News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Disney Analyst

I haven't been following this as closely as I should.

So CommuniCore Hall will hold one meet and greet and food booths during festivals? I know festivals are close to being a year-round thing, but it seems like a lot of prime real estate to devote to things that aren't open all the time.

There is an outdoor stage for entertainment, a meet and greet, and an indoor flex space (I believe) for exhibits or functions related to each festival.

Unsure if food will be inside, I think the thought was that some booths may be added into the garden area eventually.

James Alucobond

Unsure if food will be inside, I think the thought was that some booths may be added into the garden area eventually.
There are definitely 3-4 spaces underneath the long awning on the southern end of CommuniCore that would be the most likely locations to permanently host traditional festival booths. I would imagine some will focus on alcoholic drinks considering the original plans for this area, the nearby stage, and the bar seating available in the adjacent garden. Assuming plans are followed, there will also be 1-2 spaces in Creation Garden and 1 space alongside the back of the Journey of Water restrooms, but I suspect these will just be traditional merchandise kiosks. Whether or not there will be additional food or beverage within the hall is kind of unknowable at this point unless someone has insider access.

Cmdr_Crimson

There is an outdoor stage for entertainment, a meet and greet, and an indoor flex space (I believe) for exhibits or functions related to each festival.

I would have thought they'd bring back that GoTG Awesome Mix show back in some way..In a smaller venue when it's not being use..
maxresdefault.jpg

And yes, it's on the opposite side of the park...Well, this was strangely playing in American Gardens theater on the opposite side as well..

yensid1967

I have a question about the stage at the Communicore...
-How often is there going to be entertainment on that stage? All the time or just during festivals?
Now it has walls up yet AGAIN almost over the entire area to replace concrete, that they should have replaced before they took the walls down, DUH! Now they have a wall maze that guests have to navigate. I and many others are disappointed that they did not incorporate the Dancing Fountain in a new form in the gardens area. That fountain brought many happy faces from guests. They really screwed up Epcot just to put trees and concrete in! I don't think that guests surveys said that!? It looks so BLAH in that area now! And may I add that it took Disney 5 years just to do what they did! Absolutely UNEXCEPTABLE! SOMEONE else has built a new theme park in 5 years!

JohnD

-How often is there going to be entertainment on that stage? All the time or just during festivals?
Now it has walls up yet AGAIN almost over the entire area to replace concrete, that they should have replaced before they took the walls down, DUH! Now they have a wall maze that guests have to navigate. I and many others are disappointed that they did not incorporate the Dancing Fountain in a new form in the gardens area. That fountain brought many happy faces from guests. They really screwed up Epcot just to put trees and concrete in! I don't think that guests surveys said that!? It looks so BLAH in that area now! And may I add that it took Disney 5 years just to do what they did! Absolutely UNEXCEPTABLE! SOMEONE else has built a new theme park in 5 years!
WALLCOT. Sigh. . .

Chef idea Mickey`=

Yup! and on TOP of that you really want to know what will suck even more.. ?
-" People are gonna be comparing AND contrasting both World Celebration with Celestial Park!

I repeat no fountains vs fountains... in a real world EPIC shows you CAN have both☆ and a splash fountain pad!!

yensid1967

We still have the Biergarten if we don't have the Beer Garden
Why does Disney sell alcohol? We all have seen the drunken frenzies, the fights, etc. I DON'T want to believe that Disney is that low to just sell alcohol for a cheap buck while dampening other guests experience!? Maybe they should move the festivals to Disney Springs? This way the locals can enjoy it as well as guests away from the parks! They many get more attendance if it were out of the parks?

Chef idea Mickey`=

Why does Disney sell alcohol? We all have seen the drunken frenzies, the fights, etc. I DON'T want to believe that Disney is that low to just sell alcohol for a cheap buck while dampening other guests experience!? Maybe they should move the festivals to Disney Springs? This way the locals can enjoy it as well as guests away from the parks! They many get more attendance if it were out of the parks?
Why does Disney allow smokers to smoke on block the beautiful international gateway Parisian Bridge tunnel path? Why does the Magic Kingdom smoking section is on the beautiful Grand Floridian walking path walkway... You spend over $900.00 for one night just to be infumed by toxic air when the convenience of that walking path was for you supreme guests!
Disney Springs shouldn't have drinking at the marketplace or Town Center side.. It's societies fault for creating the whole drinking around the world motto and yet Disney doesn't care on limit per day...only exception be samples and one choice to drink regular size.. on top of biergarden...yikes! People need to learn and remoto World Showcase as traveling, eating and pastries around the world!

It isn't World Showcase's fault it's immature that someone has to do an 11 challenge what someone else just did.

Last edited:

wdrive

I quite enjoy sitting having a beer at Epcot thanks. Not everyone is a drunken fool

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Partially because it's a large part of the culture of various countries, which Disney also found when they built Disneyland Paris and tried to open without selling wine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom