News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

SplashJacket

Bypass still open
IMG_9258.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member
The new background loop by Pinar Toprak will reportedly soon be available on streaming services (no date given yet).

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

They did these really cool kinetic sculptures at Disneyland Paris for the 30th, and they could implement something similar throughout the gardens, geared towards specific festivals or events.

There is a lot of potential still for decorations / kinetics as this spaces moves through time.
I believe it is, in fact, the intention to change the look of the gardens for each festival once CommuniCore opens.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
The new background loop by Pinor Toprak will reportedly soon be available on streaming services (no date given yet).

Yes!

BasiltheBatLord

As someone who hasn't followed this super closely the past few years: what walls are still up? Is it just the corner with the unopened Communicore building?

Earlie the Pearlie

They unfortunately built him as a low capacity ride.
They should have put him at the center of his own, high-capacity attraction... a Waltnimover? A Carousel of Waltness? Or something like Fairytale Hall, where you go off into different rooms with duplicated Walt statues, or even a M&G character with a huge sculpted head like the Bowler Hat guy?

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Disney fans: the new Hub Landscaping will just create a pinch point for crowds trying to get in and out.

Also Disney fans: I want The Fountain back, the one that created a giant pinch point for crowds going in and out.
This will never not be relevant for Disney fans: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase
I have to say…this night lighting package is cooler than the fountain every way. This is such an upgrade!
Agreed! This is one of the best things they've done at Epcot in the last decade. What was once one of the most embarrassing and pathetic parks in Orlando looks to have new life breathed into it again!! I'm eagerly awaiting to see Luminous this evening (via videos) to see if Epcot will become the park I spend my evenings in on my visits.

JustInTime

This will never not be relevant for Disney fans: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase

Agreed! This is one of the best things they've done at Epcot in the last decade. What was once one of the most embarrassing and pathetic parks in Orlando looks to have new life breathed into it again!! I'm eagerly awaiting to see Luminous this evening (via videos) to see if Epcot will become the park I spend my evenings in on my visits.
Fully agree!!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I’m genuinely baffled by this. Why would anyone wait an hour plus to get a picture to get a picture with a permanent statue? Is it for social media? Brand loyalty and consumerism? Is these a dark look at the human condition?

Is there a term we use here for fans like this? I feel like these situations come often with merchandise releases like the Figment bucket, but this one is more confusing to me because the merch at least goes out of stock, that statue is going to be there for a while. Not to put anyone down, do what makes you happy, but I genuinely don’t understand what the appeal is here to warrant this wait from, presumably, locals.
It’s Walt’s birthday today. Tomorrow, it won’t be.

Ever been in Central Park Strawberry Fields on a December 8th vs any other day of the year? Same concept, I should think.

JustInTime

I’m genuinely baffled by this. Why would anyone wait an hour plus to get a picture to get a picture with a permanent statue? Is it for social media? Brand loyalty and consumerism? Is these a dark look at the human condition?

Is there a term we use here for fans like this? I feel like these situations come often with merchandise releases like the Figment bucket, but this one is more confusing to me because the merch at least goes out of stock, that statue is going to be there for a while. Not to put anyone down, do what makes you happy, but I genuinely don’t understand what the appeal is here to warrant this wait from, presumably, locals.
Imagine being there on Walt’s birthday and being one of the FIRST people to get a photo. On opening day. If you’re a Disney family, that’s something you can tell the grandkids. But if it’s not for you, go ride Mission Space idk

James Alucobond

As someone who hasn't followed this super closely the past few years: what walls are still up? Is it just the corner with the unopened Communicore building?
There are still walls at Communicore Hall and Plaza, the back of the Moana restroom building where a kiosk and more seating will be, the area adjacent to the former rose walk, the temporary bypass near Coral Reef, and Wonders of Life (R.I.P.). Canada and Mission: SPACE also have barriers in place for more standard refurbishment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom