all this up and I'll say ''Told ya. You can never trust those damn Disney-bastards like The Weatherman and the oddly waifish man of anemic personality!!! I was right, but things change!!!''

Not happening. Barring WWIII (in which case we'll have a lot more to worry about), the funds are there, the desire to do things has been expressed and the plans have pretty much (no, not an out ... look at the DCA redo, small things were dropped and others added) been etched in stone. Now, just sit back and wait ... or save up and let's all surprise @WDWFigment in Tokyo!

Well, if WW3 happens.... there goes Shanghai.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Speaking of schedules and budgets on other parks, did I miss your thoughts on the oc article today about the 1b for DL?

Commented on it. But it's all posturing. Worse, it's for something they will get and they are going through with what they have planned regardless so it's sorta a stupid empty threat. Typical of the Mouse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom