Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

lazyboy97o

Who says they are not?

I mean, it's just a game of simcity to me, I like reworking things. I'm not alone.

But, I don't see that as any reason why Imagineers are "banned" from outside sources. And, as noted, even if the same outside sources came up with something, whose to say the Imagineers didn't on their own. Most of this is conjecture and for fun, something they do all the time.

I don't think WDI is lacking imagination, I think they are lacking political force internally.
Legal issues of ownership. Looking at other people's ideas could be considered theft of intellectual property.

HauntedMansionFLA

@PhotoDave219

Now that you are all boozed up, let me be free to ask you something seriously.

Before I do, please note these case in points:

(1) It's been confirmed that Disney execs were spotted at USO inspecting Hoggsworts.

(2) The original DLR Star Wars plans had an attraction that would have used the old People Mover track.

(3) Found money with the DHS redo expanded budget.

(4) RCID likely to build parking structures and new entrance at DHS.

(5) It has been confirmed that EPCOT will also get some love with the up-coming expenditures.

THEREFORE, is it not entirely possible that some of this work could in fact include a Hoggsworts-style themed connecting attraction to EPCOT?

The new parking structures, if placed close to Buena Vista Boulevard, could be linked to the system.

At least tell me this was/is an option under consideration...
Can anyone else confirm that Disney execs were at PotterLand?

PhotoDave219

I'm pretty sure that there has been multiple accounts of high level execs (not necessarily BoD) and Imagineer's strolling through Wizarding World.

That happens all the time. High-level universal creative people toward the new fantasyland area before it was open to the public…

It's absolutely commonplace and nobody should read anything into it one way or the other.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I believe it was fairly common knowledge Walt was not that strong on the business side of things. That was Roy's arena.

And that's why P&R only works well when you have a senior management team with strong creative AND strong business skills, Historically P&R has struggled when only one side is represented. The post Frank Wells Eisner days as an example and the Iger interregnum as another.

HauntedMansionFLA

I guess another question is whether this is just going to be Star Wars and Pixar. Some have suggested that there might be some new stuff based on WDAS -- could stuff based on Wreck It Ralph or Big Hero 6 or older films (esp ones that don't fit well thematically into Fantasyland) appear? New theater shows replacing LM or BatB? An Indiana Jones ride or Guardians of the Galaxy ride?

Not that I think anyone knows (or knows but can publicly reveal it), just that it part of the mystery of what might come. I could see them doing less Pixar expansion if they plan to do "other" things. But if it's just Pixar and SW, they IMHO need more than TSPL and a Cars ride to fill out the park -- DHS needs C-ticket type rides to fill the day and give options for guests (and for FP+, quite frankly).

Also, I wonder what kinds of entertainment might be in the future? Regular fireworks? A new parade?
Videos of the Frozen and Star Wars fireworks look impressive.

HauntedMansionFLA

I've said before, but a much more reasonable concept -- not that I'm predicting it in any way -- would be an in park ride connecting two different Star Wars areas in a similar fashion as the HE. Put two lands in different corners of the park (current ST area and then behind RNR, I guess) and have a ride that goes around the perimeter of the park.

I'd view that as conceivable, but unlikely.
A peoplemover system like the one at the MK would be a fun way to go to one land to another. Plus it would count as another ride. I always ride the peoplemover over at the MK. Very relaxing.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I know that the Disney Execs have been to Potter several times, but I haven't heard of anything recently except for a fake photoshopped pic of Staggs there last week.
My insiders sent me this photo from the other day. Iger was at Universal with his new Lead Designer, Carrot Top. They also revealed a sneak peak of WDI's latest creation. Disneys new Value Engineered Storm Trooper!

IGSDA.jpg

PhotoDave219

A peoplemover system like the one at the MK would be a fun way to go to one land to another. Plus it would count as another ride. I always ride the peoplemover over at the MK. Very relaxing.

Yes and the amount of money that would cost, including disturbing wetlands, outweighs any benefits.

DHS & Epcot are connected by boat. Improving the boat service is the most practical idea.

Cesar R M

Heck, I wish they would come up with a second mode of transportation to AK from AKL since it's a deluxe resort. Good job using the Jedi mind trick to get Avatar To be announced
solution: connect AKL and AK from the back thru the jungle via buses (similar to those used in the Kilimanjaro Safaris)

The Hogwarts Express was a way to ensure guests bought the 2-park ticket. But with Disney, that's not really an issue considering most already buy park hoppers.

And also the Hogwarts Express makes sense, since you're connecting two worlds of Harry Potter that are actually connected in the books/films by that mode of transportation. I can't come up with something that would make sense traveling from a Futuristic or World's Fair setting to a film/Hollywood park.
Please dont give them ideas, they might give us OLAF shaped monorails for a nominal fee and some surge pricing.

Cesar R M

Who says they are not?

I mean, it's just a game of simcity to me, I like reworking things. I'm not alone.

But, I don't see that as any reason why Imagineers are "banned" from outside sources. And, as noted, even if the same outside sources came up with something, whose to say the Imagineers didn't on their own. Most of this is conjecture and for fun, something they do all the time.

I don't think WDI is lacking imagination, I think they are lacking political force internally.
or banned from thinking too big..
for costs reasons.

You guys are beginning to give armchair imagineering a bad name.
well, excuuuuuuseee meee princeeeesss! :hilarious:

Cesar R M

fingerd crossed for an Incredible E but im not getting my hopes up!
or the monsters inc door coaster.

My insiders sent me this photo from the other day. Iger was at Universal with his new Lead Designer, Carrot Top. They also revealed a sneak peak of WDI's latest creation. Disneys new Value Engineered Storm Trooper!

View attachment 98770
this is fake!

Carrot head is all roided up now.

Goofyernmost

So just a quick note here… This was passed on by a friend… D23 May or may not cover what was decided this week.

There's a lot still up in the air so I would not be surprised either way here.
With all due respect Dave, never has a more absolutely, unequivocally, positively, unshakeable post ever been made. It will be hard to be wrong and then you can say that You said it first. Heck, I don't have any friends on the inside and I could have made that prediction. ;):):joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom