News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

TheMaxRebo

I’m genuinely baffled by this. Why would anyone wait an hour plus to get a picture to get a picture with a permanent statue? Is it for social media? Brand loyalty and consumerism? Is these a dark look at the human condition?

Is there a term we use here for fans like this? I feel like these situations come often with merchandise releases like the Figment bucket, but this one is more confusing to me because the merch at least goes out of stock, that statue is going to be there for a while. Not to put anyone down, do what makes you happy, but I genuinely don’t understand what the appeal is here to warrant this wait from, presumably, locals.

we live in a very event driven society so being at something for the first day and being able to post "first" is something many are attracted to

And if they are locals / go all the time and have no other priorities for the day then not really missing out on other stuff, so is what it is.

Vinnie Mac

This picture... I don't know what it is, but you can FEEL this picture. The lights, the heat, the sky... it gets my heart racing. Like a long, satisfying day at the park is being topped off by Beacons, and then off to see Luminous. Just a great feeling.
Say what you will, and I'll say what I will too, but at the end of the day, that kind of magic will never fade. As long as Disney doesn't screw up more stuff.
Exciting day to be an Epcotian!

Incomudro

This picture... I don't know what it is, but you can FEEL this picture. The lights, the heat, the sky... it gets my heart racing. Like a long, satisfying day at the park is being topped off by Beacons, and then off to see Luminous. Just a great feeling.
Say what you will, and I'll say what I will too, but at the end of the day, that kind of magic will never fade. As long as Disney doesn't screw up more stuff.
Yes, it's been quite a while - but this does bring back that memory of those end of the day walks out of Epcot.
The music playing, the fiber optic pavement...
It's nice to see that it's a wonderful experience once again.
Better actually.

ToTBellHop

Walt out back leaning against a wall smoking.
1701818823608.jpeg

Animaniac93-98

I’m genuinely baffled by this. Why would anyone wait an hour plus to get a picture to get a picture with a permanent statue? Is it for social media? Brand loyalty and consumerism? Is these a dark look at the human condition?

Is there a term we use here for fans like this? I feel like these situations come often with merchandise releases like the Figment bucket, but this one is more confusing to me because the merch at least goes out of stock, that statue is going to be there for a while. Not to put anyone down, do what makes you happy, but I genuinely don’t understand what the appeal is here to warrant this wait from, presumably, locals.

Today is Walt's birthday, so there's the double goal of posting a pic with the new statue of him on what is both opening day for the gardens and that occasion.

Having said that, neither of those would be reasons for me to wait an hour for a picture with a statue that will be there tomorrow.

Epcot82Guy

The lighting looks great. (Though I wonder what the on going maintenance will be in current trends.). That, like JoW, adds a wonderful element to FW that was missing after dark.

I do think it needs something like a fountain or kinetic sculpture in the planter (maybe the latter being even better than a fountain).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom