Big Hero 6

Bairstow

I never understood the point of making Vanellope a princess for a couple seconds.
It certainly doesn't make sense in the context of the story- in the art painted on the side of her game cabinet she's still wearing her usual clothes.

Cesar R M

I never understood the point of making Vanellope a princess for a couple seconds.
It certainly doesn't make sense in the context of the story- in the art painted on the side of her game cabinet she's still wearing her usual clothes.
They pretty much aimed at the image of "rebel modern princess" that populated the 90's and 2000's (anyone remembers the movie of the woman who portrayed THE NANNY ? or the similar movies by Jennifer Lopez? )

Sped2424

Original Poster
They announced voices, I am hoping they didn't announce hiro's yet.

T. J. Miller as Fred aka Fred zilla, Jamie Chung as Gogo Tomago, Maya Rudolph possibly honey lemon, Samuel L. Jackson wasabi no ginger most likely, Josh Hutcherson ??? , Freddie Highmore ??? I am hoping disney has enough sense to not cast a white guy to play a japanese character.

EricJ

It's out, and it looks really clever, even if it's a straight-up reprise of the Incredibles teaser.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6azRqpkAaQ

Well, some Pixar-teaser influence has crept into the main studio, ever since they did that "Olaf & Sven are the stars of Frozen" teaser, to introduce characters we'd never heard of and would take too long to explain.
Here, if you'd never heard of it, you'd think this was a Ghibli-influenced cuddly Pixar twist on The Iron Giant (even the teaser poster), and I was at least expecting some teasing flash-shot of the entire team over the logo. Eh, think we'll get it next trailer.

Bairstow

Well, some Pixar-teaser influence has crept into the main studio, ever since they did that "Olaf & Sven are the stars of Frozen" teaser, to introduce characters we'd never heard of and would take too long to explain.
Here, if you'd never heard of it, you'd think this was a Ghibli-influenced cuddly Pixar twist on The Iron Giant (even the teaser poster), and I was at least expecting some teasing flash-shot of the entire team over the logo. Eh, think we'll get it next trailer.

Here's what I'm referring to:

Bairstow

I honestly do not see much similarities other than the chubbyiness part.

Both teasers are based around the gag of showing dynamic still images of a hero, then showing the reality of that fat superhero trying to fit into his costume, struggling through a montage of frentic clips, and finally succeeding, only to have the costume spring off at the end for comedic effect.

Structurally it's the exact.
Same.
Teaser.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Both teasers are based around the gag of showing dynamic still images of a hero, then showing the reality of that fat superhero trying to fit into his costume, struggling through a montage of frentic clips, and finally succeeding, only to have the costume spring off at the end for comedic effect.

Same.
Teaser.

Except that in the case of The Incredibles, the theme was that Bob was trying to go back to what he was, whereas here Hiro is trying to force Baymax into something he's not. It's a subtle difference, but it's there.

Cesar R M

Same.
Teaser.
I honestly do not see that relationship at all.

In one case they show the past and the whole "culture phenomenom" and "hero" Mr. Incredible was.
a thing from the past in the movie's timepoint.

In bighero6, this guy is DESIGNING a suit to improve a medical bot(it is a medical bot right?) with armor.

Magenta Panther

Well, Diz was smart to focus on the humor in the situation. I'll give it that much.

But...wha??? What's this supposed to be about? A kid discovers the spawn of the Sta-Puf Marshmallow Man? Or is this supposed to be "The Polyethylene Giant? " :p

Seriously, it looks kinda cute, but I don't see why Disney is using Marvel for this at all. A kid building his own robot is an idea that's as old as the hills. Pass.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Well, Diz was smart to focus on the humor in the situation. I'll give it that much.

But...wha??? What's this supposed to be about? A kid discovers the spawn of the Sta-Puf Marshmallow Man? Or is this supposed to be "The Polyethylene Giant? :p

Seriously, it looks kinda cute, but I don't see why Disney is using Marvel for this at all. A kid building his own robot is an idea that's as old as the hills. Pass.

He doesn't build his own robot. Baymax the robot was built by his older brother as a medical assist unit. When the older brother gets killed, Hiro seeks to avenge his brother and upgrades Baymax into a battle unit.

And you're forgetting that there are 4 other characters in this film that probably made Disney pick it, including a guy that can turn into a giant Godzilla-type monster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom