News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Cmdr_Crimson

That looks like a very poor design/execution. It doesn't look like it would provide much shade. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
*Innoventions Canopy* - Hold my Overpriced Starbucks.
1722035589987.png

Chef idea Mickey`=

Truly incredible, this is probably one of the most innovative concepts Iā€™ve ever seen at a theme park.

It even has this futuristic game with a rectangle that has a circle cut out of it, that you can throw an object called a ā€œbeanbagā€ at. The future is now people.
Look's like Telletubbies šŸŒ±šŸ¤£

Kind of ironic the first thing they did was remove the canopy and now the last thing is install the canopy. šŸ˜¶

Seeing that flex space behind walls I couldn't imagine what they'd do there.. Looks like it's back to some sort of playground area as maybe before it was.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

Bigger fish to fry then complain about a flex space...
This is basically how I feel, and I am one of those who gets annoyed when fonts don't look exactly period appropriate!

I know the little details matter in terms of theme parks, but this one seems like a "pick your battles" case. It's fine, serves a purpose, and more or less fades into the background. Must say I am mystified to see people nostalgic for the horrible central spine shade structure. Complaining about this and lamenting that being torn down that suggests an aversion to change more than anything.

Sir_Cliff

Personally, I like amazing, creative change and hate terrible change.

This is all terrible change.
Then what would have counted as an amazing, creative change when designing an area that can serve for rest and decompression but also provide some space for booths or possibly other things during festivals?

If you think anything short of the architectural equivalent of a unicorn dancing into a starburst is not creative enough for that kind of space, I don't think you would have liked the original EPCOT Center which had a very contemporary 1980s vibe.

Last edited:

Epcot81Fan

Then what would have counted as an amazing, creative change when designing an area that can serve for rest and decompression but also provide some space for booths or possibly other things during festivals?

If you think anything short of the architectural equivalent of a unicorn dancing into a starburst is not creative enough for that kind of space, I don't think you would have liked the original EPCOT Center which had a very contemporary 1980s vibe.
If you think vaginal planters are absolutely remarkable, god bless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom