News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Disstevefan1

The lack of height for that stage seems like a big mistake.
The ability to view what's going on on it, especially for shorter people and young ones is going to be very difficult.
Seems they didn't think about that.
Communicore was a "lest rush to get this last thing done" thing I think.

That said, I wonder how much thought they put into the entire EPCOT renovation?

WDWBryan

First Look Inside EPCOT's New CommuniCore Hall​

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56344.jpg

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56348.jpg

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56345.jpg
That's it?

Clamman73

The lack of height for that stage seems like a big mistake.
The ability to view what's going on on it, especially for shorter people and young ones is going to be very difficult.
Seems they didn't think about that.
I always thought it would be used as an ambient musician platform to provide atmosphere for the area around the "beer garden". Didn't think it was for Zumba classes.

SoFloMagic

Weird. Originally, the whole purpose of this (I thought…) was that they’d move the festival concerts here, have tons of open space for people to come and go from the music, have some food, stop by the beer garden, etc.

Now, I’m not sure what the purpose is. The spine feels like another “too many cooks in the kitchen” project with no overarching vision.
Isn't this to replace the fountain view stage? So the gospel choir, art defying gravity, etc?

Horizonsfan

I appreciate having the space at least open during non-festival times. More spaces to escape the heat and rain are always worthwhile.*

That said, the non-festival decor could have been easy. A new version of the Epcot timeline that existed there previously, some props from the archives, and generalized previews of the festivals to entice the normies to come back. If you wanna get crazy, maybe play an old park music loop in the interior.

* - ignoring the idiocy of not just retaining the CC West shell from the start.

Isn't this to replace the fountain view stage? So the gospel choir, art defying gravity, etc?
That was certainly how they sold it since the reveal of CH. It was never meant to be a major entertainment destination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom