News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Flynnwriter

Changes list..
1. Bulldoze imagination- they ruined it long ago.
2. Gut mission space and install all new gps ride.
3. Reopen revamped health pavilion
4. New media and stare of the art dinosaurs and effects at energy.
5. Stop painting every building 14 colors.

P_Radden

Changes list..
1. Bulldoze imagination- they ruined it long ago. Keep the shell structure and gut the ride. Do it right with trackless ride vehicles like Mystic Manor.
2. Gut mission space and install all new gps ride. When is HP's sponsorship up for renewal?
3. Reopen revamped health pavilion So much opportunity for many possibilites...
4. New media and stare of the art dinosaurs and effects at energy. <This
5. Stop painting every building 14 colors. Make Communicore/Innoventions buildings grand as they once were if not more.
6. Re-imagineer main entrance and remove the grave yard
@marni1971 eh?

Fantasmicguy

Spoiler for the new Soarin' here but does the look of Future World in the finale potentially tell us anything about future Epcot developments - or lack of?
Well you can't see the interiors of the building so I'm guessing the rides can change but we won't see them. Or maybe Disney just doesn't care if the video becomes outdated in the future.

aaronml

Well you can't see the interiors of the building so I'm guessing the rides can change but we won't see them. Or maybe Disney just doesn't care if the video becomes outdated in the future.
Disney will most likely re-shoot the Epcot finale after the overhaul is complete. They are not going to delay/cancel necessary work in order to save a negligible (in the grand scheme of things) amount of money on not having to re-shoot the finale.

FigmentJedi

Speaking of the original facade for Living Seas, someone at epcotlegacy meticulously recreated the Tim Delaney mural (you know, before it was defaced with Nemo) and converted it for use as a computer wallpaper. Love the results-
Seaset-WIDE.png

If I'm not mistaken the new Finding Dory film takes place in an aquarium/research center. Do you think if the movie does well we could see an update that is more education based and the aquarium would be the star as opposed to the characters even if the characters are still included? It is kind of wishful thinking but it is possible and something to discuss or think about.

If Nemo has to stay in Epcot, the Marine Institute would be a tasteful way to use the property versus the crap that's in there now. De-rehash the ride, give it an educational focus with Sigourney Weaver narrating and you're golden.

Rmm98

Whenever I start to think about a Future World overhaul I tend to think about what Disney would do with the Wonders of Life pavilion. Because the pavilion practically sits vacant except for special events during the most of the year. When I started thinking of ways that they could redo the pavilion instead of coming up with a new idea. The only viable option I could see them coming up with was an Inside Out themed pavilion revolving around psychology. But I stumbled upon this article on Oh My Disney website which talks about an upcoming short film Disney Animation is premiering in front of Moana called Inner Workings. I thought if the short is received well I think that the short could provide a really interesting theming while still staying true to what Future World is all about. I posted the link to the article below it even has some cool artwork from the short:

https://ohmy.disney.com/insider/201...-new-inner-workings-image-is-totally-amazing/

slipperalwaysfits

The devil is always in the details, but I like the sound of "major plans to overhaul Epcot." I just want to live to see it.

DF and I were talking about this last night, we are thinking they will take down the Universe of Energy and fingers crossed, put in the TRON coaster.

Odds are the "Major plan" is to finish the toonification and wipe out whats left of Epcot's original mission statement.

Who knows? As much as I like World Showcase and Frozen, I can see why they'd tie Frozen there, but I don't think WALT wanted complete "toonification," and so much of EPCOT should be about imagination and exploring. I can see them tying INSIDE OUT into a big section about the brain, but it would be so neat to go to a theme park and learn about the inner workings of the brain!

odmichael

DF and I were talking about this last night, we are thinking they will take down the Universe of Energy and fingers crossed, put in the TRON coaster.

Who knows? As much as I like World Showcase and Frozen, I can see why they'd tie Frozen there, but I don't think WALT wanted complete "toonification," and so much of EPCOT should be about imagination and exploring. I can see them tying INSIDE OUT into a big section about the brain, but it would be so neat to go to a theme park and learn about the inner workings of the brain!
Test Track is right there. There will be no Tron coaster.

Soarin' Over Pgh

The Tron coaster is exclusive to Shanghai. I'm sure there's some clause stating exclusivity for xx amount of time.

FigmentForver96

Why do people want the Tron coaster so badly????? Yes the bike coaster is cool and yes their is some cool elements but the show building is clearly exposed! Not to mention a large portion of the track is clearly visible. There is nothing that says grid more then exposed coaster track....right? And of all places lets put it in Epcot :facepalm:

Pam Hates Penguins

Why do people want the Tron coaster so badly????? Yes the bike coaster is cool and yes their is some cool elements but the show building is clearly exposed! Not to mention a large portion of the track is clearly visible. There is nothing that says grid more then exposed coaster track....right? And of all places lets put it in Epcot :facepalm:

#ThanksShanghai

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom