Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

PhotoDave219

@PhotoDave219

Now that you are all boozed up, let me be free to ask you something seriously.

Before I do, please note these case in points:

(1) It's been confirmed that Disney execs were spotted at USO inspecting Hoggsworts.

(2) The original DLR Star Wars plans had an attraction that would have used the old People Mover track.

(3) Found money with the DHS redo expanded budget.

(4) RCID likely to build parking structures and new entrance at DHS.

(5) It has been confirmed that EPCOT will also get some love with the up-coming expenditures.

THEREFORE, is it not entirely possible that some of this work could in fact include a Hoggsworts-style themed connecting attraction to EPCOT?

The new parking structures, if placed close to Buena Vista Boulevard, could be linked to the system.

At least tell me this was/is an option under consideration...

1 - Ask @Disneyhead'71 about Universal. he knows people there, I dont.

2 - This aint like dusting crops.

3 - When a Company is at $115 a share, you're not finding money. This isn't your couch cushions, its a Scrooge McDuckian vault.

4 - Dear god they do. Most of the guests enter off BVD as opposed to World Drive. Shows how the guest stay dynamic has changed from when most guests stayed off property and on 192 vs what it is today. Plus exiting is a damn nightmare anymore. Realigning the entrance and expanding the lot makes perfect sense to anyone who has ever suffered trying to enter/exit DHS.

5 - Uhhhhhh the entire breakdowns havent been confirmed. @WDW1974 said that MK & EP would get a small amount of the pie, nothing more. Wouldnt read anything into that. For all we know, its covering the Frozenstrome costs.

An attraction connecting Epcot and DHS ala Hogwarts express? Ive never heard that speculated, never heard that rumored, and is so outlandish that even Bacardi 151 says there's no damn way. So before this becomes a thing, I'm gonna shoot it down.

Hell no.

From a practical aspect, you're looking at connecting over a mile's worth of land that doesn't naturally connect. Better off looking for footers that don't exist....

spacemt354

Chili's
THEREFORE, is it not entirely possible that some of this work could in fact include a Hoggsworts-style themed connecting attraction to EPCOT?

The new parking structures, if placed close to Buena Vista Boulevard, could be linked to the system.

At least tell me this was/is an option under consideration...

They already have the Friendship boats that connect both parks via water taxi. I can't imagine them making more connections.

Unless of course they cut out the black portions of Swan/Dolphin and have the monorail go through them like it was originally intended;)

doctornick

An attraction connecting Epcot and DHS ala Hogwarts express? Ive never heard that speculated, never heard that rumored, and is so outlandish that even Bacardi 151 says there's no damn way. So before this becomes a thing, I'm gonna shoot it down.

I've said before, but a much more reasonable concept -- not that I'm predicting it in any way -- would be an in park ride connecting two different Star Wars areas in a similar fashion as the HE. Put two lands in different corners of the park (current ST area and then behind RNR, I guess) and have a ride that goes around the perimeter of the park.

I'd view that as conceivable, but unlikely.

Progress.City

3 - When a Company is at $115 a share, you're not finding money. This isn't your couch cushions, its a Scrooge McDuckian vault.

4 - Dear god they do. Most of the guests enter off BVD as opposed to World Drive. Shows how the guest stay dynamic has changed from when most guests stayed off property and on 192 vs what it is today. Plus exiting is a damn nightmare anymore. Realigning the entrance and expanding the lot makes perfect sense to anyone who has ever suffered trying to enter/exit DHS.

5 - Uhhhhhh the entire breakdowns havent been confirmed. @WDW1974 said that MK & EP would get a small amount of the pie, nothing more. Wouldnt read anything into that. For all we know, its covering the Frozenstrome costs.

Hell no.

From a practical aspect, you're looking at connecting over a mile's worth of land that doesn't naturally connect. Better off looking for footers that don't exist....
I remember on a different website, I went on their discussion group a few years ago and made the bold statement that there will be new Star Wars sequels. I was shot down fiercely by some supposed ILM insiders. I shot back with a list of "case in points" like I just did here only to be ripped a new ***hole. I was gang ridiculed so bad that I never showed my face back to that site and never posted a new message again. We all know how dead on right I was when Disney and Lucas made the announcement several months later.

My point in telling this story is that people who are sworn to secrecy and who are loyal to the companies they work for will troll hard to prevent leaks from getting out - even if it means outright public humiliation of those who even come close to even a hint of such a leak.

I don't know if it is happening here, but I suspect it is. I'm not saying you are one of them, but you have made direct contact with one probably and that person surely is a doing a good job gate keeping. It's like a firewall and it's effective.

Progress.City

They already have the Friendship boats that connect both parks via water taxi. I can't imagine them making more connections.

Unless of course they cut out the black portions of Swan/Dolphin and have the monorail go through them like it was originally intended;)
I don't know anyone but us hard core Disney fans that even use it or know about it. And it doesn't connect the parks. It connects the EPCOT hotels with the parks.

Progress.City

Hell no.

The distance between the two parks is less than a mile (3/4 mile), if you build a parking structure at DHS and use a new entrance. It is the same distance of the Hogsworts track. The starting point at EPCOT would be where Imagination is, which is, coincidentally, the attraction that needs the most love at EPCOT. This also could be what Jerry Reece is working on.

Tom

Beta Return
looking for footers that don't exist....

:cautious: :hilarious:

I remember on a different website, I went on their discussion group a few years ago and made the bold statement that there will be new Star Wars sequels. I was shot down fiercely by some supposed ILM insiders. I shot back with a list of "case in points" like I just did here only to be ripped a new ***hole. I was gang ridiculed so bad that I never showed my face back to that site and never posted a new message again. We all know how dead on right I was when Disney and Lucas made the announcement several months later.

My point in telling this story is that people who are sworn to secrecy and who are loyal to the companies they work for will troll hard to prevent leaks from getting out - even if it means outright public humiliation of those who even come close to even a hint of such a leak.

I don't know if it is happening here, but I suspect it is. I'm not saying you are one of them, but you have made direct contact with one probably and that person surely is a doing a good job gate keeping. It's like a firewall and it's effective.

Pete....there is no conspiracy. Nowhere has there been any indication that they would (or even want to) link DHS and EC. They're not going to build a train or monorail between the parks. They're going to improve the parking situation, and continue to improve upon the bus solution of guest transportation.

Progress.City

:cautious: :hilarious:

Pete....there is no conspiracy. Nowhere has there been any indication that they would (or even want to) link DHS and EC. They're not going to build a train or monorail between the parks. They're going to improve the parking situation, and continue to improve upon the bus solution of guest transportation.
Both of us know the same thing - NOTHING. So, don't pretend you know what they plan or have considered to do. All I'm saying is that there is nothing saying that this will not happen. I am finding circumstantial evidence that it could (not will) happen. That's all.

Tom

Beta Return
I don't know anyone but us hard core Disney fans that even use it or know about it. And it doesn't connect the parks. It connects the EPCOT hotels with the parks.

Everyone staying at an Epcot resort knows about the boat transportation between DHS, EC and those resorts. Just like everyone staying at GF, Contmep and Poly know they have boat and monorail service. It's no secret, and it's heavily used.

Progress.City

Everyone staying at an Epcot resort knows about the boat transportation between DHS, EC and those resorts. Just like everyone staying at GF, Contmep and Poly know they have boat and monorail service. It's no secret, and it's heavily used.
I meant non-resort guests.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Ok.

Lets explain the difference between "Leak" and "Supposition".

I did a project last summer for the Imagineering Section and we thought it would be a great idea to add a Scandinavian Land to Tokyo DisneySEA, with Frozen included.

Here we are a year later, and look what has been announced! Using the exact location we proposed back then!

That was a logical "supposition" we made.

Now, had someone from the "inside" who works for Disney (and not as a Bus driver, but in the offices where designs and decisions are made, or at least in a division that is kept privy to them) had said "Hey, just keep an eye out for this plot to get Frozen." THAT is a leak.

The vast majority of what we have going on here (and the MAJORITY of what you post) are merely "educated guesses" at best. This isn't about preventing "leaks"...

Progress.City

Ok.

Lets explain the difference between "Leak" and "Supposition".

I did a project last summer for the Imagineering Section and we though it would be a great idea to add a Scandinavian Land to Tokyo DisneySEA, with Frozen included.

Here we are a year later, and look what has been announced! Using the exact location we proposed back then!

That was a logical "supposition" we made.

Now, had someone from the "inside" who works for Disney (and not as a Bus driver, but in the offices where designs and decisions are made, or at least in a division that is kept privy to them) had said "Hey, just keep an eye out for this plot to get Frozen." THAT is a leak.

The vast majority of what we have going on here (and the MAJORITY of what you post) are merely "educated guesses" at best. This isn't about preventing "leaks"...
I never inferred that any of my educated guesses were leaks. I never said on that Skywalker Sound BBS that Star Wars sequels were leaked, but I gave them my educated guess at the time based on a whole list of circumstantial evidence, like I just did here. I was attacked, nonetheless. I wa called stupid, blind, illogical, a troll, a fan with an overactive imagination, delusional (my favorite), etc.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I never inferred that any of my educated guesses were leaks. I never said on that Skywalker Sound BBS that Star Wars sequels were leaked, but I gave them my educated guess at the time based on a whole list of circumstantial evidence, like I just did here. I was attacked, nonetheless. I wa called stupid, blind, illogical, a troll, a fan with an overactive imagination, delusional (my favorite), etc.
Yeah. You get that a lot. Poor fellow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom