News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I wonder where that was located at?

South of the fountain. When the big open and barren stage viewing area.... Wasn't.

By the flag pole.

image.png

The right side group of people? Below the person in white on the right.

Am I good or what?

MagicHappens1971

Am I the only one who would be cool with re-theming Test Track into Cars? WOM isn't coming back so...
I really miss the original Epcot. I hated this park as a kid but honestly I miss so much of this park as an adult. Craziness!
Radiator Springs Racers is almost the exact same thing as Test Track....

Marc Davis Fan

What really stands out to me from the 1989 video (besides the existence of Horizons) was the color scheme of the Journey Into Imagination building and the fullly-visible World of Motion building (without the scaffolding). JII looked so beautiful and downright profound. It just goes to show how these seemingly minor cosmetic alterations have changed the "feel" of Future World (because the original imagineering took into account how the buildings would complement each other).

But it also gives me hope that Future World is fully capable of looking and feeling that way again.

mimitchi33

I bet the picture with only three people was taken in the early morning. And I've seen that 1989 monorail video. Woah, was it crowded. Though it's not as bad as the crowds shown on another page online about EPCOT'a crowds when it first opened.

Soarin' Over Pgh

View attachment 147433

The right side group of people? Below the person in white on the right.

Am I good or what?

Yes, you are, but I think you already know that. ;)

Look at all the green space, trees, shade and benches and yet they could still acomodate a good size crowd. Sigh....

Now my feelings are hurt. :( I see the exact spot where heat sickness kicked in for me last time... and... it's shaded. A double smack across the face.

Bocabear

I might be the only one that like leave a legacy maybe if they re-do it with color pictures it would be even better
oh you are the one....
It was a fun idea initially but I don't think anyone leaving a legacy ever thought it would be the gigantic cemetary that it has become... Take the plates off the monuments and put them on the walls of the plaza discarding the monuments completely... or move the monuments plates and all to the sidewalk that goes to the bus loop... set in some landscaping it might look more appropriate... and then recasst the original Acrylic Pylon and restore the entry fountain!!.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom