Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

GlacierGlacier

Disney and Universal operated their ride and land productions like movie productions early on, with pretty much everyone being a project hire, released to the wind afterwards to do whatever. Slowly they got smarter and have been keeping talent on hire as they should.

And contractors still hold a much larger portion than many folks give credit for.

DanielBB8

Anyone who’s a defense contractor will know who actually employed them. Same with all the various hospitality services. The only distinction is if the work was proposed by the contractor company. Since Disney does a lot of design work and uses contractors to make it happen, the employees would list both.

flynnibus

Premium Member
In practice, folks are pretty loose with these distinctions. By and large, people are far more concerned with project history than the details of someone's compensation. It's really common for consultants and contractors to list someone as an employer if they were dedicated to the client for any substantial amount of time.

They list it as experience... not employer. That's what the pros do here.. you don't emphasize who you work for, you emphasize what your work was.. so contractors who work for a firm and not just as a 1099 to Disney would say they "at bubs AV we specialized in theme park projects, working on A, B, C" etc.

Haymarket2008

If it did It would probably change to the Rust-eze Racing Center so future cars can be as fast as Lightning..That scene in the movie looks like it could be the main lobby of TT...
latest

HARD pass.

montyz81

Honestly? I'd like this a lot more than what's there now. This is a decent fit.
I guess I just do not understand why people are so against the original intent of Epcot Center. It is not what Walt intended for E.P.C.O.T. but it sure did inspire. If one of the 3 parks inspires people to improve lives in some way, why is that such a bad thing to do on vacation? Going to a park with a bunch of IP based rides is available anywhere. MK, DHS, AK, US, IoA. Epcot Center broke that mold and made learning cool and fun. There is an entirely new level of "learning while having fun" that can be achieved with today's technology (technology learnings that probably had its genesis with the original Epcot Center). A person with business acumen that is also a dreamer is what is needed to head this company and help bring back that unique experience at Epcot.
Sorry all, rant over.

DanielBB8

Another thing over is corporate sponsorships. That’s one leg missing from Epcot’s business model. Companies increasingly do not want to fund Disney’s attractions.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But OLC apparently has little problem getting sponsors at TDL. Hmmm...

Well that depends... does OLC expect the sponsor to fund everything? Or are they simply selling branding and marketing exposure?

Sponsorship is alive and well... look at every sports venue in the country. But those naming rights deals aren't setup to say "If we don't get a sponsor, we are closing down the NY Yankees..."

eliza61nyc

Maybe because the fees are so astronomical. One of many reasons probably.
oh I heard it the other way. I thought I read here that Disney inquired about getting the rights to use some of those old movies before TGMR was scuttled, someone said the MGMl wanted Disney to pay outrageous amounts of money to have the scenes from the Wizard of Oz in the ride. same thing with Casablanca

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well that depends... does OLC expect the sponsor to fund everything? Or are they simply selling branding and marketing exposure?

Sponsorship is alive and well... look at every sports venue in the country. But those naming rights deals aren't setup to say "If we don't get a sponsor, we are closing down the NY Yankees..."

True. Thinking about it from that angle, it may be more name exposure than actual "ride sponsorship" there. But there are still a lot of company names on the TDL map...

Unplugged

You know, if they did get the rights AND stuck an attraction into DHS, I wouldn't even complain. That applies to any work of Mel Brooks too.

Same here! I'm totally looking forward to the new attraction in MK Frontierland, "Blazing Saddles" where guests can choose the good side to play the Sheriff of Rock Ridge and experience racism first hand, or go for the bad side to play Mongo and punch a horse! Don't forget to stop by the Schnitzengruben quick service stand for a sausage or slice of apple pie.

;):D Too much?

Last edited:

Notes from Neverland

Same here! I'm totally looking forward to the new attraction in MK Frontierland, "Blazing Saddles" where guests can choose the good side to play the Sheriff of Rock Ridge and experience racism first hand, or go for the bad side to play Mongo and punch a horse! Don't forget to stop by the Schnitzengruben quick service stand for a sausage or slice of apple pie.
stand

Rock Ridge, Rock Ridge, Splendid!

HauntedMansionFLA

“THE SHERIFF IS NEAR”!!!!!!!!

J. D.

Mongo no bad. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

AKL2003

A Madeline Kahn AA in a stage show???Hilarious!!!..i chuckle just thinking about that scene....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom