News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Skibum1970

Well, they now have the work walls up around the bypass, thus satisfying the need for walls. This may have been answered before but what will happen to that bypass? Will they rip it up or use it for other needs? Kind of wondering what will happen behind the work walls. The pictures showed new concrete being poured around one of the restrooms.

Also, in the area that is taking so (the Rose Walk), what will the area include?

Haymarket2008

Well, they now have the work walls up around the bypass, thus satisfying the need for walls. This may have been answered before but what will happen to that bypass? Will they rip it up or use it for other needs? Kind of wondering what will happen behind the work walls. The pictures showed new concrete being poured around one of the restrooms.

Also, in the area that is taking so (the Rose Walk), what will the area include?

It looks like they are building a access gate right near the Spaceship Earth side bathrooms. I'm assuming most of it will be reconfigured and some aspects of it will be removed.

Horizonsfan

It would appear to be an enhanced version of what was there previously, a flex space for booths and lower demand festival stuff like a play area.

It also seems part of the project is working on the utilities in the area, presumably for Communicore Hall & Plaza.

I have no inside info, but I hope they can effectively utilize the area to reduce the booth crowding near Mexico & Canada.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They'll use it as a holding pen at rope drop for everyone racing to get on Living With the Land.

No one knows.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Construction continues on Rose Walk festival area in EPCOT​

'
Epcot_Full_54724.jpg

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
What was your theory, I am so curious to know...🤭
I'd been thinking it was possibly an expansion of the nearest country, or a new small pavilion, based mostly on the secrecy and the look of the construction. But if it was any part of World Showcase it'd have to be on the lagoon. Maybe still a small building (a shop, a restaurant) but not a part of WSL like I was thinking

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Almost looks like they're prepping this for vertical construction. I have a theory, but I can't be sure (or post it) until I see where this is on a map. Could anyone help me with that?
Could they be building another access way to get to the theater?
If they ever decide to redo the show building for Journey with Figment, they could keep the theater open as along as there was another way to access it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom