News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

TheMaxRebo

The fountain at least had kinetic energy, this looks like it has...none at all at least in the daytime. I'm guessing the lights will give it some more at nighttime.

Seems very underwhelming for the amount of time it took and the other plans they previously had (not even referring to the "table" thing but the other things they previously announced)

"Activation Alcove" is a super cringey name...what are people "activating"?

There still is to come the Comunicore area which will have live music playing so that will be an element of action for the area

Just think it all needs to settle and take it as full new area that blends with the rest of the front of the park, not an individual attraciton

Brer Oswald

but it wasn't done in isolation - this had to close first and open last but at the same time this was being done they also did:
- Cosmic Rewind
- Remy's Ratatoulie Adventure
- expanded France Pavilion
- Journey of Water
- Front entrance
- Lights on SSE
- Plus the center of what is now World Celebration

now, maybe 4 years is still too long for all of that, but it wasn't that they literally just did some planters and nothing else in 4 years - it was all part of the same package
The Center was walled off for 4 years. If it didn’t take 4 years to do it, then they shouldn’t have closed it so early.

lazyboy97o

Putting my general public hat on, who likely is unaware of how long this project may have taken: I think this looks quite beautiful and adds a great amount of greenery to a park that needed it. Looks creative and lovely.
They may not know but they have still been negatively impacted by the project. It consumed significant resources, particularly with regard to aspects that never made sense and which were eventually abandoned (mainly the festival center).

Ragerunner

This is exactly what EPCOT’s ‘future world’ area needed. A green oasis at its heart. The front of the park finally has a place you just want to hangout in. I consider this a big win.
Also, after walking around and looking at all the lighting systems this area has it is going to be spectacular at night.

https://youtube.com/shorts/RSpcecwHLag?si=s_i4tqnL4ZrORLvp

Last edited:

Clamman73

These areas just more planter areas or shallow water features kinda like France pavilion. Give us something.
IMG_2266.jpeg

Cmdr_Crimson

I still think they should’ve placed a plaque in front of the statue that says.. "This isn't my city!" Or should have been Card Walker instead since he was more immersed in the creation of what we have..

dizneycrazy09

Putting my general public hat on, who likely is unaware of how long this project may have taken: I think this looks quite beautiful and adds a great amount of greenery to a park that needed it. Looks creative and lovely.
This right here. This is the reason quality has gone down over the last 20 years. WDI used to design to exceed expectations and give guests things the average person could never dream of existing. Now, they design for “good enough” and “meets the average guests expectations.” WDI should be designing to shock and inspire. This shopping mall park may shock but not in a good way, and it certainly doesn’t inspire. It’s just “fine” in every sense of the word.

No eight year old is going to walk into this space and say, “I want to work for Disney one day so that I can design something like THIS!” And that’s what is so terribly disappointing about this project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom