News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Fear

but it wasn't done in isolation - this had to close first and open last but at the same time this was being done they also did:
- Cosmic Rewind
- Remy's Ratatoulie Adventure
- expanded France Pavilion
- Journey of Water
- Front entrance
- Lights on SSE
- Plus the center of what is now World Celebration

now, maybe 4 years is still too long for all of that, but it wasn't that they literally just did some planters and nothing else in 4 years - it was all part of the same package

The area as it is now was also designed post-demolition, which extended the time dramatically.

mattpeto

Has there been an images of what this area looks at night yet? I don't recall seeing anything from yesterday's media event. This could be a difference maker too IMO.

Squishy

Camera went poof! Wonder if we'll see some sort of timelapse or if they'll just archive it.
Yesterday:
1701790939914.png

Today:
1701790955881.png

lazyboy97o

I understand there was a pandemic pause and such but it just boggles my mind something like this took 4 years. I mean it's planters and walkways. Demolition was complete waaay back.
It wasn’t just paused but significantly redesigned.

but it wasn't done in isolation - this had to close first and open last but at the same time this was being done they also did:
- Cosmic Rewind
- Remy's Ratatoulie Adventure
- expanded France Pavilion
- Journey of Water
- Front entrance
- Lights on SSE
- Plus the center of what is now World Celebration

now, maybe 4 years is still too long for all of that, but it wasn't that they literally just did some planters and nothing else in 4 years - it was all part of the same package
“They” is a bit of a misnomer. There wasn’t just one small team fully responsible for juggling all of these projects. Several of them were discrete projects with their own full time teams.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The fountain at least had kinetic energy, this looks like it has...none at all at least in the daytime. I'm guessing the lights will give it some more at nighttime.

Seems very underwhelming for the amount of time it took and the other plans they previously had (not even referring to the "table" thing but the other things they previously announced)

"Activation Alcove" is a super cringey name...what are people "activating"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom