News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You wouldn't happen to have any layouts or drawings of the CCore people-mover route, would ya? This whole concept sounds really cool when thought of in combination with the original Epcot Center
I've never seen any. It was intended to follow the circulation corridors. That's why they were originally unobstructed and double height spaces. I've a WEDway video coming out in August that touches on the subject.

Last edited:

P_Radden

The curious part of it is how it would cross the center near SSE? I guess it would have to go over top the Chase Lounge or through/behind it somehow?

I really hope the theme of "double height" spaces is utilized with the upcoming renovations to the Inno/CCore bldgs. It would be nice to have the some of the windows opened back up.

Auggie

Hey guys, new to the wdwmagic forums here!!

So, my sister recently went to Florida Supercon and there was one of those "disney pin trading" booths there. Apparently the guy running the booth goes to the disney parks regularly and mentioned to my sister (who picked out a figment pin for me) that they were planning on closing the ride down soon.

And after reading through these posts, I personally speculate that they might have greenlit the refurbishment, but haven't made it public. For some reason. :cautious:

Just take this possible new info with a grain of salt in the meantime, 'kay?

V_L_Raptor

So, my sister recently went to Florida Supercon and there was one of those "disney pin trading" booths there. Apparently the guy running the booth goes to the disney parks regularly and mentioned to my sister (who picked out a figment pin for me) that they were planning on closing the ride down soon.

And after reading through these posts, I personally speculate that they might have greenlit the refurbishment, but haven't made it public. For some reason. :cautious:

Step one (or nearly step one) should always be to check the permits. Generally, though, pin traders are about as reliable as bus drivers.

Beholder

Hope its remotely true, but anyway, welcome to best forums anywhere!

Bocabear

Hey Disney! Want to make me rush back to WDW after not being there 7 years? Build something great and compelling (not like FEA) at Epcot- and watch me spend big bucks.
I guess the next thing will be Pandora...that will definitely bring in some crowds when it opens... They have not really done any meaningful work at the Studios yet, have they? I know they closed and demolished Catastrophe Canyon, but has anything else of note happened there? At the standard pace for Disney Construction, I don't think any of the Star Wars Land will be open before the 50th... Toy Story Carney Crap Land is supposed to open sooner but I don't think anything has happened in that area yet either...

Ripken10

I guess the next thing will be Pandora...that will definitely bring in some crowds when it opens... They have not really done any meaningful work at the Studios yet, have they? I know they closed and demolished Catastrophe Canyon, but has anything else of note happened there? At the standard pace for Disney Construction, I don't think any of the Star Wars Land will be open before the 50th... Toy Story Carney Crap Land is supposed to open sooner but I don't think anything has happened in that area yet either...
wrong

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
How is it currently your favorite?

For me, up until now, it was my favorite park. I was a childless 20 something DVC owner traveling with just my wife. We loved nights at Epcot. Hanging in the WS, getting a drink in different countries, enjoying meals, watching Illuminations, heading to the Boardwalk afterwards. It was literally the ideal date night. So it was our favorite. Now, we have a 2 year old, and on our next trip Epcot will get a very limited amount of our vacation hours. It has moved down to 4th on our list. If we travel with no kid again though, right back to the top it goes.

Future world though. A disaster.

raymusiccity

So this is confirmed... Wedway coming to Future World. Thanks Martin!

This is the 'People Mover' that Disney had at the Ford Pavilion that I'd vote for !!!

image.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom