News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You were at Biergarten? Don't fall into WSL.
GIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz
Wait, don't All Creatures walk that way?

flynnibus

Premium Member
So watching tour videos...

Pros
- It looks like a really nice park!
- Seating! Tons of seating!
- Really impressive mix of trees and not just ground stuff
- some built in seating
- can't believe they have those low chairs, etc
Cons
- It looks like it can be a little difficult to navigate get your bearings. I fear, especially at night, people will get confused on which path/turn to take, etc
- all this seating/lounge area - where are these people going to be coming from that this area is convenient to sit down for their meal, etc?
- upkeep of these tables/chairs is going to be a labor issue
- its still just a big park
- worried what traffic patterns will be like - are we going to need parade crowd control just to keep people on track?

I feel like if this wasn't in the center of a high priced theme park it would be great. Like.. yes.. please Disney come design my gardens outside my business and cafe. But in the center of Futureworld I'm still pretty skeptical. It feels like world showcast is where people are more tired and need a break rather than FW. I am even more skeptical of all this seating and tables staying as it is now.. and then what do we get? The new communicore buildings better deliver something amazing because if all we get out of this EPCOT redo is basically a nice zen garden and seating area for when the weather is nice... I feel like a decade has been lost.

Cmdr_Crimson

Listening to a recording of the new entrance music and my goodness is it wonderful. Grand, epic, inquisitive, mysterious, international. I am going to look forward just sitting and enjoying it with a beer. Did Pinar Toprak do this full loop as well as the main anthem? Because if so it makes me very hopeful for Luminous.

Yes she did...

And even tho it's gone Legacy from the 2003-2020 loop is still a dynamic theme for Epcot that I truly miss hearing as you get closer to the main entrance as it played..

Corylancaster

I’m thinking less splash pad, more Dubai.
Forgive me if I have missed a post about it, but I seem to remember a few years ago you had hinted at there being 3-4 different options they had been considering for the future world overhaul. I believe you had mentioned that you could maybe go in to a little more detail after everything was complete....any chance that is something you might to be willing to do?

flyerjab

I listened to the full new hour loop. It’s really cool that it integrates the instrumental stylings of each of the Epcot pavilions so you’ll have segments that are evocative of the Land or the Seas or Mission Space or Test Track or a World Showcase nation. It’s really well done. I dig it. We now have an entrance loop that integrates WS nations other than just The American Adventure to really tie the park together beautifully.
I think that this soundtrack is incredible. I’ve listened to the entire loop several times already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom