BLT & Treeshouse DVC Announced

Buried20KLeague

The points will probably be slightly higher than the 2 bedroom villas.

I bet the SSR busses now have another stop added. I hope not! :rolleyes:

Yes, you will have to go to the main SSR BLDG for food, but remember these are like self contained apartments and they expect many users to cook their own food. This is why all DVC specific properties have a serious lack of food options. Maybe they will put a small snack bar at the pool.

Like AKLV vs AKV they will probably have separate points for the THV's. That would mean that SSR owners will not get the 11 month window.

The boat dock for SSR is not all that far and I would expect that it will be shared.

Now lets see if I am wrong again?:brick:

You might be... :lol:

They're building a new boat dock at the THV's. So it won't be shared. I was more wondering about the boat service itself. Will it be like the bus situation (which is pretty bad).

And I don't see how there CAN be separate points for THV's. That would mean that the people with THV points would only have one room class to book at the 11 month window... They'd be forced to wait to the 7 month mark for any other type of room, at every other resort. That would seriously decrease the number of potential buyers, at the very least.

Plus, if they had their own points and weren't part of SSR, that would mean the THV's would have their own separate maintenance fees. Which, for only 60 units, in that setup and environment (plus facilities, its own busses, etc), would mean the MF's would be WAY WAY WAY high. But when blended with SSR, it's much more a drop in the bucket.

Plus... I'm thinking it HAS to be combined completely with SSR to meet ADA requirements. Although that's completely speculation.

DonaldDoleWhip

The point information can be found here (I'm not a DVC member so I couldn't access the point charts through Disney).

2rbz4o1.jpg

Wow, it's certainly expensive compared to the others! And lol, it costs more to get an MK view grand villa than to get 2 MK view two-bedroom villas.

Buried20KLeague

Forgive me if this is common knowledge or if it has been covered but I was wondering about the amount of rooms in BLT in comparison to the other DVC resorts? I was wondering about availability at the seven month window? I am sure it will be tough at first but I wonder if it will eventually be like VWL, which can be difficult at the seven month window.

There's about 300 rooms at the BLT. Which isn't a ton. Much smaller than SSR, but more on the lines of the Beach Club Villas, which I believe has 280.

The smaller number of rooms combined with its location will probably make it a LITTLE tough to get at 7, but maybe not impossible. Although... One difference you have to think of... People buying into BLT will be spending more on their purchase than anywhere else, and more points will be required to stay there than anywhere else. So... Will those people ever want to trade out to other resorts, when they're "trading down" and not getting max value for what they bought? Who knows how that will factor in.

Main Street USA

Love the two new DVCs, but it still won't make me drop $20,000 to $30,000 on owning. I can stay there just fine by renting points from a current owner, and if I ever decided I HAD to own for some strange reason, I'd just buy resale and save $10,000.

gooftroop4590

ahhh yes the old tree house villas i remember staying in those when i was little. i was about 7 and let me tell you they were amazing!! cant wait to stay there agian

dreamscometrue

I don't know but I would be nervous if I was trying to sell these units. I said months ago that when the economy is hurting and the stock market has its worst day since 9/11 the first thing people aren't thinking of is hey I need a timeshare or go to Disneyworld. I laughed when I read that the exec thinks that a great selling point will be I can save on future vacations. Thats a great idea when I have a wad of money sitting in my pocket, but thats not the reality of todays consumer. I would think that getting a loan for this sort of thing is going to be difficult. As usual this will be great for the top 10% of the population, but thats about it. The majority of americans are far more concerned about their 401k, how they are going to pay for $4-$5 gas, etc... The first week will probably be great for sales, after that I am not so sure. That price point ($150.00)seems really high. Maybe they are hoping for a large foreign investment until the US economy rebounds. I do hope I am wrong, because I think on paper these two new resorts do look pretty cool. Hawaii seems pretty neat too.

People tend to buy on emotion rather than logic, so I think that they will sell a lot and relatively quickly.

Also, it will be interesting to see how many 'units' are sold to people in countries outside the U.S. I am from Canada and purchased our DVC membership last year as the Canadian dollar gained strength against the U.S. dollar. It made the decision to purchase much more attractive. Presently there are DVC members in more than 100 countries and it wouldn't surprise me if a significant number of sales are to non Americans.

dreamscometrue

I just bought into Kidani Village, now I wish I had waited.

I bought AKL Villas last year and no regrets my friend. Kadani will be amazing along with the AKL. Like you, I think that BLT looks awesome, but we'll still be able to book 7 months out and spend some time there. That's the great thing about DVC...choices. :)

Buried20KLeague

People tend to buy on emotion rather than logic, so I think that they will sell a lot and relatively quickly.

Also, it will be interesting to see how many 'units' are sold to people in countries outside the U.S. I am from Canada and purchased our DVC membership last year as the Canadian dollar gained strength against the U.S. dollar. It made the decision to purchase much more attractive. Presently there are DVC members in more than 100 countries and it wouldn't surprise me if a significant number of sales are to non Americans.

Eh. I bet it's not as much as you think. Maybe 10%? There are other things that you have to factor into overseas people buying DVC... Jet fuel costs pushing airline tix WAY up, for example.

There's been threads here where people from overseas have talked about the pros and cons of coming over here to vacation. There were the usual pros that you've touched on (weakness of the dollar right now), and some cons that I hadn't thought of at all... And apparently can't remember now either! :lol:

dreamscometrue

The point information can be found here (I'm not a DVC member so I couldn't access the point charts through Disney).

2rbz4o1.jpg

Wow, it's certainly expensive compared to the others! And lol, it costs more to get an MK view grand villa than to get 2 MK view two-bedroom villas.

We all knew that the points would be quite significant, but they're really not too bad for the location. I can still choose to do a week there in a studio for almost exactly the same number of points as BCV, BWV(BV), AKL (SV) or WLV. Or, I can use less and stay at SSR, OKW or AKL (value). That's what I like about DVC; choice. I'm looking at, for example, 4 nights (in 'Adventure' season) in a studio (Mon.-Thurs.) at BLT and 4 more (Fri.-Mon.) at AKL(value) for a total of 96 points. Sounds good to me! :)

DonaldDoleWhip

We all knew that the points would be quite significant, but they're really not too bad for the location. I can still choose to do a week there in a studio for almost exactly the same number of points as BCV, BWV(BV), AKL (SV) or WLV. Or, I can use less and stay at SSR, OKW or AKL (value). That's what I like about DVC; choice. I'm looking at, for example, 4 nights (in 'Adventure' season) in a studio (Mon.-Thurs.) at BLT and 4 more (Fri.-Mon.) at AKL(value) for a total of 96 points. Sounds good to me! :)
You make a good point. If you're willing to sacrifice view, then a BLT studio is almost the same as the others.

And if someone really wanted to stay in an MK view studio at BLT, they could do it from Sunday-Thursday during adventure season, 5 nights for 85 points.

Buried20KLeague

True, but the trade off is that the BLT has the smallest studio rooms of any of the DVC resorts. About the size of a moderate room.

They get you one way or another! :lol:

jerlev

Talked to my guide today and made a appointment to visit the model next Wednesday. Thinking about buying about 100 points... :shrug:

jerlev

I received the official announcement sent to DVC members. If anyone wants to see some of it, I posted it to FLICKR.

DVC ships materials from Duluth, GA. You can gauge when you might see this from that... I'm 30 minutes from there, so I get stuff quickly!

raiden

My guide told me that MF were $3.67 at BLT. Thats awesome! Thinking about buying a small contract. But what I REALLY want to know is how the MF at SSR will be affected by the THV?? My guide didnt know squat. Any have any ideas or theories?

WDWFigment

Love the two new DVCs, but it still won't make me drop $20,000 to $30,000 on owning. I can stay there just fine by renting points from a current owner, and if I ever decided I HAD to own for some strange reason, I'd just buy resale and save $10,000.

I wouldn't bet on being able to pick these points up cheaper on resale. Points at this resort are going to be about as scarce as at Beach Club, and those typically sell for more than their original cost on resale.

Sure, you can save a bundle (heck, maybe even more than $10k!) on SSR or OKW, but these are much larger resorts that don't have any unique draw. BLT is small, and has the monorail. I wouldn't expect per-point prices in retail below $100 anytime in the near future.

As for renting points, that's always an option--but just remember, a lot of people are doing this as a career, so given that it's profitable for current owners, renting is obviously not the most cost effective way to "do" DVC.

Here is an "official" point chart (there are some mistakes on it and it has since been pulled by Disney) (pulled from MouseOwners):
BLTPointChartBMP-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom