Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

PhotoDave219

I would think they'd do a whole media campaign around something this big. And that would take time.

Of course they well. But that's not going to occur until construction is well underway
I doubt it. Five years in advance?

Exactly. I do not have a new timeline but I really think they're going to wait until it's much closer to opening before announcing it. At least until after the new film comes out, which is what I was told all along.

Hopefully something will leak out…

PhotoDave219

SYRIK2000

Of course they well. But that's not going to occur until construction is well underway

Exactly. I do not have a new timeline but I really think they're going to wait until it's much closer to opening before announcing it. At least until after the new film comes out, which is what I was told all along.

Agreed, but it would take time to put together a media campaign either way. It definitely wouldn't be started until at least next year some time. News-wise not Construction-Wise.

ToTBellHop

D23 2017 is more reasonable (or an independent press event altogether).

Cesar R M

Well yeah… We talked about that in the other thread in leasing th well yeah… We talked about that in another thread about that coming for the Halloween party. I specifically remember making at least three separate Bette Midler jokes.
will have to search for this "other thread". 'Cause I aint stalking you dave ;)

ToTBellHop

Now this is strictly my opinion and I have nothing to base this on… But I would Think that a Star Wars announcement would be big enough to have its own stage by itself.
I'm sure you are right. This project is purportedly enormous. D23 will likely just be used to show off concept art in 2017 and 2019 (and mostly concept art we will have already seen at that point with an Easter egg or two).

jrhwdw

IDK when we "should" get the DHS details. However I think there should be a report either from Disney or insiders when the hevy lifting Starts. Then we'll know DHS is on it's way. I mean there's no work other than that Theater between RNRC and TOT. Is that being worked on daily? Has it even started???

Electricsoup

Well I gotta think that Kathleen Kennedy would want this to be huge.
I think that this is the biggest thing for me to give me hope. She doesn't mess around with Star Wars, and cares so much for the IP. A big costume group I'm in works closely with LF and I have heard nothing but encouraging and positive things about her and her love for the enterprise.

She's going to want this done right, and done right is going to be immersive-level SW with multiple rides and entertainment options. Maybe this could be a SWW 2016 announcement?

PhotoDave219

I think that this is the biggest thing for me to give me hope. She doesn't mess around with Star Wars, and cares so much for the IP. A big costume group I'm in works closely with LF and I have heard nothing but encouraging and positive things about her and her love for the enterprise.

She's going to want this done right, and done right is going to be immersive-level SW with multiple rides and entertainment options. Maybe this could be a SWW 2016 announcement?

I would think Star Wars celebration Europe, but that's just speculation.

Electricsoup

I would think Star Wars celebration Europe, but that's just speculation.

It's certainly an option - I'd say it's got as much of a chance. Personally (for the zero it's worth), I think it would be nice to see the announcement in the park that it's impacting. They're close enough though that waiting for the big SW event of the year would make sense as well.

PhotoDave219

It's certainly an option - I'd say it's got as much of a chance. Personally (for the zero it's worth), I think it would be nice to see the announcement in the park that it's impacting. They're close enough though that waiting for the big SW event of the year would make sense as well.

Just reminds me of May the Fourth... And the I'll-fated announcement rumor that never happened

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom