Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

trainplane3

Oh someone quoted me, let's see what's going on-
Same here! I'm totally looking forward to the new attraction in MK Frontierland, "Blazing Saddles" where guests can choose the good side to play the Sheriff of Rock Ridge and experience racism first hand, or go for the bad side to play Mongo and punch a horse! Don't forget to stop by the Schnitzengruben quick service stand for a sausage or slice of apple pie.

;):D Too much?
Rock Ridge, Rock Ridge, Splendid!
“THE SHERIFF IS NEAR”!!!!!!!!
Mongo no bad. Mongo only pawn in game of life.
A Madeline Kahn AA in a stage show???Hilarious!!!..i chuckle just thinking about that scene....
Song of the south meets Blazzing Saddles!!! Awesome mismash

Guys, this is the Epcot thread. Right? I think? I don't even know.

Sharon&Susan

oh I heard it the other way. I thought I read here that Disney inquired about getting the rights to use some of those old movies before TGMR was scuttled, someone said the universal wanted Disney to pay outrageous amounts of money to have the scenes from the Wizard of Oz in the ride. same thing with Casablanca
None of the movies in TGMR are owned by Universal. Casablanca is owned by Warner Bros and Wizard of Oz is owned by MGM.

DanielBB8

But OLC apparently has little problem getting sponsors at TDL. Hmmm...
Don’t you know the differences with the business model? After Maelstrom lost the Norway government as a sponsor, the attraction is dead. Most attractions at Epcot don’t last or receive updates upon loss of a sponsorship before they are removed. I also don’t think Disney will allow inadvertent free advertising for a company that no longer sponsors the attraction. Or... Norway’s Maelstrom now sponsored by Sweden. It doesn’t work. Disney wasn’t successful in getting any Norway corporations to sponsor the pavilion either. So Disney obviously took it over.

The Epcot pavilions are designed to fit perfectly with their original sponsors. Any subsequent sponsor will require extensive updates that are prohibitive to most companies. So Disney should design new attractions using universal ideas or just their own popular IP and then let a company have minor sponsorship rights. They do this already at many Disney attractions.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

Maybe because the fees are so astronomical. One of many reasons probably.
Disney’s attractions are not cheap either. Test Track was rumored to cost $250 million and more than a year late. Naming rights would be significantly cheaper than the Epcot sponsorship model. Disney even rejected Siemens’ offer of free monorail (rumored). Disney is so rich that they could do this. Why even bother having corporate sponsorships?

jt04

Disney’s attractions are not cheap either. Test Track was rumored to cost $250 million and more than a year late. Naming rights would be significantly cheaper than the Epcot sponsorship model. Disney even rejected Siemens’ offer of free monorail (rumored). Disney is so rich that they could do this. Why even bother having corporate sponsorships?

This is the year Disney starts making real money off IPs. Basically Disney sponsors its own attractions now.

aladdin2007

oh I heard it the other way. I thought I read here that Disney inquired about getting the rights to use some of those old movies before TGMR was scuttled, someone said the MGMl wanted Disney to pay outrageous amounts of money to have the scenes from the Wizard of Oz in the ride. same thing with Casablanca

I was referring to Epcot pavilions more or less.
Don’t you know the differences with the business model? After Maelstrom lost the Norway government as a sponsor, the attraction is dead. Most attractions at Epcot don’t last or receive updates upon loss of a sponsorship before they are removed. I also don’t think Disney will allow inadvertent free advertising for a company that no longer sponsors the attraction. Or... Norway’s Maelstrom now sponsored by Sweden. It doesn’t work. Disney wasn’t successful in getting any Norway corporations to sponsor the pavilion either. So Disney obviously took it over.

The Epcot pavilions are designed to fit perfectly with their original sponsors. Any subsequent sponsor will require extensive updates that are prohibitive to most companies. So Disney should design new attractions using universal ideas or just their own popular IP and then let a company have minor sponsorship rights. They do this already at many Disney attractions.

There were interested parties, but $$$$$$$. And the government had a last chance as well to save it, but they didnt want to pay the 100mill Disney was asking for. Things may have been a bit different but lets just say it all turned frozen, and we know where we are today.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Frozen 2 comes out this year!! Where can it fit in Future World??

In Imagination, you use your imagination to build snowmen and other things.

In the Land, you get introduced into the long-gone glaciers and the ice cutters who once harvested them.

In the Sea, you learn the dangers of 19th century sailing on the North Sea.

In Spaceship Earth, you marvel at the world largest snowball.

In Test Track, you test the design of your sleigh.

In Mission: Space you get a panoramic view of the Aurora Borealis.

In Wonders of Life, you find out what happens if you don't have a skull or bones.

J. D.

In the Land, you get introduced into the long-gone glaciers and the ice cutters who once harvested them.

In Wonders of Life, you find out what happens if you don't have a skull or bones.
Bob Iger: SOLD!!!

HauntedMansionFLA

All great ideas! What’s Chapek’s e-mail so I can forward this information to him? As always, giving @MisterPenguin full credit ;):D:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom