Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Andy64

DCA has a monorail stop at the Grand Californian...so, no need for it to push further into the park. Especially in a park that small.

It's often faster to walk somewhere at Disneyland than take the Monorail. Same at the other parks you mentioned, for the most part.

WDW is a unique beast in this respect.
Sorry the DLR monorail stops at downtown Disney and Tomorrowland only, no grand Californian stop

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sorry the DLR monorail stops at downtown Disney and Tomorrowland only, no grand Californian stop
Sorry, you're right. They share with the DTD stop. My bad. That said, to my point, there's no reason to extend it into DCA. It's not like it's that far of a walk (especially if you are staying onsite and can use the G. Californian entrance.

TP2000

The local media here in SoCal has been digging deeper into this week's official announcement that Disney plans to spend $1 Billion for expansion of Disneyland beginning in 2017. Here's a good info-graphic on where the speculation for new rides is focused on, from the Sunday OC Register. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-668812-disneyland-attractions.html

The Board of Directors apparently approved Anaheim's next expansion. I find it interesting that the local Orlando media couldn't get anyone in TDO to go on record regarding what the BoD may have approved for the Orlando parks. :confused:

the.dreamfinder

The Board of Directors apparently approved Anaheim's next expansion. I find it interesting that the local Orlando media couldn't get anyone in TDO to go on record regarding what the BoD may have approved for the Orlando parks.
Perhaps they are scared they will lose their media credentials? Or did they not get permission from Cupcake and her superiors to run the story?

asianway

The local media here in SoCal has been digging deeper into this week's official announcement that Disney plans to spend $1 Billion for expansion of Disneyland beginning in 2017. Here's a good info-graphic on where the speculation for new rides is focused on, from the Sunday OC Register. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-668812-disneyland-attractions.html

The Board of Directors apparently approved Anaheim's next expansion. I find it interesting that the local Orlando media couldn't get anyone in TDO to go on record regarding what the BoD may have approved for the Orlando parks. :confused:
D-Wayne was too busy posting glowing poo reviews

HauntedMansionFLA

That happens all the time. High-level universal creative people toward the new fantasyland area before it was open to the public…

It's absolutely commonplace and nobody should read anything into it one way or the other.
Are they trying to put together a $$$$ figure when walking through a themed area? I've never been to Universal but it really looks like they have done some nice things. And no, I don't want to turn this into Disney vs. Universal.

PhotoDave219

Are they trying to put together a $$$$ figure when walking through a themed area? I've never been to Universal but it really looks like they have done some nice things. And no, I don't want to turn this into Disney vs. Universal.

I believe it's the neighborly thing to do. The whole "hey, we made this. Wanna check it out before we open it?"

Plus it gives you ideas for how to manage crowds and people flow. And a lot of Creatives at Universal used to be at Disney.... It's just one of those things that happens.

HauntedMansionFLA

Why am I the only one who tries at analize the attendance?

Len and his statisticians come up with where the crowd lies from big to small, and I'm just looking at it from there.

It's not hard. The data is something anyone can subscribe to.
What are the top three rides that carrying the most guest per hour? DHS needs some rides that have a bunch of people that can ride per hour. A great quality too.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Perhaps they are scared they will lose their media credentials? Or did they not get permission from Cupcake and her superiors to run the story?

Or as the more cynical of us suspect WDW was never going to get any money in the first place, It was in reality an Anaheim deal. As part of the cover story a metric ton of disinformation was dropped.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I believe it's the neighborly thing to do. The whole "hey, we made this. Wanna check it out before we open it?"

Plus it gives you ideas for how to manage crowds and people flow. And a lot of Creatives at Universal used to be at Disney.... It's just one of those things that happens.

Well Disney still has their token creatives but the majority of Disney Creatives seem to be from Goldman Sach's these days...

jt04

Or as the more cynical of us suspect WDW was never going to get any money in the first place, It was in reality an Anaheim deal. As part of the cover story a metric ton of disinformation was dropped.

They wouldn't be shutting down half the Studios if this was the case. BTW, I'd guess 1 Billion is about what DAK 2.0 is costing. And Disney dollars go a lot further in the swamp than in Anaheim. But I am sure DL is getting something new and quaint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom