News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Bunch of large Planters which are also bar sized tables with chairs. So this is what those Giant Circles were from overhead.
20231205_174550.jpg
20231205_174520.jpg

999th Happy Haunt

EPCOT guests are queuing 60 minutes for a photo with the 'Walt the Dreamer' statue​

I’m genuinely baffled by this. Why would anyone wait an hour plus to get a picture to get a picture with a permanent statue? Is it for social media? Brand loyalty and consumerism? Is these a dark look at the human condition?

Is there a term we use here for fans like this? I feel like these situations come often with merchandise releases like the Figment bucket, but this one is more confusing to me because the merch at least goes out of stock, that statue is going to be there for a while. Not to put anyone down, do what makes you happy, but I genuinely don’t understand what the appeal is here to warrant this wait from, presumably, locals.

James Alucobond

I’m genuinely baffled by this. Why would anyone wait an hour plus to get a picture to get a picture with a permanent statue? Is it for social media? Brand loyalty and consumerism? Is these a dark look at the human condition?

Is there a term we use here for fans like this? I feel like these situations come often with merchandise releases like the Figment bucket, but this one is more confusing to me because the merch at least goes out of stock, that statue is going to be there for a while. Not to put anyone down, do what makes you happy, but I genuinely don’t understand what the appeal is here to warrant this wait from, presumably, locals.
It's definitely weird e-clout amassing from having a picture on the first day.

999th Happy Haunt

At least we don’t have to get out a ruler to know who the biggest fans are, though. I can accept that I’m more modest and don’t even have a Figment popcorn bucket.
I reallyyyyyy dislike how I suspect most people that bring them to the parks use them as a “status symbol” so to speak. There’s no way that’s the most practical way to eat popcorn or that anyone’s buying enough popcorn refills each day to pay off the upfront cost.

Sorry to derail.

Earlie the Pearlie

This picture... I don't know what it is, but you can FEEL this picture. The lights, the heat, the sky... it gets my heart racing. Like a long, satisfying day at the park is being topped off by Beacons, and then off to see Luminous. Just a great feeling.
Say what you will, and I'll say what I will too, but at the end of the day, that kind of magic will never fade. As long as Disney doesn't screw up more stuff.

tparris

It is really beautiful, but it makes the couple misbehaving LEDs on Spaceship Earth (and the one track in the pavement) even more annoying. :D
The thing that bothers me the absolute most is the extremely obvious “seam” in animation on SSE in the middle facing the gardens. It flat out looks bad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom