News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

La Calle Band at CommuniCore Plaza​

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56363.jpg

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56359.jpg

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56364.jpg

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56365.jpg

UNCgolf

I just don’t understand the need for Communicore Hall. There’s literally the Odyssey building just across the park that functions the same way and the World Showplace tent is there for special occasions too.

It would be nice if Communicore Hall meant they'd eliminate the World Showplace tent and use that for a new country (or even just a substantial ride for the UK, like a great Mary Poppins dark ride), but I don't see that happening.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I just don’t understand the need for Communicore Hall. There’s literally the Odyssey building just across the park that functions the same way and the World Showplace tent is there for special occasions too.
You need enough flex space to use it to lure guests to spend money as well as set aside other flex space for private parties that you charge big bucks for.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It would be nice if Communicore Hall meant they'd eliminate the World Showplace tent and use that for a new country (or even just a substantial ride for the UK, like a great Mary Poppins dark ride), but I don't see that happening.
There are still plenty of empty pads around World Showcase for new pavilions and/or rides before needing to raze existing structures.

Remember: don't replace, *add.* Right? ;)

prberk

Wow, So they built a hotel convention center in the hub of EPCOT...Not only bland an uninspiring, but literally plain and looking like a temporary fix. Wallpaper graphics galore. It should be sponsored by Epson Digital Printers.
And for the big reveal THAT is the bigi wow show they put together?
Would have been cute as a temporary show in a Colombia themed area for Food and Wine, but the opening show for this 7 years of construction pavilion should be spectacular and memorable... not a sing along cartoon show. No disrespect for the performers that were doing a great job....
Can’t agree more. Yay! A hospital lobby or bland convention center!

Moth

As much as I dislike them sowmtimes, I don't think 🍎 would be the worst choice for SSE. Isn’t a certain car manufacturer/rocket company rumored to be sponsoring something?

I know Kodak is in no position to sponsor i! again. Is Chiquita still sponsoring LwtL?

Tesla/Space X is not getting involved with Disney in any way, Disney does not desire to get involved with them either.

UNCgolf

There are still plenty of empty pads around World Showcase for new pavilions and/or rides before needing to raze existing structures.

Remember: don't replace, *add.* Right? ;)

The World Showplace barely counts as an existing structure -- it was intended to be a temporary tent; not something that was going to stick around for decades.

But yes, they don't need it for a new country right now (or probably ever; I doubt they'll ever fill up the existing pads with new countries). I'd love to see them use it for a UK attraction, though.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom