Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Progress.City

Who says they are not?

I mean, it's just a game of simcity to me, I like reworking things. I'm not alone.

But, I don't see that as any reason why Imagineers are "banned" from outside sources. And, as noted, even if the same outside sources came up with something, whose to say the Imagineers didn't on their own. Most of this is conjecture and for fun, something they do all the time.

I don't think WDI is lacking imagination, I think they are lacking political force internally.
I agree. They need an Imagineer with good business sense like Walt Disney again. Or a creative exec like Eisner.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If the Imagineers didn't even consider such a thing, then they aren't doing their jobs.
Their job is to do what they're told to do with the money they're given.

There will be no new ride between Epcot and DHS. Expect the bus system to grow in size and infrastructure for the foreseeable future.

Anything else belongs in the armchair imagineering forum.

Nemo14

One more note. My opinion, Living Seas should not be Nemo. If the IP is in there as a learning tool, fine. A show within the pavilion, great. But the pavilion should simply be what was intended: a very impressive aquarium with science and nature being the focus, not characters shoehorned in on top. Ok, I'm done. :)
This is when we need that LOVE button! Well said!!!!(and this is coming from a Nemo,the movie, fan). I hate what that once glorious pavilion has become!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is when we need that LOVE button! Well said!!!!(and this is coming from a Nemo,the movie, fan). I hate what that once glorious pavilion has become!
Sadly it was either the cheap makeover or shutter the pavilion.

I'd like to think the retheme could be a placeholder until a more fitting and substantial makeover is possible.

And now I'll go back to being a realist.

ToTBellHop

DCA has a monorail stop at the Grand Californian...so, no need for it to push further into the park. Especially in a park that small.

It's often faster to walk somewhere at Disneyland than take the Monorail. Same at the other parks you mentioned, for the most part.

WDW is a unique beast in this respect.
It does? I could have sworn the DL monorail only had stops in Tomorrowland and over by the Disneyland Hotel.

Disneyhead'71

I've said before, but a much more reasonable concept -- not that I'm predicting it in any way -- would be an in park ride connecting two different Star Wars areas in a similar fashion as the HE. Put two lands in different corners of the park (current ST area and then behind RNR, I guess) and have a ride that goes around the perimeter of the park.

I'd view that as conceivable, but unlikely.
I think an even better one would be to have Star tours be the transition. Have the entrance in Mos Eisley on Tatooine and the exit be on the moon of Endor. AND vice versa. Have half the cabins play a show that goes one way and the other half play the return trip.

ToTBellHop

Is the connection between Epcot and DHS really a problem? In my mind, it is probably the easiest park-park to make because you already have a route from both the front and back of Epcot. Why ruin the Crescent Lake area with ugly transportation infrastructure to solve a nonexistent problem?

mahnamahna101

I have no indication whatsoever of the Muppets being either in or out of last week's Board Meeting presentation. Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel (DCA) yes. Nothing about the Muppets.
To be fair, Muppets plussing, Mermaid/B&TB replacements and a GMR revamp/upgrade isn't something that would necessarily be included in a big BoD presentation. Those are all things that can be approved from Burbank.

Muppets enhancements would be akin to the Hub alterations at MK - nothing extraordinarily fancy.

If they're actually going to do placemaking beyond Star Wars/Pixar, they'd be foolish not to include some of that in the budget. All three of those things would cost far less than Pixar or Star Wars and vastly improve the park's offerings. While still leaving plenty of cash for Star Wars/Pixar. If DHS has two phenomenal areas to back up Sunset, with the other areas (Muppets, GMR, Animation Courtyard) looking tired... it just means they'll have to invest even more later on.

doctornick

I'm not sure entirely what your idea is, but in order to connect parks or lands, you have to have a compelling story idea that has a darn good reason to do so. In this case, I'm sorry to say there isn't one. The company looks at the parks as separate entities (business units). Epcot's reason for being, so to speak, is entirely different than Studios. Plus the logistics have to make sense as well, and in this case they don't. There's already a transportation system in place that guests utilize to get from park to park. There's no compelling reason to do a specialized connector above and beyond what's already in place. Universal had specific reasons to do what they did, and it has ended up increasing the attendance in their parks, as well as driving 2 park ticket sales, even for guests only taking one day of their vacation.

Although an interesting idea, it's not in the cards.

In terms of a compelling rationale, I think a great (albeit, impractical) one would be if they would build an Australia pavilion at World Showcase which is very cosmopolitan in theme (Sydney Opera House and the like) and have a train ride that take you to Outback wilderness -- a new "Australia" land in DAK themed to the wild, with animals and such. That would be a sensible use of inter-park transportation.

HauntedMansionFLA

I think an even better one would be to have Star tours be the transition. Have the entrance in Mos Eisley on Tatooine and the exit be on the moon of Endor. AND vice versa. Have half the cabins play a show that goes one way and the other half play the return trip.
Is the connection between Epcot and DHS really a problem? In my mind, it is probably the easiest park-park to make because you already have a route from both the front and back of Epcot. Why ruin the Crescent Lake area with ugly transportation infrastructure to solve a nonexistent problem?
You have three options - boat, bus or walk. Not to bad. It could be worse.

Mike S

I recall the venom around Nintendo ever going in Kidzone a few years back at Orlando United from their insiders. @Lee thought Frozen in TDS was a terrible idea about a year ago. Things that were largely true at the time do change.

As of today though, I don't see any sort of ride connector occurring at WDW. It does not mean it isn't a possibility to ever happen, but there is no indication it is happening now. Nor would there be a logical reason when DHS and Epcot have transport options and AK largely languishes with buses.

Disneyland could have built a monorail stop in DCA and chose not to, Tokyo actively discourages park-hopping by disallowing it on the first two days of tickets, Euro Disney continues to have very little money. Maybe Hong Kong...
Not sure what the second and third parts of your post has to do with mine.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom