Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Phroobar

I'm in the boat of MAYBE watching it when it hits Disney+, but how can you make your second statement in context of your first? Did you actually go and see it despite saying you weren't interested and that you wouldn't? Or are you basing the performance on the 30 seconds you saw her in the trailer? I have no idea if she is deserving for this movie. Honestly, based on her history, I'd guess "Yeah, she probably is," but, I think the critics are so far removed from caring if a movie is actually good and entertaining at this point, I won't blindly follow what they say either.
It was the second half of double feature at our drive in. We went for Puss n' Boots and stayed for the second. Puss n' Boots was far better.

gerarar

Premium Member
BP2 gets a release date in China:

Black Panther 2, which originally released elsewhere in November 2022, will set the table on February 7, while Ant-Man 3 will hit Chinese movie theaters on February 17, day-and-date with North America. In so doing, they become the first titles featuring a Marvel character in China since Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: Far From Home in June 2019, and the first Disney/Marvel movies since Avengers: Endgame earlier that same year.

bp-china-poster.jpeg

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

BP2 gets a release date in China:

Black Panther 2, which originally released elsewhere in November 2022, will set the table on February 7, while Ant-Man 3 will hit Chinese movie theaters on February 17, day-and-date with North America. In so doing, they become the first titles featuring a Marvel character in China since Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: Far From Home in June 2019, and the first Disney/Marvel movies since Avengers: Endgame earlier that same year.

View attachment 692720

Seems like the CCP is trying to soften the resistance they’ve had as of recent from the Chinese public.

Bring back some of the western things they loved, like Marvel, distract.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Seems like the CCP is trying to soften the resistance they’ve had as of recent from the Chinese public.

Bring back some of the western things they loved, like Marvel, distract.
There has been some changes in the last week or so to soften their tact on the world stage, including reassigning their hard line Foreign Minister.

So it doesn't surprise me this was done. Also possible there could have been a call from Iger that might have helped.

DKampy

Love Angela Bassett's work, I hope she wins. If not her, then Kerry Condon or Stephanie Hsu. Honestly, can't think of anyone on Best Supporting Actress that doesn't deserve the win this year.
You are correct everyone probably deserves… but if any award is probably a front runner it is Angela Basset based on the trends at other awards shows.

The more tight locked race is best actor…it is becoming a 3 person race between Austin, Brandon, and Colin… and I really have no idea who will win or even the favorite

Vegas Disney Fan

Watching on D+ and praying the cinematography lightens up at some point, it’s so dark I can barely tell what’s happening, reminds me of why I dislike so many DC movies, they make them so dark I feel like I’m going blind just trying to watch it.

Was it this dark in theaters or is this a D+ issue?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Watching on D+ and praying the cinematography lightens up at some point, it’s so dark I can barely tell what’s happening, reminds me of why I dislike so many DC movies, they make them so dark I feel like I’m going blind just trying to watch it.

Doesn't look too dark to me, looks the same as it did when I watched it in the theaters.

Possible your TV settings needs to be adjusted?

Vegas Disney Fan

_caleb

Are you running an IMAX dual laser 1.43 full frame setup for your home theater? If not, that may be the problem.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I actually paused it and started another movie on D+ just to make sure my screen wasn’t dying, everything else looks normal, I think they just filmed it dark.

Did a Google search and apparently I’m not the only one…

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies...-complaint-is-already-dominating-its-release/
I guess I just set my TV different than everyone else, I tend to take a week to adjust all settings until perfect on all different types of content for my viewing taste every new TV I get, or maybe my eyes are used to darker cinematography because I've never had issues with being able to see in darker scenes.

Phroobar

Does your tv support HDR? It actually looks pretty good to me. Of course, I saw it originally at a drive in. Maybe I'll like it better this time around?

Vegas Disney Fan

Does your tv support HDR? It actually looks pretty good to me. Of course, I saw it originally at a drive in. Maybe I'll like it better this time around?
It does, it’s a fairly new (about 1 year old) Samsung 65” 4K, everything has looked amazing on it except for this and DC movies, both for similar darkness reasons. The odd thing is I rewatched all the Aliens movies recently and they looked crisp and amazing despite being very dark movies, this one lacks contrast or something, I’ve tried maxing brightness, contrast, turning all the picture enhancers on/off, tried all the different picture modes… no matter what I do it’s just a dark movie that’s hard to see.

I’m hoping maybe at night it’ll be easier to see without all the ambient light in the room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom