News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Imagine if The Zach has "written" a few things about Rat. I'd wager it would have been chock full about "ingenuity", "originality", "creativeness", etc. For a ride that was cloned from WDSP. Maybe he still will "write" some vapid Instagram post about it in the coming months. Gosh, I can't wait... :rolleyes:

Sir_Cliff

I think this will be an unpopular opinion here and I am skeptical myself, but if there was some logic to the plans for how they're planning to redevelop the central spine I'm honestly interested to hear it even if I ultimately end up disagreeing. The reflexive hatred is getting a little...

comic book guy.jpg

James Alucobond

Geometry. Like ruining it in the middle of the park.
If they really wanted to 'bring back the classic symmetry of EPCOT Center'.....

....then they SHOULD NOT have demo'd the OTHER Communicore building!!

( Absolute morons....!! )
Geometry ≠ symmetry. He never mentions symmetry at all in his post.

I suspect future posts in this series will discuss how they're utilizing the other half of the circular parti pris to inform scale and placement of the western structures and pathways intended to counterbalance what remains of Communicore.

lazyboy97o

So is the original architectural form of Future World World Celebration so important that it needs to be reinforced with functional spaces that reflect the design intent? Or is it so useless that it needs to be demolished and replaced with clutter that has less organization, flexibility, and style?

You can't have it both ways.
He’s clearly going to the con architecture students first learn for themselves, come up with anything and then make diagrams to justify that design. Invoking parti is particularly laughable when it is so clearly missing across the entire “evolution,” be it the destruction of CommuniCore, the looming Coaster-in-a-Box, the lift stations in World Showcase Lagoon or the rat alley in France. Things are just plopped down, not part of a parti and, more important to a themed park, le grande marche, the experience of moving through space.

aladdin2007

Ya know....

If they really wanted to 'bring back the classic symmetry of EPCOT Center'.....

....then they SHOULD NOT have demo'd the OTHER Communicore building!!

( Absolute morons....!! )

:banghead:

It's statements like this that make some of us want to bash some heads against a wall due to the utter STUPIDITY we are witnessing.

:facepalm:

-
this all the way!! he is just full of beeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom