News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

jrhwdw

The only reason it existed at all is to get people from the north entrance into the park. Now that the center area is open, it's no longer needed.

I'm looking forward to when World Nature becomes a corner, honestly.
True, I just know that The Bypass at MK helps HEA and Park Close.

PREMiERdrum

While I wish (like all of us) that there was a bit more substance, this is very, very, very well done.

Lots of visual and navigational textures, useful spaces, and design-wise a strong sense of "it goes" instead of "it matches."

It's one water feature away from the absolute best we possibly could have expected from today's organization.

Ayla

The music should be in the background. I shouldn't have to raise my voice to talk to other people in my party.

(Unless the videos are taken while standing right next to speakers, the background music is too loud.)

mattpeto

I understand there was a pandemic pause and such but it just boggles my mind something like this took 4 years. I mean it's planters and walkways. Demolition was complete waaay back.
I mean everything took too long overall I agree. But it wasn't the only project that Epcot was working on though...front of Epcot and lighting, two firework shows (Harmonious and Luminous), Remy's and the France pavilion expansion, Guardians, JoW. There was certainly "balls in the air" but yes it took too long, but I'm just ready to move forward.

It's also possible that JoW had to be complete before they could finish this area but I don't know that for sure. Just a theory.

IMDREW

I would have loved a bit more stuff to explore. Like the Walt statue, and what the wishing tree would have become and more of that. Just little things you could find throughout the gardens. Now it's just the greenery and seating. But overall I really like it.

JohnD

As I expected, a New Guidemap is out!
Website map updated. They haven't yet uploaded the latest guidemap there yet.

1701787868803.png

jrhwdw

I mean everything took too long overall I agree. But it wasn't the only project that Epcot was working on though...front of Epcot and lighting, two firework shows (Harmonious and Luminous), Remy's and the France pavilion expansion, Guardians, JoW. There was certainly "balls in the air" but yes it took too long, but I'm just ready to move forward.

It's also possible that JoW had to be complete before they could finish this area but I don't know that for sure. Just a theory.
3 really, if you count EF.

tparris

The music should be in the background. I shouldn't have to raise my voice to talk to other people in my party.

(Unless the videos are taken while standing right next to speakers, the background music is too loud.)
I’m sitting in the garden outside Connections right now, and there are close to a dozen speakers as well as a subwoofer surrounding me. While yes, the music is fairly loud, it’s definitely not too loud as to detract from anything. I can still clearly hear guests’ conversations at tables next to me.

tparris

Would also be cool to have some small water features in the curvy Creation Garden instead of the blue planters, IMO.
This. I honestly thought they might have been for some sort of small water feature seeing them when they were first installed from bio’s aerials, but they seem to be more of just an artistic choice than anything more substantial.

tparris

My biggest complaint right now (not really to do with the gardens) is that they have the Jammitors going like every 30 minutes so far which imo completely destroys the relaxing atmosphere they’re going for here… I can barely listen to the new loop over them
Might I add that the Jammitors are not in their usual spot at the east end of the breezeway, but instead at random spots near the gardens.

TheMaxRebo

I understand there was a pandemic pause and such but it just boggles my mind something like this took 4 years. I mean it's planters and walkways. Demolition was complete waaay back.

but it wasn't done in isolation - this had to close first and open last but at the same time this was being done they also did:
- Cosmic Rewind
- Remy's Ratatoulie Adventure
- expanded France Pavilion
- Journey of Water
- Front entrance
- Lights on SSE
- Plus the center of what is now World Celebration

now, maybe 4 years is still too long for all of that, but it wasn't that they literally just did some planters and nothing else in 4 years - it was all part of the same package

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom