Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

JordanNite

Nothing other than meetings are over and nothing else has leaked out.

That's because there is nothing to leak. You seem to be in complete in denial about Bob Iger.

Would you wager there will be no billion dollar expansion of any park, as you believe. If you are the confident of an announcement appearing, how about you agree to never post on here again if no annoucement materialises in 6 months.

Want to take that offer up? Didn't think so.

gmajew

Premium Member
Yet iger and cfo have to talk down when investing spikes and have to talk It up when the spikes will be receding. They are constantly dancing about spikes being temporary etc.

Have you ever listened to other companies earning calls? They all do this for their major products. It is not a normal to do the dance on those calls when you are tackling new products new additions etc.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That's because there is nothing to leak. You seem to be in complete in denial about Bob Iger.

Would you wager there will be no billion dollar expansion of any park, as you believe. If you are the confident of an announcement appearing, how about you agree to never post on here again if no annoucement materialises in 6 months.

Well, here's at least 1 billion.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-disney-tax-break-20150626-story.html

gmajew

Premium Member
Private equity is just as bad. They're going to want to cash out at some point. Look at F1 these days

Private equity is how most restaurant company start. You have three levels usually in successful chain private equity money and plays. The start up the established and what we call rocket equity.

They each have their returns that they expect and when to get out. If you get money from private equity they are all about pushing for exit which usually is an IPO these days. Especially with the huge IPO of the last few chains this year.

Issue with private equity is just like public company they are always pushing for growth no matter what. Which can kill most brands of not done controlled

BrerJon

I suppose this thread is as good of a place as any to say this:

Thank you, and continued thanks in advance, to all that are bringing information about this new "golden age" of WDW to the forums. I really appreciate the information, history, and excitement that you bring into my life by sharing the stories of what's going on behind the scenes.

"Golden age" sounds a bit much. I'm really starting to worry now that speculation is building upon speculation and whatever is really on the cards can't hope to match it. My guess is whatever is announced will get a 'is that it?' reception, not because it will be tepid in itself, but just because everyone seems to be hyping it up so much that anything short of DisneySea or the park-that-shall-not-be-named levels of work will seem a disappointment in comparison.

I hope I'm wrong, and trying not to get excited so I'm not disappointed, but rewatching the old D23 NFL announcement videos, and looking at other old attraction concept art pieces and press releases and how they matched to the reality... I think we're a long way from the point where we can say 'they did it, they finally did it!'.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Private equity is how most restaurant company start. You have three levels usually in successful chain private equity money and plays. The start up the established and what we call rocket equity.

They each have their returns that they expect and when to get out. If you get money from private equity they are all about pushing for exit which usually is an IPO these days. Especially with the huge IPO of the last few chains this year.

Issue with private equity is just like public company they are always pushing for growth no matter what. Which can kill most brands of not done controlled
Bottom line and top line growth, in my experience...which can make it very difficult to walk that middle line. All depends on who is funding and their general philosophy, and certainly the less they understand your business, the worse it is...

I've sat through quite a few meetings after acquiring a competitor where a few months later we have investors asking "Why is the labor line so high? It wasn't like this last quarter." Well, duh. We added 8 new employees!

gmajew

Premium Member
Bottom line and top line growth, in my experience...which can make it very difficult to walk that middle line. All depends on who is funding and their general philosophy, and certainly the less they understand your business, the worse it is...

I've sat through quite a few meetings after acquiring a competitor where a few months later we have investors asking "Why is the labor line so high? It wasn't like this last quarter." Well, duh. We added 8 new employees!

Yup I have been a part of many restaurant private equity deals on both sides of the table and that is how it happens all the time.

ToTBellHop

Don't you have a half empty concert with drunk soccer moms that you need to get to?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Have you ever listened to other companies earning calls? They all do this for their major products. It is not a normal to do the dance on those calls when you are tackling new products new additions etc.

You know why everyone...including disney does it? Because you are wrong about everyone wanting to see those huge investments. The reason they have to talk those down and promise when it will go down is because those spikes in spending hurt margins... Margins the market expects companies to protect and improve. The spikes in spending drop margins and execs have to convince people the dip is not a trend and promise margins will get back to expected levels once this short term spend is past.... And keep promising when that increased spend will go back to expected levels. Surges in spending must be pleaded with the market to buy into its value and roi... Not just "hey guys we upped investing over 20% this quarter... Wheres the love for our investing...."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom