News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Disney Maddux

Regardless of what eventually becomes the reason that InnoWest is getting torn up, that is not it.
Oh, my bad then.

So, lemme try and make sense of what they’re doing:
-InnoWest is getting gutted now, and eventually the two M&G’s will close and the building probably gets demo’d.
-M&G’s are moved into ImageWorks..?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This actually makes a lot of sense. Take one building down, use the other for merch and assorted stuff, and when the new buildings are ready, take down the second Communicore building and build the other half of "New Future World" after the first. Basically, this could be a two-phase event. Also, in addition to the meet n greet space being relocated to Imagination, there's also a ton of empty space in that Communicore building for merch. This area was used for the special EPCOT 35 gift shop, so I could see them utilizing it again as an interim Mouse Gear while the permenant building is being constructed.

I don’t have any hard facts about the plans, but it’s worth remembering most of the NW building is currently empty. Also remember Centorium was temporarily moved in 1999.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anyone wanna take the time to draw on an aerial pic what parts of the communicore buildings are in use today, and for what.

I've lost track.

@MisterPenguin maybe?

You rang?...

1545237747404.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Your sizing is a little off for a few areas, but that’s pretty accurate overall. However, it’s a little dated. SpectacuLab is in place of the Passholder thing, which is now at Wonders if it reopens again.

Yeah, that's a map I made a while ago mostly to show what's being housed in there.

If people are looking for spot for a store while Innoventions is being razed, I vote for Project Tomorrow. Though, perhaps, that should be razed, too.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yeah, that's a map I made a while ago mostly to show what's being housed in there.

If people are looking for spot for a store while Innoventions is being razed, I vote for Project Tomorrow. Though, perhaps, that should be razed, too.
Does Joy and Sadness M&G really take up that much room?

And does anyone (@marni1971 maybe) have a map with the original Communicore layout for comparisons sake?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does Joy and Sadness M&G really take up that much room?

And does anyone (@marni1971 maybe) have a map with the original Communicore layout for comparisons sake?

Believe it or not, not with labels.

So have a hastily iPad sketched over graphic instead:

2FE17BD3-3291-4226-B927-0DF94681F8C8.jpeg

1 Computer Central
2 Travelport
3 Stargate
4 Energy Exchange
5 Centorium
6 Futurechoice Theatre
7 Expo Robotics
8 Sunrise Terrace
9 EPCOT Outreach
10 Futurecom

P_Radden

Believe it or not, not with labels.

So have a hastily iPad sketched over graphic instead:

View attachment 334801

1 Computer Central
2 Travelport
3 Stargate
4 Energy Exchange
5 Centorium
6 Futurechoice Theatre
7 Expo Robotics
8 Sunrise Terrace
9 EPCOT Outreach
10 Futurecom
The names of all of these sound so awesome. Still wish I had a chance to visit the Computer Central to see those big old machines and the park model.

Indy_UK

So do we even have a slight idea what's happening with the future world overhaul. Do we know anything that's teased to be added into the dead and unused areas?

DreamfinderGuy

So do we even have a slight idea what's happening with the future world overhaul. Do we know anything that's teased to be added into the dead and unused areas?
Innoventions- Razed or Gutted
Wonders- Expecting to see something happen within a year or two
Image Works- Nothing that I know of
Lounges- Probably staying the same.

Can’t think of any other dead spaces that we don’t know about for the moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom