News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Alejandro

I'm sorry, but to me WoL was a fail from the start. It had a bad ST spin-off simulator ride (that was filled with factual errors), Cranium Command (which might have been cute for kids, but as a 20-something when I saw it, just annoying), and a sex education film (a perfect subject for a theme park). And a series of shops and minor exhibits. I agree that the theme of the building was - and still would be - appropriate for EP, but they've got to do better on a reboot.
I forsee Cranium Command born with Inside Out.
Kitchen Cabaret was fun though....

seabreezept813

Would love if they added Brazil as a country, I think it would make an excellent addition.

Brazillian bbq would be an easy way to rake in $$ as well and is not costly to make. If they need government cooperation then forget it. But at least they have a mascot (looking at you Carioca).

seabreezept813

I'm sorry, but to me WoL was a fail from the start. It had a bad ST spin-off simulator ride (that was filled with factual errors), Cranium Command (which might have been cute for kids, but as a 20-something when I saw it, just annoying), and a sex education film (a perfect subject for a theme park). And a series of shops and minor exhibits. I agree that the theme of the building was - and still would be - appropriate for EP, but they've got to do better on a reboot.

I could not disagree more. My whole family loved this pavillion growing up-kids, teens, adults. Cranium Command was fun and unique. Body Wars was enjoyable. We even enjoyed the Making of Me film..somehow Martin Short makes it all okay. Then there was the interactive elments where you could "bike" around Disney. I think the idea of having a family friendly pavillion that focuses on health is a great idea and might be even more beneficial today. I absolutely agree it could be modernized, but it still had a good thing going.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I could not disagree more. My whole family loved this pavillion growing up-kids, teens, adults. Cranium Command was fun and unique. Body Wars was enjoyable. We even enjoyed the Making of Me film..somehow Martin Short makes it all okay. Then there was the interactive elments where you could "bike" around Disney. I think the idea of having a family friendly pavillion that focuses on health is a great idea and might be even more beneficial today. I absolutely agree it could be modernized, but it still had a good thing going.
It certainly did. And certainly was.

brb1006

I could not disagree more. My whole family loved this pavilion growing up-kids, teens, adults. Cranium Command was fun and unique. Body Wars was enjoyable. We even enjoyed the Making of Me film..somehow Martin Short makes it all okay. Then there was the interactive elements where you could "bike" around Disney. I think the idea of having a family friendly pavilion that focuses on health is a great idea and might be even more beneficial today. I absolutely agree it could be modernized, but it still had a good thing going.
Don't forget the area music

lazyboy97o

Was just at the opening of Shanghai Disneyland this week. Tron was in my top for favorite exclusives. The show building is not exposed at all. When you come out of the building you are being uploaded to the grid which is entirely indoors. The entire outdoor portion of the ride aka exterior queue and walkway is mainly covered by the canopy which is nothing but spectacular at night. The overall tomorrowland area at Shanghai left me speechless. That is what tomorrowland needs to be!
Tomorrowland is an utter mess without focus that ignores six decades of theme park design philosophy.

Last edited:

Wikkler

Brazillian bbq would be an easy way to rake in $$ as well and is not costly to make. If they need government cooperation then forget it. But at least they have a mascot (looking at you Carioca).
The only pavilion to have ever received money from the government is Morocco, I believe...

GeneralKnowledge

With all due respect, Cranium Command was not necessarily aimed at children. It had a great cast (John lovitz, bobcat goldthwait, Kevin nealon, dana carvey, George wendt, and Charles grodin)and was very well written. The comedy in the writing was very dense. It was fast paced so if you didn't pay attention you'd miss a lot of the humor.

odmichael

Now since that Frozen thing is over, what about Future World?

bcf89787b054ba512c777abfad16fff4.jpg

OliveMcFly

Am I the only one who would be cool with re-theming Test Track into Cars? WOM isn't coming back so...
I really miss the original Epcot. I hated this park as a kid but honestly I miss so much of this park as an adult. Craziness!

clemmo

Going to be very interesting to see if they decide to put more ip's into WS as part of the overall Epcot revamp. I really would rather see them focus on FW and not have them take money out of that budget for WS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom