News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Miss Heinous

Children don't take facts in when it is being presented by a cartoon/brand that is also associated with the original work they came from, i.e. a movie first character. If you created a character just for the parks like that of Cranium Command children take in facts as they are not acknowledged as entertainment first.

Your more likely to learn something about how cars are designed or reasoning behind that with Test Track more so than if Cars characters were in Test Track trying to teach kids.
Ok even though 90% of Baymax's dialogue in Big Hero 6 was about the human body, medicine, and therapy?

lazyboy97o

Considering that the expo in the film was modeled after Innoventions and the film was primarily "Look, kids, science is awesome!", I can't see how anyone would really have a problem with this.
That's quite a stretch to say an exposition was specifically modeled on Innoventions. Besides, if science actually is awesome and that is a message of the film then such a presence is a contradiction; it is saying that science isn't awesome and needs to be disguised with characters.

If you didn't see it then you have no right to judge it.
His judgement has nothing to do with the content of the film.

Miss Heinous

That's quite a stretch to say an exposition was specifically modeled on Innoventions. Besides, if science actually is awesome and that is a message of the film then such a presence is a contradiction; it is saying that science isn't awesome and needs to be disguised with characters.

His judgement has nothing to do with the content of the film.
Really? Did you read the same posts that I read?

Miss Heinous

I have every right to judge what the hell do you think reviews are you look at those and make a judgement if I want to see it.
You haven't seen the movie, you are just going off of other's opinions. That is not a fair assessment in any way, shape, or form. Until you have fully watched the film you cannot judge it. (PERIOD)

Evolution

Children don't take facts in when it is being presented by a cartoon/brand that is also associated with the original work they came from, i.e. a movie first character. If you created a character just for the parks like that of Cranium Command children take in facts as they are not acknowledged as entertainment first.

Your more likely to learn something about how cars are designed or reasoning behind that with Test Track more so than if Cars characters were in Test Track trying to teach kids.

That's not true; I'd argue the opposite, in fact. Kids will pay much more attention to Baymax than some random cartoon character talking about the human body.

But what child really wants to learn while at a theme park anyway?

amjt660

Very interesting hypothesis - do you have any data to back it up?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
lol

I wouldn't get too cynical though. They could be discussing any number of things. How about adding a fourth Soarin' theater? Converting Journey into Imagination into a "lounge" consisting of six tables? Or the Universe of Energy into a Starbucks location?

With the recent things Disney has been coming up with for Epcot... I could believe every one of those.

Luxe

Your adding a cartoon IP to a park which shouldn't have them, if you really want it to have a presence have him take over Chef Mickey . Innoventions should be licensed to Sony(VR), Microsoft(Holograms), Nike/Apple(Wearables), WDI(Robotics(AA)). The Toons have no presence in Epcot. Its the cheapo option for people who can't learn without seeing a Toon ...

If I wanted to see Sony/Microsoft/Apple technology I would go to my local mall and visit their stores that all proudly bombard you with their newest gadgets. I was at the mall a few days ago and there was a huge Samsung area setup in the middle where you could try out their VR headset, watches and other stuff. It was cool for 5 minutes.

Sorry but I don't pay lot's of money visiting Disney World to see crap that I can see 10 minutes from my house in the mall. I'll take cartoon IPs over that junk ANY day of the week. To say that people can't learn without a character is pretty ignorant if you ask me. Don't forget kids go to these parks too and seeing their favorite movie characters in person teaching them about things isn't such a bad thing. Yeah I get it, EPCOT Center was the best but we have to look at where the park is headed which unfortunately is not back to 1980.

Personally I could care less if some IPs leak into Epcot and rides show up in the WS. It doesn't ruin the park for me like it does for some people on here. I guess that's why Disney has 4 parks so you can go to the ones you like :p

HauntedMansionFLA

Hopefully after DAK and DHS get their updates, Disney can turn their focus on EPCOT (wishing it's during the two other parks updates). They have empty pallivions or pallivions being used for a special event that could be turned back into attractions like they were before. EPCOT has so much potential. If they would invest in updating attractions that need some love, it would take pressure off the MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom