News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Haymarket2008

I'd very much like it if the Tron coaster stayed far away from Epcot. Unless they change the function of Future World, it would not fit. And yes, I know they had plans to bring Tron into the park in the 80's. What pavilion or "future of mankind" idea would it support? (It would fit better than the Guardians of the Galaxy rumor, though)

clemmo

Basically the only pavilions that aren't in desperate need are TT, Land, and Seas. Other than that they all need help, mission space is so-so but i'd rather see something like horizons back

Mike S

Basically the only pavilions that aren't in desperate need are TT, Land, and Seas. Other than that they all need help, mission space is so-so but i'd rather see something like horizons back
With our luck the pavilion Disney will see as having the most need is the Seas to bring it more in line with Finding Dory :facepalm:

Daveeeeed

With our luck the pavilion Disney will see as having the most need is the Seas to bring it more in line with Finding Dory :facepalm:
I don't know if you've seen Finding Dory but it could definitely work better than Finding Nemo if they would update the pavilion more than just add a few Easter eggs. The movie felt like a 3/5 though, not like the 4.5/5 like the first in my opinion. Would definitely prefer to see Imagination get overhauled first, but it really does feel like they waste an entire aquarium.

clemmo

I don't know if you've seen Finding Dory but it could definitely work better than Finding Nemo if they would update the pavilion more than just add a few Easter eggs. The movie felt like a 3/5 though, not like the 4.5/5 like the first in my opinion. Would definitely prefer to see Imagination get overhauled first, but it really does feel like they waste an entire aquarium.
I'd actually agree Finding dory works better along the lines of a more educational epcot ride (although clearly that mission for educational and entertaining rides is now gone) I just don't think its needs to be even close to a priority right now. As for the movie I'd give it a 4/5 not quite as good as the first but thats just my opinion

Magenta Panther

If Nemo has to stay in Epcot, the Marine Institute would be a tasteful way to use the property versus the crap that's in there now. De-rehash the ride, give it an educational focus with Sigourney Weaver narrating and you're golden.

And at least make the screens convincing, if screens must be used. I never got the feeling that I was really underwater when riding Nemo. Even the Mermaid ride gives you a more immersive experience, at least in the beginning.

Jonathan D.

Why do people want the Tron coaster so badly????? Yes the bike coaster is cool and yes their is some cool elements but the show building is clearly exposed! Not to mention a large portion of the track is clearly visible. There is nothing that says grid more then exposed coaster track....right? And of all places lets put it in Epcot :facepalm:

Was just at the opening of Shanghai Disneyland this week. Tron was in my top for favorite exclusives. The show building is not exposed at all. When you come out of the building you are being uploaded to the grid which is entirely indoors. The entire outdoor portion of the ride aka exterior queue and walkway is mainly covered by the canopy which is nothing but spectacular at night. The overall tomorrowland area at Shanghai left me speechless. That is what tomorrowland needs to be!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 219
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 205

Mike S

I have seen the movie. My post was a joke that with Finding Dory's success they'll view the Seas as more in need than Imagination or UoE due to the involvement of IP.
Was just at the opening of Shanghai Disneyland this week. Tron was in my top for favorite exclusives. The show building is not exposed at all. When you come out of the building you are being uploaded to the grid which is entirely indoors. The entire outdoor portion of the ride aka exterior queue and walkway is mainly covered by the canopy which is nothing but spectacular at night. The overall tomorrowland area at Shanghai left me speechless. That is what tomorrowland needs to be!
If you're being uploaded to the grid when you go outside how do you see the grid in the line and how are you even on a Lightcycle when they only exist in the grid?

Bocabear

I have not been there in person, so can only comment on the plethora of images going around...but aside from some interesting archotecture, the entire Tomorrowland seems to lack design focus... Everything looks about the same height, there is no real sense of drama except fr the canopy on the Tron coaster.... It doesn't look friendly...and there is too much visual intrusion from Mickeytown visible.... It lacks a big beautiful icon...unless the Tron coaster canopy is it...

jrogue

Like others have said, I do hope they keep the science and learning in Epcot. It has always been one of my favorite parks because of that aspect and because of the World Showcase. I still love the idea of a permanent World's Fair and hope that they have some projects in the works that will inspire people the way Epcot Center used to.

Mission Space is one of my least favorite attractions, so personally I really wish that they would revamp that and make it into some sort of space center ... with maybe another coaster? Perhaps something like space mountain, but gives you information as you ride as well? That way it would be keeping the informational aspect as well, but adding some thrill. Or maybe a dark ride where you can visit all the planets!

I'm hoping they finally utilize the WOL pavilion! What a total waste of space! Just using it during festivals isn't really using it. They could build a new attraction there before tearing apart any of the existing ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom