Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Progress.City

Food for thought...

Avatar opens and it's a complete immersive experience. Star Wars opens and it is not the immersive experience Avatar is. AK's attendence is off the charts and there is a big capacity problem as a result. Star Wars Land attendence is okay and just at capacity, but under-performing, when compared to Avatar. The BoD asks Cameron to take over P&R to fix the problem.

PhotoDave219

Food for thought...

Avatar opens and it's a complete immersive experience. Star Wars opens and it is not the immersive experience Avatar is. AK's attendence is off the charts and there is a big capacity problem as a result. Star Wars Land attendence is okay and just at capacity, but under-performing, when compared to Avatar. The BoD asks Cameron to take over P&R to fix the problem.
Perhaps its the Bacardi speaking but.... What?

RSoxNo1

DHS question?

How many rides will be coming to this Pixar part of the expansion? Or does anyone have an inside track? @PhotoDave219 It has to be high quality attractions (rides, meet and greets and places to eat) and make people want to spend hours to fully take in all of what it has to offer. The same goes for Star Wars land and so on.
@PhotoDave219 should they move the speedway over from the MK. They have to have kid friendly rides and I always see kids smiling when they are driving their cars.
It's not unreasonable to expect 10-12 total rides (including the current 5) in DHS after Star Wars opens. Just speculating three for toy story play land, 2 more for Star Wars, and 1 or 2 additional for Pixar or Star Wars.

HauntedMansionFLA

Im not quite ready to start making predictions like that. I would hope for more in Star Wars tho. Such is the fanboy in me.
Well, there will probably be meet and greets. Also, I'm hoping for a lot of interactive things a SW fand can do in the themed land. Indoor jedi with Yoda ( like crush) and want some of the sith side to be in there too.

PhotoDave219

Well, there will probably be meet and greets. Also, I'm hoping for a lot of interactive things a SW fand can do in the themed land. Indoor jedi with Yoda ( like crush) and want some of the sith side to be in there too.

Two things are certain at this point:

1) the more we get our hopes up and speculate, the more our hopes will be dashed and we will feel awful. Its not rollercoaster tycoon, sadly.

2) Boy bands are awful.

HauntedMansionFLA

Two things are certain at this point:

1) the more we get our hopes up and speculate, the more our hopes will be dashed and we will feel awful. Its not rollercoaster tycoon, sadly.

2) Boy bands are awful.
I totally see your point. I will be thankful for a Star Wars land. I just hope someone doesn't leak the best Star Wars layout that was brought before the board and was shot down. And we got plan B or C.

PhotoDave219

I totally see your point. I will be thankful for a Star Wars land. I just hope someone doesn't leak the best Star Wars layout that was brought before the board and was shot down. And we got plan B or C.

Remember, the first plan was shot down last year for not being ambitious enough.

If that's not enough to give a person some faint hope that the Board might have its spit together, I dont know what is.

doctornick

Im not quite ready to start making predictions like that. I would hope for more in Star Wars tho. Such is the fanboy in me.

I'm expecting more quality over quality for Star Wars. 2 maybe 3 rides (in addition to Star Tours).* The bulk of the additional ride capacity will be from Pixar, which should be quite a bit. Even if it is flat ride heavy, I don't see why they wouldn't add 5-7 Pixar rides given the wide variety of movies available.

*Don't get me wrong. I think they will do a lot with Star Wars. An indoor Jedi Training show, some use the Force interactive (a la the wands for Potter), streetmosphere like droids around, maybe even walk throughs and certainly M&Gs. I just kinda think they'll be ambitious with one large scale E-ticket and then have another 1-2 rides to round things out.

PhotoDave219

I'm expecting more quality over quality for Star Wars. 2 maybe 3 rides (in addition to Star Tours).* The bulk of the additional ride capacity will be from Pixar, which should be quite a bit. Even if it is flat ride heavy, I don't see why they wouldn't add 5-7 Pixar rides given the wide variety of movies available.

*Don't get me wrong. I think they will do a lot with Star Wars. An indoor Jedi Training show, some use the Force interactive (a la the wands for Potter), streetmosphere like droids around, maybe even walk throughs and certainly M&Gs. I just kinda think they'll be ambitious with one large scale E-ticket and then have another 1-2 rides to round things out.
do u guys know what is proposed for SW?

Not yet.

I am simply trying to manage exceptions (especially my own). I'm hoping for things similar to what Nick wants... but time will tell.

I think its important for us to try and temper our expectations.... lest we end up disappointed. I mean, some of us have waited 32 years for a sequel to ROTJ, and we've waited 38 years for a theme park version of Star Wars.... Waiting a little longer wont kill me.

gonnichi

My opinion is that you are right and have good ideas for what Star Wars land may be like. My only problem is that in the past it seems TDO liked to get rid of rides not add more. TDO doesn't want to build a lot of new rides that cost a lot of money and that have yearly upkeep costs? They seem to want cheap experiences instead? Meet and greets, character dining, walk thru Capt Jack Sparrow? I need to see a lot of new rides with this expansion and not experiences. It sounds like hopefully this may happen. I need Star Wars rides! I need DHS to have as many or more rides then DCA has. This is just my opinion and maybe others just want meet and greets and experiences.

doctornick

I guess another question is whether this is just going to be Star Wars and Pixar. Some have suggested that there might be some new stuff based on WDAS -- could stuff based on Wreck It Ralph or Big Hero 6 or older films (esp ones that don't fit well thematically into Fantasyland) appear? New theater shows replacing LM or BatB? An Indiana Jones ride or Guardians of the Galaxy ride?

Not that I think anyone knows (or knows but can publicly reveal it), just that it part of the mystery of what might come. I could see them doing less Pixar expansion if they plan to do "other" things. But if it's just Pixar and SW, they IMHO need more than TSPL and a Cars ride to fill out the park -- DHS needs C-ticket type rides to fill the day and give options for guests (and for FP+, quite frankly).

Also, I wonder what kinds of entertainment might be in the future? Regular fireworks? A new parade?

doctornick

I need DHS to have as many or more rides then DCA has. This is just my opinion and maybe others just want meet and greets and experiences.

Well, that's definitely not going to happen, so don't get your hopes up. That said, DCA is very flat ride heavy in its ride count. I'd be perfectly fine with DHS having fewer rides than DCA as long as the quality if high of what is there.

HauntedMansionFLA

My opinion is that you are right and have good ideas for what Star Wars land may be like. My only problem is that in the past it seems TDO liked to get rid of rides not add more. TDO doesn't want to build a lot of new rides that cost a lot of money and that have yearly upkeep costs? They seem to want cheap experiences instead? Meet and greets, character dining, walk thru Capt Jack Sparrow? I need to see a lot of new rides with this expansion and not experiences. It sounds like hopefully this may happen. I need Star Wars rides! I need DHS to have as many or more rides then DCA has. This is just my opinion and maybe others just want meet and greets and experiences.
Yes, I want some top notch rides in the land. One I'd like to see would be a version of Splash Mountain or pirates passing through the different SW lands - E - ride

Progress.City

@PhotoDave219

Now that you are all boozed up, let me be free to ask you something seriously.

Before I do, please note these case in points:

(1) It's been confirmed that Disney execs were spotted at USO inspecting Hoggsworts.

(2) The original DLR Star Wars plans had an attraction that would have used the old People Mover track.

(3) Found money with the DHS redo expanded budget.

(4) RCID likely to build parking structures and new entrance at DHS.

(5) It has been confirmed that EPCOT will also get some love with the up-coming expenditures.

THEREFORE, is it not entirely possible that some of this work could in fact include a Hoggsworts-style themed connecting attraction to EPCOT?

The new parking structures, if placed close to Buena Vista Boulevard, could be linked to the system.

At least tell me this was/is an option under consideration...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom