Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

articos

Went back just to make sure, but I'm almost certain it's the Empress Lilly. The Liberty Belle has a single, centered smokestack; the riverboat on the bag features two, as did the Empress before they were removed to become Fulton's. Also, you'll notice the large arching window overlooking the paddlewheel, a feature that remains on Fulton's to this day (although not as clearly as in vintage photos):

com03577.jpg
Right, it's Empress, signifying the Shopping Village.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That is why restaurant stocks that are huge capital expenditures are growing and going off with huge bangs. Only way to grow that segment is by putting out cash. No different then parks based on ROI. If the return is their Wall Street rewards.

You mean like Levy and Darden's whose stock is dropping like a falling safe...

Disneyhead'71

You can count me as one hoping Cars Land stays off the tables, I'm not a fan of homogenizing their different locations around the world.

There are going to be 2 E's out of this one way or another. Something for Star Wars, something for Pixar. I'm more hopeful that they have a good plan for more supporting-act attractions, that's what DHS lacks.
I'm thinking, by 2021, 3 E's (PIXAR, Star Wars, Marvel), 3 D's (BH6, Wreck It Ralph, Monster's Inc.), 4 C's (TSPL, Star Wars).

This is a my guess based on nothing but rumor and conjecture.

Wikkler

The short version?

It was a hard hit, no doubt. 2002 seems to be where most of the numbers bottom out, so I'll use that. Resort as a whole was off -13% from 2000. Epcot took the hardest hit, dropping 22%. DAK/DHS were around 10% drop and MK dropped 9%.

Everything has rebounded and grew and grew.... The resort as a whole is up 37% since 2002. MK/EP up 38% since then, DAK up 42%. Studios lagging at 29% growth since then.

Looking at 2005 and forward, (past 10 years) Everything is growing at about the same rate. Resort as a whole is up 24%, MK/DHS 23%, DAK up 31% and Epcot at 19%. Resort as a whole is up 20% since 2005. MK is up 20% with Studios. Epcot a tad behind at 16% and DAK growing nicely at 27% over the past 10 years.

In the near term, MK is growing at a rate double of all the other parks. Since 2011, MK is up 13% while the other 3 parks are hovering around 6%. Resort as a whole is up 8.5%

I'll dive more into this years numbers after the 4th of july.

(Sources = Amusement Business, TEA)

EDIT= Damn Spreadsheet.
I made this graph based on the data that I could scrounge from the Internet. (Sorry for the multiple style errors, and sorry it got cut off, and sorry it's distorted)
chart.png

As you can see, the trend of MK being way ahead in attendance started around '97, instead of Post-9/11. Animal Kingdom surpassed Hollywood Studios/MGM in 2011 and has been since.

JordanNite

This thread and replies feel as though belong in the fantasy world of 'It's a small world'.

Iger has not spent a money on the parks under his whole tenure, now we're all dreaming he's going to spend billions.

The world DENIAL springs to mind.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
This thread and replies feel as though belong in the fantasy world of 'It's a small world'.

Iger has not spent a money on the parks under his whole tenure, now we're all dreaming he's going to spend billions.

The world DENIAL springs to mind.
DCA
NFL
Shanghai

Do I need to keep listing?

Again, it's not fair to say Iger hasn't "spent money on the parks under his whole tenure".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom