Big Hero 6

EricJ

Ah, the coming-soon trailer to the....coming-soon trailer. o_O

(Still, from the screen caps we've seen, looks like it'll mostly be about Hiro and His Flying Robot as the central focus, and the other four will be kept for the next trailer.
Disney's started to learn the Pixar approach of giving us a lot of a very little, over a long period of time, but here, they've only got two months out of the blue to do it.)

Sped2424

Original Poster
Ah, the coming-soon trailer to the....coming-soon trailer. o_O

(Still, from the screen caps we've seen, looks like it'll mostly be about Hiro and His Flying Robot as the central focus, and the other four will be kept for the next trailer.
Disney's started to learn the Pixar approach of giving us a lot of a very little, over a long period of time, but here, they've only got two months out of the blue to do it.)
The film doesn't come out till november, that's far more than two months.

EricJ

The film doesn't come out till november, that's far more than two months.

(Oops, right, the other Disney/Marvel movie was August. Sorry. I get those Obscure New Marvel Characters confused.
Still, it's a pretty short window, considering we've had almost nothing but the cable car for what must be a year now.)

Sped2424

Original Poster
(Oops, right, the other Disney/Marvel movie was August. Sorry. I get those Obscure New Marvel Characters confused.
Still, it's a pretty short window, considering we've had almost nothing but the cable car for what must be a year now.)
All of frozens trailers came out 2 months before the film and I think that film seems to be doing alright lol

Matt_Black

All of frozens trailers came out 2 months before the film and I think that film seems to be doing alright lol

Indeed. Frozen's trailer hit in the middle of the summer. This seems early. On the other hand, Disney seems to have an easier time marketing "girls' films" to boys than vice versa, so maybe they want the extra time to fine-tune the marketing campaign.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Indeed. Frozen's trailer hit in the middle of the summer. This seems early. On the other hand, Disney seems to have an easier time marketing "girls' films" to boys than vice versa, so maybe they want the extra time to fine-tune the marketing campaign.
That and remember frozen was going through some serious fine tuning up until I believe july was when they announced the film was finally done.

Bairstow

tumblr_n5vftn3WUb1ri697yo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5vftn3WUb1ri697yo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5vftn3WUb1ri697yo3_1280.jpg

New stills revealed today of Hiro building baymax or really tinkering with him because he used to be just a medical robot.

I'm excited about this project, but is it just me or does the main character look like a barely re-tooled version of Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians?

Sped2424

Original Poster
I'm excited about this project, but is it just me or does the main character look like a barely re-tooled version of Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians?
I think the jackets and hair are similar. But hiro should be shedding those rather quickly to suit up for the rest of the film!

Matt_Black

Actually, with the hair, eyes, and slim build, I was thinking he looked like the dude from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.

Cesar R M

Girls can't be into super heroes? Not to mention go go tomago and honey lemon are both key players in this film.
I mean about disney's main selling point being the princess type movies (tangled, frozen, frog prince..etc..)
Pixar having their own group. :O
Actually, with the hair, eyes, and slim build, I was thinking he looked like the dude from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.
the guy from cloudy is so simplified and silly I dont think they really look similar thanks to the huge style differences. But I get your point.. We'd have to see how this guy behaves in the big hero movie to see if they indeed have the same everything.

EricJ

As for the nurse robot, I was thinking "Studio Ghibli's Baymax". (Which, given Lasseter, is likely.)

Matt_Black

I mean about disney's main selling point being the princess type movies (tangled, frozen, frog prince..etc..)

I don't necessarily think that's true. Granted, for the past 25 years, the Princess films have dominated the public consciousness, but there was a good span (post-Tarzan to Bolt) where there weren't any Princess films. Wreck-It Ralph wasn't very Princessy either, and that did alright for itself.

Cesar R M

I don't necessarily think that's true. Granted, for the past 25 years, the Princess films have dominated the public consciousness, but there was a good span (post-Tarzan to Bolt) where there weren't any Princess films. Wreck-It Ralph wasn't very Princessy either, and that did alright for itself.

you're right, Wreck it Ralph had Princess President Vanellope Von Schweetz ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom