News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

ppete1975

Yeah. It must have been a great ride. Shame I never got to go on it, it was removed before I was even born. :p I don't even go on Mission Space, lol

Still though, if Splash Mountain or Soarin closed, I wouldn't still be heavily complaining about it 20 years later. I'm not directing that guy specifically, in fact I wouldn't say that was a bad idea at all if Horizons was really as good as people say, but I say that to the whole forum really. Doesn't make any sense to continue to cry about it 20 years later.
IF they closed haunted mansion, pirates or spacemountain.. I'm pretty sure wed hear about it for the next 50 years. Yes the subs closed (many of us miss them still, and mr toad etc).. but those made sense to a point. A park with only a few rides to lose one of its most beloved... (now wom, energy, imagination, horizons, odyssey, wol), now imagine that magic kingdom closed haunted mansion pirates, space mountain and splash... I think people wouldn't forget...

smile

I always thought the Cronkite version was my favorite. But after viewing them both back to back, I think the Irons one wins out.

i like walter better and prefer the more straightforward broadcaster approach as opposed to the slightly more flowery actor approach...
both did great work, however, and both are excellent versions, so it comes down to opinion, as they both largely accomplished what they set out to.

for me, the most recent iteration is one step forward, one step sideways... then falling down backwards :confused:

mikejs78

Premium Member
i like walter better and prefer the more straightforward broadcaster approach as opposed to the slightly more flowery actor approach...
both did great work, however, and both are excellent versions, so it comes down to opinion, as they both largely accomplished what they set out to.

for me, the most recent iteration is one step forward, one step sideways... then falling down backwards :confused:
I think I prefer Cronkite's narration as well, but only by a hair. It's that epic descent with the music and the optimistic vision of future possibilities - it feels grand, timeless, and awe-inspiring - and although the Tomorrow's Child descent is great, it can't compare in the sheer epic scope to the Irons descent.

And whoever thought that replacing that epic work of art with what the current version has should have their head examined.

Bocabear

I don't know why they don't put the "it's always some sort of festival" center in one of the Communicore buildings, and let the old Life pavilion be a real pavilion again.
AMEN! and it would make sense to have the Festival Center be one of the first buildings you encounter after passing under the Geosphere... it would be the literal hub for whatever festival is currently going on...
Festival Center is such a waste of a beautiful pavilion....

mikejs78

Premium Member
AMEN! and it would make sense to have the Festival Center be one of the first buildings you encounter after passing under the Geosphere... it would be the literal hub for whatever festival is currently going on...

Make West a Meet&Greet/Festival Center and East a true "Innoventions" center again? Then make WoL a real pavillion.

crxbrett

I think the '86-'94 Cronkite version is my favorite, too. But it might be because it was the first version I got to experience. I think the perfect SSE experience for me would be the Cronkite narration with the Irons score but still retaining the 'Tomorrow's Child' finale and song. Don't get me wrong, I still love the current Dench version, too. But it's definitely a step down from the previous versions. More so with the descent and finale.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I think the '86-'94 Cronkite version is my favorite, too. But it might be because it was the first version I got to experience. I think the perfect SSE experience for me would be the Cronkite narration with the Irons score but still retaining the 'Tomorrow's Child' finale and song. Don't get me wrong, I still love the current Dench version, too. But it's definitely a step down from the previous versions. More so with the descent and finale.
As much as I like Tomorrow's Child, it does feel a bit dated and I don't think it would appeal to modern audiences (unless they redid it with more modern musical style). The beauty of the Irons descent is that the score is timeless and the narration is epic.

aladdin2007

As much as I like Tomorrow's Child, it does feel a bit dated and I don't think it would appeal to modern audiences (unless they redid it with more modern musical style). The beauty of the Irons descent is that the score is timeless and the narration is epic.

They could easily do that the way they did with O Canada, in fact at one time back during the 07 changes I think, there was a rumor that a new version would be recorded by singer Kelli Coffrey. Nothing ever came of it sadly.

bcoachable

Kind of like a convention center....
for the festivals! Perfect!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom