News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

tiborlando

I absolutely love these new gardens and I can't wait to see it ! 😍
I will definitely sit and relax there (As someone who cannot ride Mission Space due to motion sickness, at least now I have a nice outdoor place to sit while waiting for my party).

I agree with people saying that it took too long, however I'd like to point that the 'construction' itself only took like 1.5year.
The area closed 4 years ago and then we lost 6 months due to covid lockdowns.
Demolition then took 1.5year (as per Bioreconstruct aerials) and it looks like we lost another 6-months due to redesign etc.
Also don't forget they had to build all this within an actual LIVE park with guests all around the site during the day, which made it harder for like material deliveries, construction machines etc.

Cmdr_Crimson

I will say that Walt statue overlooking the thematic mess this park has become is the perfect (unintended) representation of this company’s cynicism.
This is what the Disney parks blog states about "said" statue..
This new statue, entitled “Walt the Dreamer,” represents Walt later in his life when he was dreaming up the overall Florida Project and the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. He sits with a sense of fulfillment, enjoying the beauty of his realized dream: a park that represents pure optimism and truly celebrates the magic of possibility. 🙄
d56b0760-2ce9-4848-a66d-c8cee103ceb2_text.gif

osian

This is what the Disney parks blog states about "said" statue..

d56b0760-2ce9-4848-a66d-c8cee103ceb2_text.gif
This is what I was thinking. The dedication speech also talked about possibilties and hope for the future but then I think about Remy's Ratatouiile Adventure, Frozen Ever After, Guardians of the Galaxy, Finding Nemo, Beauty and the Beast sing-along, and Iger and d'Amaro talking about more Disney movie promotion in the parks and I wonder if different parts of the same company ever talk to each other. Musn't be pessimistic though, let's see what happens next....

denyuntilcaught

This right here. This is the reason quality has gone down over the last 20 years. WDI used to design to exceed expectations and give guests things the average person could never dream of existing. Now, they design for “good enough” and “meets the average guests expectations.” WDI should be designing to shock and inspire. This shopping mall park may shock but not in a good way, and it certainly doesn’t inspire. It’s just “fine” in every sense of the word.

No eight year old is going to walk into this space and say, “I want to work for Disney one day so that I can design something like THIS!” And that’s what is so terribly disappointing about this project.
WDI used to also understand how inspiration can be drawn from a project that is the sum of its parts. Candidly, I didn't find the previous spine any more or less inspiring and if anything, was discouraged by how dated it seemed.

Cmdr_Crimson

This is what I was thinking. The dedication speech also talked about possibilties and hope for the future but then I think about Remy's Ratatouiile Adventure, Frozen Ever After, Guardians of the Galaxy, Finding Nemo, Beauty and the Beast sing-along, and Iger and d'Amaro talking about more Disney movie promotion in the parks and I wonder if different parts of the same company ever talk to each other. Musn't be pessimistic though, let's see what happens next....
At this point just bring back Great Moments at the Movies pavillion that was planned before the studios was created..
moviepavilion1-jpg.639176

Cmdr_Crimson

cookiee_munster

I think it looks great. Comparing it to the concrete jungle it was before, a lot more greenery is what was needed. There was never going to be an attraction in this area, and what's been built is something where guests can just go and relax. A Disney vacation can seem very much like running around like a headless chicken having to do this, do that, see this, see that. This area just creates that opportunity to just take a breath.

Oh, and the Pinar Toprak music loop is fab! 😁

SplashJacket

Epcot probably has more water for guests to see than all of the other parks combined...FoN was impressive in the 1980s and 1990s but had become rather dated.

I want to see a walkthrough tonight, especially during a SSE light show.
And if you want active water features in the Hub, EPiC will be the the place for you.

jrhwdw

Epcot probably has more water for guests to see than all of the other parks combined...FoN was impressive in the 1980s and 1990s but had become rather dated.

I want to see a walkthrough tonight, especially during a SSE light show.
The original plan was to have SSE Show Audio in World Celebration I think? Still the Plan?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom