News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

misterID

All of Future World is not hopeless.

Spaceship Earth could definitely benefit from a better narration and ending. Morgan Freeman?

The Land is fairly solid. If only the interior didn't feel like a cold airport. It would be nice to leave the original film in one of the 3 theatres. Inject mind-blowing growing methods into Living with the Land.

I think The Seas with Nemo is a lost cause.

Imagination should be the centerpiece of Epcot. WDI should incorporate every trick and illusion they have to offer and blow the capstone off the place.

Test Track is solid.

Mission Space could use new hd projections and more random ride sequences.

Universe of Energy. I love it but I don't know where version 3.0 is?

No more character infusions please! And bring back the songs, if only background music.
I'd like a M:S replacement.

WEDwaydatamover

misterID- While Mission Space is a fine attraction, it's no Horizons.

I was just trying to be as practical and realistic as possible with my wishes. Things easily corrected that would bring fans back in droves hopefully at a lesser cost than the Disneys Hollywood Studios revamp.

Horizons isn't coming back in any form I'm afraid.

Alejandro

All of Future World is not hopeless.

Spaceship Earth could definitely benefit from a better narration and ending. Morgan Freeman?

The Land is fairly solid. If only the interior didn't feel like a cold airport. It would be nice to leave the original film in one of the 3 theatres. Inject mind-blowing growing methods into Living with the Land.

I think The Seas with Nemo is a lost cause.

Imagination should be the centerpiece of Epcot. WDI should incorporate every trick and illusion they have to offer and blow the capstone off the place.

Test Track is solid.

Mission Space could use new hd projections and more random ride sequences.

Universe of Energy. I love it but I don't know where version 3.0 is?

No more character infusions please! And bring back the songs, if only background music.
Spaceship Earth, I would love to have Freeman or maybe James Earl Jones narrate, or heck, have Judi Dench re-do it and add change some of the later scenes.
The Land has so much potential, newer, better farming methods are coming, most use natural means for healthier, better crops.
The Seas....I loved Seabase Alpha, but that's basically never coming back.
Imagination, I insist on Mystic Manor type use use of mapping animatronics and ideas, here they can go wild!!!
Test Track, ok, it works, but future refurb could bring back some of the world of motion scenes and end with the accelerator scene.
Universe of Energy....needs 3.0 now.

Progress.City

Even Disneyland's maintenance isn't perfect. For the better part of 2015, the majority of the AAs in Splash's finale weren't moving. Overall things are in good shape but by no means are they perfect still.
Well, Splash is the exception to the rule at DL. I've only rode it once (during my last trip) and it looked like it was beyond disrepair. The MK version is far superior and it will probably stay that way. At least we have a few things that are superior over the DL versions - Splash and Tower of Tower (though the actual effects in the DL version is better). Haunted Mansion has more scenes in the MK version, but the DL version is still better, in my opinion.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was about to comment that about the pic's amazing symmetry of color, with the blue on the LS pavillion on the left and the red, orange, and yellow on the UoE pavilion on the right. I never noticed such symmetry and balance before. It just shows how Imagineers back then went out of their way for every little detail .

Seas was originally white and then light tan before the putrid blue.

MerlinTheGoat

Speaking of the original facade for Living Seas, someone at epcotlegacy meticulously recreated the Tim Delaney mural (you know, before it was defaced with Nemo) and converted it for use as a computer wallpaper. Love the results-
Seaset-WIDE.png

Last edited:

Progress.City

It's split up already.
Are the other 3 parks competing for those funds, or is it pretty much set in stone how much will go to each park (as a total of the entire WDW WDI budget)? I mean, for example, could some funds be taken from DHS redevelopment phase III to make the EPCOT budget bigger and could some of that $350 million be relocated to DHS redevelopment phase III?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are the other 3 parks competing for those funds, or is it pretty much set in stone how much will go to each park (as a total of the entire WDW WDI budget)? I mean, for example, could some funds be taken from DHS redevelopment phase III to make the EPCOT budget bigger and could some of that $350 million be relocated to DHS redevelopment phase III?
Project funds are known and some have been allocated.

Brian Swan

Monsanto, by the way, was an original sponsor for WDW.

They presented "Mission to Mars" in Tomorrowland, if I remember right. (That space eventually became Alien Encounter then Stitch's Great Escape, using the same seating pattern.)
They were also the sponsor for DL's Journey Through Inner Space.

Brian Swan

Were those the same rides? And did they become "If You Had Wings"? (Or was that Eastern Airlines attraction a whole different one?)
America the Beautiful and Magic Carpet were both Circlevision Films. If You Had Wings was in the space that is now Buzz (it's actually the same track).

Brian Swan

What was there in the Circle-Vision theatre after America the Beautiful and before Timekeeper? Just trying to dust the fog from my memory. I had forgotten about America the Beautiful. Was that the first one?
America the Beautiful was the first one, followed by Magic Carpet Around the World. They were both shown at both MK and DL. Timekeeper came in later.

Fantasmicguy

If I'm not mistaken the new Finding Dory film takes place in an aquarium/research center. Do you think if the movie does well we could see an update that is more education based and the aquarium would be the star as opposed to the characters even if the characters are still included? It is kind of wishful thinking but it is possible and something to discuss or think about.

Brian Swan

Wonders of Life can be reinvented. Imagine a new ride themed to Fantastic Voyage that is either a dark, water ride or a Gringotts style ride? Imagine an exhibition like "Body Worlds"? For the younger kids, they can have a movie or exhibit showing chicks hatching and other cute animals being born. Physical fitness and nutrition (maybe Kitchen Cabaret reinvented?) could be a part.
I'm sorry, but to me WoL was a fail from the start. It had a bad ST spin-off simulator ride (that was filled with factual errors), Cranium Command (which might have been cute for kids, but as a 20-something when I saw it, just annoying), and a sex education film (a perfect subject for a theme park). And a series of shops and minor exhibits. I agree that the theme of the building was - and still would be - appropriate for EP, but they've got to do better on a reboot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom