Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Progress.City

That's just not true...we've taken it many times. My grandparents don't like to walk from Epcot to DHS after dinner in WS, so they take the Friendship boats from the International Gateway station while we walk.
You're right about that, but it is for resort guests and stops at the resorts. It's not a fast and direct link.

Progress.City

If the Imagineers didn't even consider such a thing, then they aren't doing their jobs. ALSO, Jack Dorsey, I suspect, being a big fan of trains and maps, might have said something during a board meeting or to another board member.

Mike S

Ok.

Lets explain the difference between "Leak" and "Supposition".

I did a project last summer for the Imagineering Section and we thought it would be a great idea to add a Scandinavian Land to Tokyo DisneySEA, with Frozen included.

Here we are a year later, and look what has been announced! Using the exact location we proposed back then!

That was a logical "supposition" we made.

Now, had someone from the "inside" who works for Disney (and not as a Bus driver, but in the offices where designs and decisions are made, or at least in a division that is kept privy to them) had said "Hey, just keep an eye out for this plot to get Frozen." THAT is a leak.

The vast majority of what we have going on here (and the MAJORITY of what you post) are merely "educated guesses" at best. This isn't about preventing "leaks"...
Believe it or not, but I actually thought of AK and Avatar before it was announced as well............

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Believe it or not, but I actually thought of AK and Avatar before it was announced as well............
LEAK CONTROL!

Clean_CDA.jpg

Progress.City

I believe you. I think Imagineers are fans themselves and that's why they think of these things too. It's only logical that they also would think of this. Whether the company funds it or not is a different story.

spacemt354

Chili's
You're right about that, but it is for resort guests and stops at the resorts. It's not a fast and direct link.
If you keep up a decent pace, the fastest and most direct way is just walking.

There's a shortcut through the Boardwalk Villas where you pass their pool and end up on the DHS walkway. That way you don't have to wind around past Swan/Dolphin. I think the last time it took us 15 mins.

Mike S

I believe you. I think Imagineers are fans themselves and that's why they think of these things too. It's only logical that they also would think of this. Whether the company funds it or not is a different story.
Except that it has been said that the imagineers were just as surprised with the announcement. That's why it's taking so long for it to open since the announcement. Work hadn't started at all at the time.

Progress.City

If you keep up a decent pace, the fastest and most direct way is just walking.

There's a shortcut through the Boardwalk Villas where you pass their pool and end up on the DHS walkway. That way you don't have to wind around past Swan/Dolphin. I think the last time it took us 15 mins.
But this is not about transportation. It's about dispersing crowds and convincing people to buy park hopper tickets. The crowds at DHS will be huge after these projects are built. But wait! EPCOT can absorb them EASILY. So, you build a new attraction at EPCOT that DHS guests would like to see and "suck" them into that attraction via a Hoggsworth-like system.

articos

The distance between the two parks is less than a mile (3/4 mile), if you build a parking structure at DHS and use a new entrance. It is the same distance of the Hogsworts track. The starting point at EPCOT would be where Imagination is, which is, coincidentally, the attraction that needs the most love at EPCOT. This also could be what Jerry Reece is working on.
I'm not sure entirely what your idea is, but in order to connect parks or lands, you have to have a compelling story idea that has a darn good reason to do so. In this case, I'm sorry to say there isn't one. The company looks at the parks as separate entities (business units). Epcot's reason for being, so to speak, is entirely different than Studios. Plus the logistics have to make sense as well, and in this case they don't. There's already a transportation system in place that guests utilize to get from park to park. There's no compelling reason to do a specialized connector above and beyond what's already in place. Universal had specific reasons to do what they did, and it has ended up increasing the attendance in their parks, as well as driving 2 park ticket sales, even for guests only taking one day of their vacation.

Although an interesting idea, it's not in the cards.

spacemt354

Chili's
But this is not about transportation. It's about dispersing crowds and convincing people to buy park hopper tickets. The crowds at DHS will be huge after these projects are built. But wait! EPCOT can absorb them EASILY. So, you build a new attraction at EPCOT that DHS guests would like to see and "suck" them into that attraction via a Hoggsworth-like system.
The Hogwarts Express was a way to ensure guests bought the 2-park ticket. But with Disney, that's not really an issue considering most already buy park hoppers.

And also the Hogwarts Express makes sense, since you're connecting two worlds of Harry Potter that are actually connected in the books/films by that mode of transportation. I can't come up with something that would make sense traveling from a Futuristic or World's Fair setting to a film/Hollywood park.

Progress.City

I'm not sure entirely what your idea is, but in order to connect parks or lands, you have to have a compelling story idea that has a darn good reason to do so. In this case, I'm sorry to say there isn't one. The company looks at the parks as separate entities (business units). Epcot's reason for being, so to speak, is entirely different than Studios. Plus the logistics have to make sense as well, and in this case they don't. There's already a transportation system in place that guests utilize to get from park to park. There's no compelling reason to do a specialized connector above and beyond what's already in place. Universal had specific reasons to do what they did, and it has ended up increasing the attendance in their parks, as well as driving 2 park ticket sales, even for guests only taking one day of their vacation.

Although an interesting idea, it's not in the cards.
Perfectly said. Thank you.

Progress.City

That's not to say there won't be additional transportation options in the future, but as of right now, that would only be an expansion of existing transportation.
Also, let's set the record straight for everyone here. There are people here who think I made up the monorail footer thing and started that whole debate. Fact is, I think it was you who first mentioned it on this site and started that whole debate. All I did was say that I believed you were right about it and kept it on the consciousness of members here.

Progress.City

Anytime. I think in a Disneyland Paris/Walt Disney Studios Paris or a Tokyo Disneyland/TDSea situation where you can build a land in both and they are next door to each other, it makes more sense, like what Universal did. But for just an attraction or a pavilion, which is what Epcot is, it doesn't work.
Unless they find a way to make it work, such as making a related theme for Imagination, or a country that can tie into a Pixar property, etc.

articos

Also, let's set the record straight for everyone here. There are people here who think I made up the monorail footer thing and started that whole debate. Fact is, I think it was you who first mentioned it on this site and started that whole debate. All I did was say that I believed you were right about it and kept it on the consciousness of members here.
I recall responding to someone asking about markings in the back of Epcot and asking about the monorail footers. I don't recall the exact posts though. I have been told by people on-site during Epcot's construction there were a few concrete pads put in during the grading while Epcot was being built for the potential of expanding the beamway later. Everyone is always hunting to find them on Google Earth or the like. I don't know if they are visible or if they've been paved over or are underground at this point, and I keep forgetting to look.

Zweiland

I remember on a different website, I went on their discussion group a few years ago and made the bold statement that there will be new Star Wars sequels. I was shot down fiercely by some supposed ILM insiders. I shot back with a list of "case in points" like I just did here only to be ripped a new ***hole. I was gang ridiculed so bad that I never showed my face back to that site and never posted a new message again. We all know how dead on right I was when Disney and Lucas made the announcement several months later.

My point in telling this story is that people who are sworn to secrecy and who are loyal to the companies they work for will troll hard to prevent leaks from getting out - even if it means outright public humiliation of those who even come close to even a hint of such a leak.

I don't know if it is happening here, but I suspect it is. I'm not saying you are one of them, but you have made direct contact with one probably and that person surely is a doing a good job gate keeping. It's like a firewall and it's effective.
You don't possess any more powers of clairvoyance than the rest of us. Great, you made a wild guess and got something right before, but that doesn't increase the probability that it will happen again.

articos

Unless they find a way to make it work, such as making a related theme for Imagination, or a country that can tie into a Pixar property, etc.
We don't ever want to "make it work". It needs to work on its own. Beyond that, one pavilion isn't enough to make an investment of this size to do something like what you're suggesting. As well as it's not right for Epcot. Example: putting Remy in France. That's not enough to create an entire new infrastructure for transportation to go from a potential Pixar land in Studios to France, when you have an existing boat transportation already. Imagination is only one pavilion. Doesn't make sense there either. If there's going to be a connection above and beyond what's already in place, it's going to be a full scale transportation option that connects multiple areas, i.e., Studios, Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach into Epcot, and it's going to strictly be transportation.

Ok, I don't want to hijack...so let's get back to topic...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom