Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Cesar R M

Apparently you have never been to a drive in movie with a carload of teens. Some even in the trunk which we forget to tell anyone about when paying.:in pain::joyfull:
aaah, nothing like these days when theme parks used to accept "Sardina Cars" (clown cars or canned car). Where they had fixed cost per car.. and kids could.. somehow.. squeeze 30+ kids in a single VW car.

PhotoDave219

If the Imagineers bothered to think it through, every E-ticket, even the thrill rides, could have 2,500-3,000/hr. Soarin' should have had 4 theaters from its opening day. TSMM should have been built with 4 tracks or higher-capacity vehicles from its opening day. RnRC should have been designed to fit 4 per row instead of 2. Same goes for SDMT. Test Track ought to have 4 rows of 4 like DINOSAUR. Peter Pan should have been reworked to fit 4 per boat a long time ago. So many missed opportunities to increase hourly capacity if they had just bothered to go that extra mile.

Star Tours and DINOSAUR are proof that TDO is capable of designed relatively high-capacity Es (Star Tours and DINOSAUR never go above 30-35 minutes even during the FP+ era from my experience... then again, I've never done Star Wars Weekends or Christmas time)

If every E-ticket had 2,500-3,000/hr, you could experience far more in a day and enjoy your visit leisurely. But when you've got 75+ minute waits for some of the big attractions during peak season, you either have to skip it or luck out with a FP+ reservation.

Two thoughts your reasoning here…

First? star Tours a simulator ride and not everybody enjoys those… Also it's over 20 years old. It really doesn't matter if they just redid the film and reprogram the simulator, it's still the same thing and it's still a simulator.

It can eat some people during high capacity times, no doubt.

As for dinosaur? I think a lot of people forget it's there. Fantastic attraction but it's not my prime goal for going to animal kingdom. When I go to animal kingdom, I want to see the animals.

Both of those attractions are ones that not everybody can ride because of motion sickness, neurological conditions and other things that just make people sick…

brb1006

@Jose just mentioned that Steve Davison is currently trying his best for a new electrical parade at the Magic Kingdom. It might possibly be for Walt Disney World.

Cesar R M

Just wanted to say something related to Star Wars.
I noticed that Box Office Mojo has a "untitled han solo anthology film" for 2018.
Is this another planned movie due of the hype?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Test Track should have been properly designed before getting the greenlight. 16 people per RV and the same amount of RVs on the track at any one time they have now. Would have been great for capacity.

No one would want to ride the short bus version of test track. Let's not play armchair quarterback when none of us have to balance the constraints they did.

The Empress Lilly

If test track had been designed to hold 16 guests per vehicle then they would in no way resemble actual cars. Which is kinda the whole point.
But then maybe they should've gone for an entirely different concept. An E-ticket needs to balance many requirements, and if you can not make it work, then you can't and you need to go two steps back and rework it all.

TT was the 90s equivalent of building a Frozen Land with one dark ride with 900 p/h capacity.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
As for dinosaur? I think a lot of people forget it's there. Fantastic attraction but it's not my prime goal for going to animal kingdom. When I go to animal kingdom, I want to see the animals.

Both of those attractions are ones that not everybody can ride because of motion sickness, neurological conditions and other things that just make people sick…

Or they're like me who thinks its just a lot of LOUD noises in near total darkness while getting bumped around....that isn't really my idea of fun....however I do enjoy Indy

CinematicFusion

Does that make 4 new movies?
There will be six new movies over the next 6 years.
1. Ep.7 2015
2. Rouge one anthology 2016
3 ep.8 2017
4. Han Solo anthology 2018
5. Ep.9 2019
6 boba fett anthology 2020

Also the Han Solo film could become a trilogy
There are rumors obi wan trilogy is close to happening.

Disney is going to "Marvel" Star Wars. Hope it won't be over kill.

PhotoDave219

There will be six new movies over the next 6 years.
1. Ep.7 2015
2. Rouge one anthology 2016
3 ep.8 2017
4. Han Solo anthology 2018
5. Ep.9 2019
6 boba fett anthology 2020

Also the Han Solo film could become a trilogy
There are rumors obi wan trilogy is close to happening.

Disney is going to "Marvel" Star Wars. Hope it won't be over kill.

I'm overwhelmingly fine with this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom