Birnbaum 2009: Space Mountain closed in 2009

Iknewagirlnamed

Original Poster
I was looking through the newly-released Birnbaum's official guide to Walt Disney World 2009, and made a point to see what, if anything they said about Space Mountian's rumored closure in '09. Sure enough, they are quoted as saying, "Space Mountain will be in refurbishment for much of 2009, but when it reopens it will be as great as ever."

I also read the the parade from Disneyland will be making it's debut at Disney World in 2009.

sillykid

Wow! I'm surprised they would even be able to put that in there. With so much always up in the air these days, you would think that Disney wouldn't want that out there, just in case there is a change in date, re-opening.:shrug:

DonaldDoleWhip

Thanks for the news!

It's nice to hear that SM will finally have a refurbishment, but I'm really praying that Disney hasn't butchered the plans too much.

E-Ride Night

boy I hope its still open in January. I'm taking my girlfriend for our anniversary and i think this is her favorite ride! She'll be so bummed....

J.E.Smith

Birnbaum has always been good in the past reporting a attraction closure. I remember in the '94 they warned of KK's closing, then in later additions they mentioned Take Flight's and Horizons' impending closures.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Birnbaums WDW IS Disney in another name. It used to be inpartial but is now published by Disney Editions. Having said that, they have always noted large closures and changes.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Yeah, those books always know what's going down. My girlfriend and her family went a while ago and it had to already have had info on TSM before it was officially announced, judging by the publication date.

Chape19714

As with every refurbishment, it's going to be closed for someone's vacation. Let's hope the guest don't get too harsh on Guest Relations. But I look forward to the re-opening.

dazzer68

April 2009 operational times are posted on the disney website, no mention of space mountain being closed then. just hall of presidents closed. hope its open in may 2009 ,thats when we are going!

Laura

Premium Member
Birnbaums WDW IS Disney in another name. It used to be inpartial but is now published by Disney Editions. Having said that, they have always noted large closures and changes.

That's what I was going to say. I don't think it's shocking that Disney would know their own future closure schedule. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom