Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
FTR, No Way Home had a "disastrous" (not really) second weekend because its second Friday was Christmas Eve.
I suspect BP2's weekends and weekdays to look something like this (give or take a couple million here and there).

11/25 $50 m (+$42 m Thanksgiving week)=$380 m
12/2 $23 m (+$12m)=$415m
12/9 $14m (+$7m)=$436m
12/16 $7m (+$4m)=$447m (Avatar 2 comes out)
12/23 $3.5m(+$4.5m)=$455m (1st holiday week, some off during week, Christmas Eve Saturday)
12/30 $3m(+$5m)=$463m (everyone off, New Years Eve Saturday)
1/6 $1.8m(+$1.7m)=$466.5m
1/13 $1.0m(+$0.5m)=$468m (MLK weekend)
1/20 $0.6m(+$0.5m)=$469.1m
1/27 $0.3m(+0.2m)=$469.6m (comes out on D+)

Finishes somewhere between $470-$475 m domestic.
So out “gunned” at the 2022 Box office by $500-$600,000,000???

It’s not here…but we should debate where marvel is heading on another thread?

Disney three “powerhouse” franchises haven’t been lighting the world on fire of late…one can’t even get there (4 years at least)

MickeyMouse10

It's obvious Disney doesn't have the best people for the jobs. Everything they've been touching lately has turned to poop. Maybe if they went with what makes money and not with their agendas they'd still be making a billion each movie. But no, they want to hire a plumber to do brain surgery (metaphorically of course). Just because that plumber fit's their woke criterias.

It's simple, I want good movies. I don't want them to cast a movie and then say "Alright we checked the boxes, now lets write about the characters... and oh yeah we'll probably need a script too."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's obvious Disney doesn't have the best people for the jobs. Everything they've been touching lately has turned to poop. Maybe if they went with what makes money and not with their agendas they'd still be making a billion each movie. But no, they want to hire a plumber to do brain surgery (metaphorically of course). Just because that plumber fit's their woke criterias.

It's simple, I want good movies. I don't want them to cast a movie and then say "Alright we checked the boxes, now lets write about the characters... and oh yeah we'll probably need a script too."
…I really WANT to disagree with you…I do…

MickeyMouse10

It was a simple solution

Michael B. Jordan (Alternate Earth Black Panther)
Henry Golding (Submariner)
Keke Palmer or Kiki Layne (End Credits Storm)

-------------------

over 1 Billion dollars

Phroobar

Box Office Mojo:
After Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’s $181 million opening led to a $209 million total domestic box office last weekend (the fourth best overall weekend of the year and the fifth best since the start of the pandemic), the numbers fell back down to Earth this weekend. The total box office came to just $100 million (making this the first time since July that there were two nine-digit weekends in a row), with Wakanda Forever leading the way at $67.3 million, down 63% from last weekend. While this isn’t a bad number for Wakanda Forever, the hopes that the film would hold markedly better than recent MCU films were in vain. All in all, it looks to play closer to this year’s earlier franchise installments Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (67% second weekend drop and multiplier of 2.2) and Thor: Love and Thunder (68% second weekend drop and multiplier of 2.4) than to the first Black Panther (45% second weekend drop and multiplier of 3.5).

The box office as a whole will continue to be sluggish until Avatar: The Way of Water opens on December 16, but the box office prospects for Wakanda Forever are looking good, even if the film will fall considerably short of its predecessor. The $288 million ten day cume is the year’s third best, and it should pull ahead of Multiverse of Madness (which had a $293 million ten day cume) over the next week, getting a boost from the Thanksgiving holiday week and weekend. It is likely to go on to become the year’s second highest grossing film yet, toppling Multiverse’s $411 million cume and finishing behind just Top Gun: Maverick (and potentially Avatar 2). The worldwide cume is now $546 million, and in holdover markets it dropped 49%, compared to the 56% drops on the year’s earlier MCU films in the same suite of markets.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Box Office Mojo:
After Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’s $181 million opening led to a $209 million total domestic box office last weekend (the fourth best overall weekend of the year and the fifth best since the start of the pandemic), the numbers fell back down to Earth this weekend. The total box office came to just $100 million (making this the first time since July that there were two nine-digit weekends in a row), with Wakanda Forever leading the way at $67.3 million, down 63% from last weekend. While this isn’t a bad number for Wakanda Forever, the hopes that the film would hold markedly better than recent MCU films were in vain. All in all, it looks to play closer to this year’s earlier franchise installments Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (67% second weekend drop and multiplier of 2.2) and Thor: Love and Thunder (68% second weekend drop and multiplier of 2.4) than to the first Black Panther (45% second weekend drop and multiplier of 3.5).

The box office as a whole will continue to be sluggish until Avatar: The Way of Water opens on December 16, but the box office prospects for Wakanda Forever are looking good, even if the film will fall considerably short of its predecessor. The $288 million ten day cume is the year’s third best, and it should pull ahead of Multiverse of Madness (which had a $293 million ten day cume) over the next week, getting a boost from the Thanksgiving holiday week and weekend. It is likely to go on to become the year’s second highest grossing film yet, toppling Multiverse’s $411 million cume and finishing behind just Top Gun: Maverick (and potentially Avatar 2). The worldwide cume is now $546 million, and in holdover markets it dropped 49%, compared to the 56% drops on the year’s earlier MCU films in the same suite of markets.
Yep, still has a potential to break $1B. It won't make what I originally thought but it doesn't have to. If it does just as well (or better) than Strange 2 it'll still be seen as a smash hit for the MCU.

Phroobar

Yep, still has a potential to break $1B. It won't make what I originally thought but it doesn't have to. If it does just as well (or better) than Strange 2 it'll still be seen as a smash hit for the MCU.
I think I'll wait for Disney+. There isn't much interesting in the theaters now.

TP2000

Wakanda Forever had a staggeringly huge production budget of $250 Million. It will apparently need $750 Million in global box office sales to break even, then it starts making some profit for Burbank.

I honestly am baffled at these $200 to $250 Million production budgets for these tentpole films from Burbank's various studios. What do they spend all the money on?!? How lavish is the catering budget exactly, and how many years have the Wakanda Forever production staff been getting free lunches and chair massages in their cubicles???

TP2000

Also, I just got back from a Target run to my new Target this morning. There was a very splashy Wakanda Forever toy display right in the middle of the toy section.

But just like my old Target, there was not a single toy or mention for Strange World.

Disney Analyst

Wakanda Forever had a staggeringly huge production budget of $250 Million. It will apparently need $750 Million in global box office sales to break even, then it starts making some profit for Burbank.

I honestly am baffled at these $200 to $250 Million production budgets for these tentpole films from Burbank's various studios. What do they spend all the money on?!? How lavish is the catering budget exactly, and how many years have the Wakanda Forever production staff been getting free lunches and chair massages in their cubicles???

I mean the contracts for all the VFX studios would be staggering... So many people are involved for VFX alone.

erasure fan1

I honestly am baffled at these $200 to $250 Million production budgets for these tentpole films from Burbank's various studios. What do they spend all the money on?!?
Well why would the studio side of Disney be any different than the rest of Disney? I always wonder how they spend so much money.

Animaniac93-98

Exactly, have you ever read CG credits at the end of the movie? There are litterly thousands of people listed there.

It's a crazy intensive process, involving thousands of VFX artists, amongst many contracted studios. And that's just one part.

Speaking of VFX artists and Marvel in particular...

Hopefully they get treated better for what they do, but I have my doubts...

Screamface

Disney finances its film itself, doesn't it?

They probably just overcharge themselves for making the film. So the expenditure of the budget flows back to the company as profit. While still being owed the full about from the movie production.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom