Big Hero 6

Sped2424

Original Poster
I still feel sad that they had to change so much from the comics to the current baymax.
They changed a lot of the characters (like Wasabi being a real samurai chef vs the afro guy genious we got now and baymax being a badass hulkish robot vs the cute inflatable one we got now)

ytrKuEk.jpg

left: dunno
Center: baymax in upgrade armor
Right: Hiro in school suit and baymax in his usual "bodyguard" disguise.

Fred really had powers (like he had godzilla's spirit in him, very similar to the DC Comics's spirit warrior of "Apache chief" or Tye Longshadow)
The left is fredzilla aka fred. Freds powers changed in the new version of bh6 in comparison to the original where he actually could turn into a monster. But much like any animated disney flick bh6 was inspired by the comic, and not a straight adaption of it.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Both are great movies (Iron Giant moreso).

In terms of tone and cast, I think BH6 compares best with How to Train Your Dragon.
Agreed all are wonderful boy and his x films. Although I think Iron giant might be the best out of the 3. Big hero 6 for me stuck way to much to the superhero formula that I felt the film would have been better had it gone away from that.

Cesar R M

The left is fredzilla aka fred. Freds powers changed in the new version of bh6 in comparison to the original where he actually could turn into a monster. But much like any animated disney flick bh6 was inspired by the comic, and not a straight adaption of it.
I have the 6 big hero comics and the sketchbook.. I dont remember the left one being Fred. As his "character" looks more like an spirited version. Not a physical thing.

Infact, this comic page shows that he is a Baymax morph. And not fred.
uhHFyLn.png

Here is Fred's power.

TivXmga.jpg

Sped2424

Original Poster
I have the 6 big hero comics and the sketchbook.. I dont remember the left one being Fred. As his "character" looks more like an spirited version. Not a physical thing.

Infact, this comic page shows that he is a Baymax morph. And not fred.
uhHFyLn.png

Here is Fred's power.

TivXmga.jpg
Weird I could have sworn freds powers were reworked. WELP I learn something new then.

Cesar R M

You have no idea. Granted Marvel is a little better at it than, say, DC. Donna Troy, Hawkman, the Legion of Superheroes, Donna Friggin' Troy....
Oh please... tell me you have seen the current and last arc of Green Lantern and its variants.
IT IS a total mess.
specially the NEW GUARDIANS saga.

Bairstow

Are there any "official" continuities anymore?
I've never read comic books as they've come out, but I do enjoy comic book movies and the occasional graphic novel, so to me it's perfectly normal for each new story featuring a character to be utterly different from the last. Since every character has died and come back to life 4-5 times now, does anyone really get hung up on strict continuity anymore?

Cesar R M

I'm done with DC. Unless they make Batman: The Brave and the Bold the official continuity.
Right now, the only continuity that I like.. (because its insane) its the multiversity (not the fight for the multiverse one). Its hilarious, dramatic, funny and at same time (btw, love Captain Carrot's new redesign lol)

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Just a random Big Hero 6 sidenote (on the BH6 discussion), we just saw it for the second time this afternoon. Much to our surprise, the theater was PACKED. Not a sellout, but still a very crowded theater. In fact, BH6 let out about 2 or 3 minutes before the Hobbit and had a larger crowd. Granted, it only has 2 shows a day vs. 12 for the Hobbit, but it was still nice to see.

Just did quick numbers check and great to see that in Week 8 of release, it is still close to (if not in) the top 10. Up to $330 Million worldwide and just released in Japan (still not included in that total) and still not released in UK. Glad to see quality getting the recognition (still) and $$ it deserves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom