Big Hero 6

Sped2424

Original Poster
So I made a little info post on the film considering how many of you (Including myself before this) have no idea what this movie is about or the characters either.
Big Hero 6 Time.
With frozen now out in theaters its time to move onto a happy subject who else is excited for Big Hero 6? For those unfamiliar with the characters this film shall be based off of follow the link and study (BH6). That is the source material however and it is most likely to change, the only thing sticking for sure that I know of is the main character being Hiro Takachiho, who shall be getting a name change to Hiro Hamada why I do not know. One of the members named Fred (has cool hulk like powers kinda) has a cool back story being from the Ainu people and growing up in a Japanese S.H.I.E.L.D base (Please put in an agent coulson cameo in animated form). Some concept art of hiro and his robot

tumblr_inline_mxqlhdLib31qbujt4.jpg

If this art is any indication this is going to be a beautiful cyberpunkish stylized film. One thing I am curious about, is will there even be a meet and greet at Walt Disney world for any of these characters from the film? I doubt it considering the contract.

So roll call of the Big Hero 6 and images of their previous incarnation to give you an idea of the film.

Hiro Hamada (Voice Actor unknown)

Boy genius

tumblr_inline_mxqlxow4UT1qbujt4.jpg

Baymax (Voice Actor unknown)

Hiro’s creation who really became vital to him after the death of Hiro’s father. He is also Hiro’s’ bodyguard, Caretaker, Father Figure, and overall Hiro’s best friend.

tumblr_inline_mxqlymcSWu1qbujt4.jpg

Wasabi no ginger (Voice Actor unknown)

Badass (Excuse my french) Chief and trained swordsman and able to use qi to paralyze his foes.

tumblr_inline_mxqm9bANlW1qbujt4.jpg

Honey Lemon Aka Aiko Miyazaki (Voice Actor unknown)

Gave herself her code name from her favorite tv show, she has a purse that she can reach her hand into and pull out whatever she desires (I want it.)

tumblr_inline_mxqmpzUFeq1qbujt4.jpg

GoGo Tomago aka Leiko Tanaka (Voice Actor unkown)
Hot head of the group, able to transform her body into a ball of explosive energy at high speeds, to activate this power she has to say her name.

tumblr_inline_mxqn11oIXS1qbujt4.jpg

Last and most likely my favorite

Fred aka Fredzilla (Name given to him by S.H.I.E.L.D)

Originally from the Ainu people Fred has the amazing ability to transform into a giant lizard creature/dragon.

tumblr_inline_mxqn8nhgRh1qbujt4.jpg

There you have it, Remember these images are from the previous comics, their looks are to be updated completely for the film. Here are their silhouettes that was teased at D23 of their new looks.

tumblr_inline_mxqnb8kFvv1qbujt4.jpg

Really interested to see how this film turns out!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
People have argued Big Hero 6 might be outside the scope of the contract as the are not featured anywhere in the US parks and and although they work for SHIELD they are not Avengers Characters either. We will have to wait and see.

Matt_Black

People have argued Big Hero 6 might be outside the scope of the contract as the are not featured anywhere in the US parks and and although they work for SHIELD they are not Avengers Characters either. We will have to wait and see.

Similarly, any obvious ties to the X-Men (like Sunfire or Silver Samurai) are being purged so as not to infringe on Fox's film rights. Other changes, such as Hiro's last name being altered, might also be a part of getting around the contract. "Oh, Hiro Hamada has never appeared in a Marvel comic. You're thinking of Hiro Takachiho. Hamada is similar to but legally distinct from that character."

Sped2424

Original Poster
Similarly, any obvious ties to the X-Men (like Sunfire or Silver Samurai) are being purged so as not to infringe on Fox's film rights. Other changes, such as Hiro's last name being altered, might also be a part of getting around the contract. "Oh, Hiro Hamada has never appeared in a Marvel comic. You're thinking of Hiro Takachiho. Hamada is similar to but legally distinct from that character."
True but I thought marvel at disneyland was fair game?

Matt_Black

The other thing with Hiro's name change is probably to tie him closer into the tradition of Marvel Superheroes. Peter Parker, Reed Richards, Matt Murdock, Bruce Banner, etc.

Sped2424

Original Poster
The other thing with Hiro's name change is probably to tie him closer into the tradition of Marvel Superheroes. Peter Parker, Reed Richards, Matt Murdock, Bruce Banner, etc.
Hiro Hamada. I like his name, shame we are not going to see anything substantial for this film until like a 2 months before its release :<

Sped2424

Original Poster
tumblr_n5vftn3WUb1ri697yo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5vftn3WUb1ri697yo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5vftn3WUb1ri697yo3_1280.jpg

New stills revealed today of Hiro building baymax or really tinkering with him because he used to be just a medical robot.

EricJ

The Marvel characters were all based on Japanese pop-culture icons, and Hiro was supposed to be the analog of Johnny Sokko (and his Flying Robot). Here, looks like they're just turning him into the generic Pixar impossible-dreamer, and taking a little of the more obscure Tokyo-cool out of the mix.
Also, no reference to Fredzilla being raised at SHIELD, since they're trying to keep it separate from the MCU.

Sped2424

Original Poster
The Marvel characters were all based on Japanese pop-culture icons, and Hiro was supposed to be the analog of Johnny Sokko (and his Flying Robot). Here, looks like they're just turning him into the generic Pixar impossible-dreamer, and taking a little of the more obscure Tokyo-cool out of the mix.
Also, no reference to Fredzilla being raised at SHIELD, since they're trying to keep it separate from the MCU.
The film is doing everything it can to separate itself from the Marvel Universe, I am guessing so that Disney has no issues using it in the park. Also pixar hardly invented the wheel when it came to optimistic dreamer characters. And if you actually read up on the film Hiro is anything but that, he is brash, a bit rude, and knows he is the smartest guy in the room. His brother Tadashi is optimist, hiro is a teenage boy who likes to mess around and prove how smart he is almost 99 percent of the time. I think you seem to be writing this film off without much to go on. Also have you seen san fransokyo? It's gorgeous visually

Cesar R M

speaking of this film... anyone noticed the wreck it ralph cameo in one of the ads?

also, isnt there a japanese town that looks like that?
I honestly dont get the "asian san francisco" feel other than the bridge and the train.

Sped2424

Original Poster
speaking of this film... anyone noticed the wreck it ralph cameo in one of the ads?

also, isnt there a japanese town that looks like that?
I honestly dont get the "asian san francisco" feel other than the bridge and the train.
Where did you see wreck it ralph? The only video release of the film is this clip. Also if you feel that it looks like a japanese town then they have down their job right. The bridge, the trolley, the way the streets slope and the architecture being part western with dashes of eastern influences all over them. It's a beautiful town.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom