Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Disneyhead'71

That's just a safety mechanism kicking in after so many years of disappointments.

Funny ... in from 1974 until Test Track (with the possible exception of recently departed Malestrom) Disney never added anything that I didn't enjoy or didn't flat out wow me. In the 21st century ... I don't know that WDW has come close to wowing me (maybe Everest at opening!)
For me, Disneyhead, my first visit to DCA 1.0 was like a kick in the nads. I thought Disney could do no wrong, and what I found at DCA was Disney was struggling to get ANYTHING right. Superstar Limo, Steps in Time, and Mulholland Madness literally caused me to mourn the Disney I used to know. When Soaring Over California and a giant white coaster themed to be a giant white coaster are the headliners and are the depth of your artistic competence in your new park, you have a problem.

WDWdream97

I have no idea. I've written about it many times.

Let' see if I can spend five minutes doing it again without the materials in front of me:

You had two lands (Toontown and Frontierland) removed. You had the following attractions:

Tomorrowland:
Autopia (added later);

Adventureland:
Haunted Mansion (DL's facade, slightly different and updated show);
c (coaster with sound indoors with CTX's dinos); ***was conceived as park's signature E-Ticket;
Boneyard (same as DAK, at exit of above);
Aladdin spinner;

Frontierland:
Lewis and Clark raft ride (taken entirely from Disney's America concept);
Tough To Be a Bug (yes, really ... Eisner loved it!);

Fantasyland:
Small World (added lateer);
Peter Pan's Flight;
Adventures of Little Mermaid (the DLP/Baxter concept);
Sleeping Beauty castle walk-thru (same as in Anaheim);

Toontown:
Barnstormer-like kiddie coaster;
Mickey's House;
Minnie's House;
Donald's Boat;
Toontown Trolley;

That is just off the top of my head but is likely 98% accurate. Naturally, you lost dining and retail venues as well.

Thank you Spirit. I wish they did build all that stuff (bar Tough to Be a Bug in Frontierland) for the opening day roaster. It always irks me that they thought opening up without a Frontierland would be ok. The fact that they built the 3 mini lands outside the tracks also bothers me, but I know that was not due to Disney.

Disneyhead'71

Looking at the numbers? MK is getting hammered, as usual. Pulling peak level crowds 49 times this year, 28% of the time. Has an above average crowd 52% of the time. Hasnt had a slow day (off-peak levels) since May 17th.
Orlando is having a really good year. Even SeaWorld's #s are up significantly. I believe Diagon Alley and 7DMT have had an amazing impact coming on the heels of the recession and the pent up demand for vacations it caused.

PhotoDave219

Orlando is having a really good year. Even SeaWorld's #s are up significantly. I believe Diagon Alley and 7DMT have had an amazing impact coming on the heels of the recession and the pent up demand for vacations it caused.

Numbers of Peak days are way up over this time last year. Up a bit over 2013. The people keep coming and coming....

Keeping up with Disney's attendance is enough for the moment. Someday I'll look at Universal.

MarkTwain

Thats what I wonder, I read here in this forum that it will be closing down (the boathouse supposedly taking its place as Seafood restaurant)
At least I remember reading that here in the forum.

I 100% remember reading that as well. It even specified that the replacement would be a Cajun/New Orleans cuisine restaurant, which I would always be a fan of. ;) (Good fit for a riverboat too)

EDIT: Apparently it was posted on another board by a travel agent:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-springs-tenant-watch.875587/page-27#post-6502756

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

I'm sure there will at least be an announcement about future exciting upcoming announcements.

That is exactly what I'm expecting… The more and more I hear of the inner workings of D 23, the less impressed I am.

I've had a bunch of friends deal with them and every single person has come back saying "I'm never dealing with them again"

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
That is exactly what I'm expecting… The more and more I hear of the inner workings of D 23, the less impressed I am.

I've had a bunch of friends deal with them and every single person has come back saying "I'm never dealing with them again"
The politics and infighting with D23 has been a problem the last couple of years..
*1023*

doctornick

Honestly, I don't really care when or what the announce, I care when they start building and get done. Pandora looks just fine even with a minimum of official details -- once things get moving, there will be some leaks from insiders. Projects are so big that so many people are involved that someone is bound to look details, NDAs or not.

Disneyhead'71

I 100% remember reading that as well. It even specified that the replacement would be a Cajun/New Orleans cuisine restaurant, which I would always be a fan of. ;) (Good fit for a riverboat too)

EDIT: Apparently it was posted on another board by a travel agent:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-springs-tenant-watch.875587/page-27#post-6502756
I heard the Brennan's was possibly taking over Fulton's

That would make me VERY happy.

http://www.brennansneworleans.com

http://www.rbjazzkitchen.com/_mobile/index.php

TeriofTerror

Honestly, I don't really care when or what the announce, I care when they start building and get done. Pandora looks just fine even with a minimum of official details -- once things get moving, there will be some leaks from insiders. Projects are so big that so many people are involved that someone is bound to look details, NDAs or not.
Well, except that Pandora is currently rumored to be running about eight months behind schedule. :/

asianway

Their events have steadily gotten worse over 6 years. Somehow we went from one of a kind Disney Event Group bashes to paper doll do it yourself at home parties

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Their events have steadily gotten worse over 6 years. Somehow we went from one of a kind Disney Event Group bashes to paper doll do it yourself at home parties

I recall having high hopes for Avatar announcements in 2013. They showed us.... a big shoe.

d23.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom